Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Still no just eyebrows option. Currently on Live, the male night elf NPCs in Karnum's Glade have such a thing. On beta, the guards have changedto have facial hair. :T

7+ Year Old Account
    Clearly unfiinished as hell, looks decent

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    you noticed they squished the chest huh. it's sad and annoying.

that chest Arcane-Villain used in his edit was much better, so was the Illidan chest, look at the abs on his model and this one.

They really should fix that.
    Faces are much more detailed, but also much uglier - he is NOT a pretty or even handsome fella
    Face beard options = terrible still - all Amish except for the stubble version
    Face is less angular by a long margin - i was expecting to see check bones or a face carved from stone.

can't handle or do attractive for males it seems - they should go look at male super models and top 10 hot actors, and model the faces on one of those.

that chest just looks WEIRD - WEIRD - WEIRD -WEIRD
    The chest, neck, shoulders and.. admittedly his crotch look all very weird.
    And his hands are insanely huge (3x as big as his head!) - they always have been, but they reduced the Tauren hands why not the Nelf male's?

I can.. live with the face. All of my Nelf men have masks to hide their faces already for good reason.

Maybe when I'm done drawing I'll go in and see if I can.. fix a few things.

It doesn't look finished and seems "not updated" tbh. The ears looks very out of place aswell.

Hopefully they will make it so that you can still have your eyebrows if you "shave" your nelf though. Currently I like my old nelf model over this one..
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijin Rhadamanthys View Post
    Still no just eyebrows option. Currently on Live, the male night elf NPCs in Karnum's Glade have such a thing. On beta, the guards have changedto have facial hair. :T
    THEY ARE NOT DOING THE NIGHT ELF MALE JUSTICE.

weird body-weird chest
    ugly but detailed face
    hands >> face = not good
    looks like a neutered male - no crotch bulge, not a trace of body hair not even belly hair, no adam's apple? - looks like an ugly girl
    look at the beardless option still has no eyebrows and looks like an ugly girl, not very masculine

liklihood of changes = very slim - notice no moans about body proportion, still the broader chest was better.

man, just take arcane villains chest model and use it for the night elf male blizz.
    give him an adam's apple, give him a semblance of a bulge so he looks like he has balls and not a vagina.

10+ Year Old Account
    Waist, hip and genital area are still retardedly small for how huge NEs are. It just looks so fucking silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks pretty good for an unrefined version of it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

THEY ARE NOT DOING THE NIGHT ELF MALE JUSTICE.

weird body-weird chest
    ugly but detailed face
    hands >> face = not good
    looks like a neutered male - no crotch bulge, not a trace of body hair not even belly hair, no adam's apple? - looks like an ugly girl
    look at the beardless option still has no eyebrows and looks like an ugly girl, not very masculine

liklihood of changes = very slim - notice no moans about body proportion, still the broader chest was better.

man, just take arcane villains chest model and use it for the night elf male blizz.
    give him an adam's apple, give him a semblance of a bulge so he looks like he has balls and not a vagina.
    Regarding the crotch bulge and body hair, it probably won't happen. If they had different body types available to the races, then I can see body hair happening, mostly it's because we haven't seen anything pointing to such. Crotches on other males lack anything really, so you can't expect them to add it just for night elves.

As far as everything else goes, his walk is much improved and his single cast animation is now at least tolerable.

I'm hoping that he's very unfinished, because the only real change is the ears, fingers and toes.
    Key complaints:
    Chest and abdomen look like a cardboard box with anatomy painted on.
    walk/stand/run hopefully placeholder, otherwise goofy.
    casting directed animation I'm hoping gets replaced.
    faces seem to come in one flavor: grumpy cat
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Regarding the crotch bulge and body hair, it probably won't happen. If they had different body types available to the races, then I can see body hair happening, mostly it's because we haven't seen anything pointing to such. Crotches on other males lack anything really, so you can't expect them to add it just for night elves.

As far as everything else goes, his walk is much improved and his single cast animation is now at least tolerable.
    wanna post a video of the cast? that was the most importnat thing that needed to change - his animations.

i actually liked the old model, i didn't think he was animated properly which didn't help, he needed broader thights, and bulgier biceps, but otherwise i liked him. This new model, not so cool. I mean he's tolerable, he could have been attractive but he isn't, i can live with that easily, won't make me excited to play him, but hey.

as for crotch bulges - all males should have them, as long as it is determined that reprodcution happens like it does for humans & elves (yes we know elves reproduce like humans because you have half elves - we also know draenei reproduce like orcs cos of the half-orcen around, but we don't know if draenei races can cross with the azeroth races, - don't know if trolls/tauren/panderan/goblin can mix with each other or with the human/elves/dwarf/gnome category), it's safe to assume.

Body hair is also importnat, as long as the male grows facial hair - he should have some hint of body hair. Orcs shoudl at least have fore-arm hair - but the draenei species seem a rather hairless bunch so that might be a feature of that planet.

But for Azeroth human/elf/dwarf/gnome - they are marked by tons of facial hair - you can't sport a beard like Malfurion's and not have a hairy chest/arms/legs or at least belly hair it looks weird.

adam's apple - as long as you have a neck and are male of the fit, slim or defined disposition, this really sticks out. which means it's a must for humans, elves, gnomes, goblins, dwarves, trolls - definitely for human/elf/gnome -- trolls are a different species so could be anatomically different (note altho elves may have originally been trolls they were species altered completely and are modelled after humans not trolls) Goblins on the other hand are related to trolls so, whiles an adam's apple would look fititng on both, it is possible to exclude the feature there. Orcs have no neck, dwarves have no neck but if they did and you could see beneath the beard, they should sport one.

draenei are also a candidate for adam's apple, they have a neck and the face for it, but it might just be a thing not native to draenei species.

still i would give all the males an adam's apple save for the Panderan - it is cartilage so should be present on the undead males too, and is a male/masculine anatomical feature in the enlarged/prominent state you're looking at something like a 95% occurence on males who are either slim or in shape - because body fat hides it considerably - so ifyou're fat atm, but were once slim, you had one, if you've never been slim, lose weight you'll notice you have one. If you can notice it right now being overweight, it means yours is very prominent even for a male and it will stand out when you lose weight.

transgenders have it removed when crossing from male to female because it is such a male identifying feature pretty much next to having a penis and lots of body hair.

Obviously very rough, but that's not unexpected in an unfinished product. Those hands are seriously overwhelming.

For those asking about the (directed) casting animation, its… similar? It hasn't changed dramatically, but there's less hip/body-swaying action and a little more tremble in the hands. Seems more like actually channeling something difficult to control and less like… elf noodle in a stiff breeze. Makes me a lot less afraid to use Balance plus Glyph of Stars.

The omni casting animation is pretty much the same, but with a kind of weird wave/flourish at the end. Seems a little jagged and unrefined, so hopefully it'll be smoothed out in coming iterations.
    Last edited by Lyoncet; 2014-08-21 at 11:47 PM.

wanna post a video of the cast? that was the most importnat thing that needed to change - his animations.

i actually liked the old model, i didn't think he was animated properly which didn't help, he needed broader thights, and bulgier biceps, but otherwise i liked him. This new model, not so cool. I mean he's tolerable, he could have been attractive but he isn't, i can live with that easily, won't make me excited to play him, but hey.

as for crotch bulges - all males should have them, as long as it is determined that reprodcution happens like it does for humans & elves (yes we know elves reproduce like humans because you have half elves - we also know draenei reproduce like orcs cos of the half-orcen around, but we don't know if draenei races can cross with the azeroth races, - don't know if trolls/tauren/panderan/goblin can mix with each other or with the human/elves/dwarf/gnome category), it's safe to assume.

Body hair is also importnat, as long as the male grows facial hair - he should have some hint of body hair. Orcs shoudl at least have fore-arm hair - but the draenei species seem a rather hairless bunch so that might be a feature of that planet.

But for Azeroth human/elf/dwarf/gnome - they are marked by tons of facial hair - you can't sport a beard like Malfurion's and not have a hairy chest/arms/legs or at least belly hair it looks weird.

adam's apple - as long as you have a neck and are male of the fit, slim or defined disposition, this really sticks out. which means it's a must for humans, elves, gnomes, goblins, dwarves, trolls - definitely for human/elf/gnome -- trolls are a different species so could be anatomically different (note altho elves may have originally been trolls they were species altered completely and are modelled after humans not trolls) Goblins on the other hand are related to trolls so, whiles an adam's apple would look fititng on both, it is possible to exclude the feature there. Orcs have no neck, dwarves have no neck but if they did and you could see beneath the beard, they should sport one.

draenei are also a candidate for adam's apple, they have a neck and the face for it, but it might just be a thing not native to draenei species.

still i would give all the males an adam's apple save for the Panderan - it is cartilage so should be present on the undead males too, and is a male/masculine anatomical feature in the enlarged/prominent state you're looking at something like a 95% occurence on males who are either slim or in shape - because body fat hides it considerably - so ifyou're fat atm, but were once slim, you had one, if you've never been slim, lose weight you'll notice you have one. If you can notice it right now being overweight, it means yours is very prominent even for a male and it will stand out when you lose weight.

transgenders have it removed when crossing from male to female because it is such a male identifying feature pretty much next to having a penis and lots of body hair.
    Sorry, I'm unable to capture video of this. :x On a laptop in between moves on top of it, so quality wouldn't be great.

Body hair as an option would be nice, though a sense of biology may be used to explain why they and other races don't have it. I would be for an option to have it. I can do with or without the bulge really, because at this point, I think there are other things that would have higher priority. :P His posture, for example, slouches a lot I find and it looks like he's sticking his neck out. I think if it were straighter, it would be improved. The textures on the lips and shape of the upper lip is dark and flat repectively.

Did a quick sketch of what I would have liked to see, forgive the anatomy mistakes: fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/233/4/9/male_night_elf_by_kaijin_rhadamanthys-d7w4jhx .jpg

I can't post links yet, so... you'll need to remove the space before .jpg.

When I saw the videos of the new model I was disappointed, then used the wowhead profiler and fell in love with my old night elf again

Kinda off topic, but do male characters in other mmo games have bulges?

I dont play many games so just wondering. Looking at the new male nelf crotch is making me feel really uncomfortable, i made a thread about it but it was not appropriate apparently

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't like the casting animations right now, hope they tweak them a bit like they did with the human ones.

Running animation takes some getting used to, but it feels much more like an elf and less like a bulkier human.

All in all, looks amazing. New faces also look amazing.
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they look great, and is making it hard to decide if I want to stay human or go night elf for WoD.

His face looks ugly. Completely disappointed so far.

Wow. I just logged into WoW. His face, his animations, his hair. I'm absolutely repelled by everything they've done to it. It feels even goofier! Now also with completely weird hairdos (old full set of lion mane hairdo looked regal. This one from the back looks like a lion came in and licked the heck out of his hair) and an ugly facial structure so that the one that isn't snarling looks plain old not the male model night elves seemed like they would look like if their faces had more definition.

All in all this is by far the worst model they've done for the characters revamp. Releasing this alongside female gnome is embarrassing.
    Last edited by Tiev; 2014-08-22 at 12:09 AM.

the entire body looks untouched to me. the head is hanging too low, the atoms apple is a good idea assuming you can see the neck. his stance seems too narrow or something about it looks off. and i like the big hands but these hands are WAYY too big lol. the running is nice, maybe a tiny bit longer strides, and wheres the old man face model!?! night elves are an ancient race! Papyscrap is an old wise druid!!

Quote Originally Posted by Venteus View Post
    Don't like the casting animations right now, hope they tweak them a bit like they did with the human ones.

Running animation takes some getting used to, but it feels much more like an elf and less like a bulkier human.

All in all, looks amazing. New faces also look amazing.
    I agree overall. The running animation takes a good bit of getting used to but after about fifteen minutes I'm really starting to feel it.

They look less bulky and more like the female body type; this, in my estimation, is a good thing. WoW is known for kind of ridiculous sexual dimorphism in many places which is not helped by the old models.

The walk looks good. Smooth. Flowing, upright. That's how I imagine - no, know - Night Elves would walk and that's a good thing.

Lots of bugs still, especially with the eye glow shutting off as they run. It'll be worked out. That's how it goes. To the next build.

Also, why the insane focus on groins and chest hair? This is getting ridiculous. I click on a thread about male Night Elves and I get a list of some seriously odd gripes. I didn't even focus on that when I started; I was far too interested in faces and the placement of armor to care overmuch about sexual characteristics and such.

(I do however much want a malfurion-esque beard.)

Sorry, I'm unable to capture video of this. :x On a laptop in between moves on top of it, so quality wouldn't be great.

Body hair as an option would be nice, though a sense of biology may be used to explain why they and other races don't have it. I would be for an option to have it. I can do with or without the bulge really, because at this point, I think there are other things that would have higher priority. :P His posture, for example, slouches a lot I find and it looks like he's sticking his neck out. I think if it were straighter, it would be improved. The textures on the lips and shape of the upper lip is dark and flat repectively.

Did a quick sketch of what I would have liked to see, forgive the anatomy mistakes: fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/233/4/9/male_night_elf_by_kaijin_rhadamanthys-d7w4jhx .jpg

I can't post links yet, so... you'll need to remove the space before .jpg.
    yeah, how come you can sketch a more attractive fae ofr a mle than all the blizzard models for all the races up to date?

anyway, i like your sketch, better proportions all round, they have to make him match, if they ar egoing for tall and lean, do that, if they're going for muscular and powerful, make him that, don't squish the shoulders, i don't mind the waist being skinny, but when the hands are so huge they wrap wround them and the crotch area? it's like he has no balls, it's just weird.

i mean, at least what you drew was better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enjoy Everything View Post
    I agree overall. The running animation takes a good bit of getting used to but after about fifteen minutes I'm really starting to feel it.

They look less bulky and more like the female body type; this, in my estimation, is a good thing. WoW is known for kind of ridiculous sexual dimorphism in many places which is not helped by the old models.

The walk looks good. Smooth. Flowing, upright. That's how I imagine - no, know - Night Elves would walk and that's a good thing.

Lots of bugs still, especially with the eye glow shutting off as they run. It'll be worked out. That's how it goes. To the next build.

Also, why the insane focus on groins and chest hair? This is getting ridiculous. I click on a thread about male Night Elves and I get a list of some seriously odd gripes. I didn't even focus on that when I started; I was far too interested in faces and the placement of armor to care overmuch about sexual characteristics and such.

(I do however much want a malfurion-esque beard.)
    I noticed the run is better, which is good. I have yet to see a video of the cast animations but i noticed that the 1H hasn't changed at all. I will need to consult the mmo-champion model viewer to investigate further if it's on there.

adjusting the walk was a good thing.
    for me the most important changes were the animations however, they changed the base model a lot - not in a good way.
    the exaggerrations aren't looking good.
    take a look at the model viewer; http://wod.wowhead.com/item=111086#modelviewer:4+0

is that even more goofy or what? run is better, walk is better for sure, but the body and proportions look worse than the original. that's not good.