Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    KT is a good legendary no doubt but he is not super high tier. I've seen him in two types of decks in high ladder (rank 3+) that is Priest and control warrior. I didn't really like him in priest they don't run enough stick minions late game to get enough value from him. Control warrior on the other hand is the deck for KT. If I know at least 1 warrior deck in the latest HyperX invitational tournament that ran it. That was RDU and it went pretty well for him He won the hole thing

I have it in my control warrior deck as well and he really preforms. He is not on the level of Loatheb or grommash but he is better than onyxia or deathwing which probably would be the next legendary cards on queue in the warrior deck. So if your deck runs Rag, Class legendary, Alex, Sylvanis, Cairne, Loatheb you need to put KT in it.

He just adds a extra win condition you play cairne turn 7 and he lives turn 8 KT and trade Cairne and its almost 99% game. With the extra sticky minions like sludge belcher armorsmiths ect he will pull something. Just don't play him on a empty board. I've done plays like Alex and he plays rag it hits my belcher and on my turn I KT trade my alex in his rag, get my alex back and pretty much run the game.

People saying that he gets owned by Hex, polly is nr 1 not playing on the current ladder because nobody plays shaman or mage but if you feel he isn't getting value against SW: D or hunters mark or execute you are playing him wrong. As a rule If none of the players are on fatigue and you wont get benefit from his effect the same turn you play him... Don't play him. The idea is to play big threats over and over again until he runs out of remval for that 1 threat and instead responds with a counter threat then is when you play KT trade you minion into his minion and KT will return your minion. You should expect a instant SW: D and still be happy in how you played him imo.
    Last edited by Axelond; 2014-08-25 at 08:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Hmm, does he then resurrect himself at the end of the turn? I feel like he should.
    If you KT and re-incarnate, kt proceeds to revive KT. You will have 2 kt's at that point. It really comes down to if you have any taunts up, if you do they need to silence/kill both kts. Or else both kts will revive the taunt, I use this typically to win with my deathrattle shaman.

Deleted
    He feels like a really strong card in Arena, where most people run controlly decks because, well face decks don't really prevail in arenas. It's all about minion and controlling board, at least the way i play it so i'd probably pick him if given the option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Sorry for the slow reply, the way it works is that you use Resurrection on KT so he counts as having died that turn thus causing a second copy to spawn at the end of your turn. His power also stacks so if you have 2 KTs on the board then anything that dies will actually be multiplied by the amount of KTs you have on board.

So lets say you have 2 KTs and an Earth Ele on board, you kill the Earth Ele and get 2 back at the end of the turn.
    Oooh, that is interesting.. I may make a fun shaman deck around that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Both events happen at the same time. Rag hits Kel, Kel resurrects himself.
    It depends on who got summoned last.
    If Ragnaros is on the field and Kel'thuzad gets summoned the turn after, at the end of that turn Kel'thuzad will revive your minions and then Ragnaros will hit whoever he wants to.
    If Kel'thuzad gets summoned and the turn after Ragnaros enters the field, at the end of that turn Ragnaros hits one of your minions, and Kel'thuzad revives it afterwards.

Deleted
    I use Kel'Thuzad in my version of zoolock. Drop him, Harvesting Golem and Flesheating Ghoul - have fun. Of course silence or direct removal hurts but you can say that about majority of cards.

It's even more fun when opponent goes for harvesting golem during his turn xD (Kel ressurects your minions even during opponent's turn)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    It depends on who got summoned last.
    If Ragnaros is on the field and Kel'thuzad gets summoned the turn after, at the end of that turn Kel'thuzad will revive your minions and then Ragnaros will hit whoever he wants to.
    If Kel'thuzad gets summoned and the turn after Ragnaros enters the field, at the end of that turn Ragnaros hits one of your minions, and Kel'thuzad revives it afterwards.
    IIRC order of summon to events only matters for deathrattles (and only from when naxx got introduced), everything else is still happening in the same moment despite being shown sequentially.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    IIRC order of summon to events only matters for deathrattles (and only from when naxx got introduced), everything else is still happening in the same moment despite being shown sequentially.
    Ah, uh. I don't know. I think I've read the explaination I gave in the comments of Troldens last video (60?) and it seemed to fit. Otherwise Kel'thuzad would be immortal under lots of circumstances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kel is my new favorite card. O.M.G.

I haven't played him yet in my main deck (Ramp) but I made a Nerzhul Shammy deck that's all about the deathrattles and Kel is a beast.

Love, love, love! /swoon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenFuse View Post
    Kel is my new favorite card. O.M.G.

I haven't played him yet in my main deck (Ramp) but I made a Nerzhul Shammy deck that's all about the deathrattles and Kel is a beast.

Love, love, love! /swoon
    I think more and more people are waking up to realize how good KT is. Since I started using it myself, I've seen it all over the place, and now running it in two of my decks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    I think more and more people are waking up to realize how good KT is. Since I started using it myself, I've seen it all over the place, and now running it in two of my decks.
    It's gained a home in my warrior deck, good anti control card.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    Problem is, if you have got 2 molten giants out with taunt and buffed to 9/9....how many minions are you going to lose a turn anyway? are they much more likely to be hard removed? via hex, poly etc, in which case, you get a sheep/frog back per turn....yey!
    And you are ahead anyway at that point, so does KT really help you?
    Mage has poly, shaman has hex.
    Not all hard removal changes cards:
    assassinate, siphon soul, naturalize, deadly shot, execute are all useless against kelthuzad(unless played on him)
    poly and hex replaces the minion
    humility can still leave you with a high health taunt
    mindcontrol both is and isn't hard removal.

Conclusion: 5 of the 9 classes does not have a hard removal that works against kelthuzad unless played on him, one of those being random target, one requiring a target not a max health.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

He has worked great in my mid range pally deck

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Hi quick Question: KT surviving Ragnaros blast is it bug or feature?
    As far as I understand it, it's meant to happen as all End of Turn events happen at the same time, meaning that Ragnaros does successfully kill KT, but KT's end of turn event is already triggered, meaning he's brought back by himself.

It's a bug, confirmed via tweets as well.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    It's a bug, confirmed via tweets as well.
    Ah, I stand corrected then.