[A] [Stormrage] <The Knights of Blood> Recruiting for WoD

About Us

The Knights of Blood is a guild that I formed for raiding in Warlords of Draenor. My vision for the guild is simple. I want people to be able to have fun and do serious raiding without having to deal with all the annoyances that usually come with such endeavors; hence our slogan, "Raiding without High School drama".
    Too many times I have seen guilds either fall apart or lose members over one or two people trying to stir the pot and ruin the experience for everyone else. I am committed to making sure that this fate does not befall the Knights of Blood. Brevity is not one of my strengths, but I will try to keep this short.

What the guild expects from you

I want everyone to maintain a mature attitude during raiding. This means taking constructive criticism without lashing out when you make mistakes. It also means being patient when other people make mistakes or struggle with a mechanic, as well as being on time for raids and making sure to let people know if you can't make it. I am not requiring that people have prior raid experience or that they fill out an application at this time. This guild is for raiding in Warlords of Draenor and possibly beyond, as such I will not judge you based on prior accomplishments or lack thereof in MoP or any other expansion. What I do require is that you be level 100 and ready to raid by the time raids open up two and a half weeks into WoD. This is taking the place of the application process for now, as I believe seeing how people actually play the game is a much better way to judge their level of competence than asking 20 questions. I expect all raiders to do what they're told during raid times. Strategy discussions are best done after raids, not during.

What you can expect from the guild

Whether you are new or a veteran raider; the guild will have a friendly and supportive atmosphere. This means that people will be willing to help each other, organize dungeon runs, discuss theorycrafting and raid mechanics, or whatever else might come up in game. That being said, other people are not your doormat, and helping guild mates is not necessarily a requirement. Guild bank repairs will also be open during raid times, with the possibility of being open more if the guild bank starts to accumulate a lot of gold.

Guild Rules

1. Don't be a jerk
    2. Be mature
    3. Give your best effort

Raid Structure

Right now raiding times are set to be Tuesday-Thursday 6:00-9:00 PM PST.
    Raiding positions will be based on merit. That means I will bring whoever I think is best for the job, without regard for things like seniority or how I personally feel about the individuals in question.

Loot will generally be free rolled, but I will have final say in extreme cases. This will be used for things like giving the legendary to the raider that we know is skilled and committed instead of the fresh app, or giving the mythic warforged piece with a tertiary stat to the guy that has a normal version of the same piece, instead of the guy that already has that mythic warforged piece just with no tertiary stat.

If you ever feel I'm being unfair let me know, (after raid) as I too will follow the guild rules. As I mentioned earlier, I expect everyone to do what they're told, (within reason) during raid times. This means getting necessary addons, doing the jobs in raids that no one really wants to do and not bogging us down with strategy talks during the raid itself.

The intent of this guild is to clear all mythic content. We are however not a world first guild. If I had to classify the Knights of Blood, I'd say we are semi-hardcore. To this end, I will try to maintain a strong bench roster, as I believe a bench is necessary for the long term success of any raiding guild. This is also why positions are based on merit, as there's no point in having a bench if there's no opportunities for advancement. Raid signups can be done either through the guild website or through the in game calendar. We are not officially raiding at this time in MoP, though many of our members do organize weekly SoO flex and normal groups.

How do I join?

Simply contact myself or any other officers, make a post on our guild website or in any of our recruitment threads. As I said, we're not doing a formal application process at this time, just be ready to kick butt in Draenor!

What do we need?

Right now we need ranged dps and healers. We have two steady tanks and many people to fill the role if needed. Melee dps spots are still open but know that raid spots will be competitive.

Information

http://kobguild.shivtr.com/
    I'm Azivir, the guildmaster. Laurcus#1712
    Our other guild officers are Edaeria (Avera#1336) and Yoink (Corbic#1705)
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2014-10-14 at 10:13 AM.

Bump. /10characters

We are no longer looking for tanks.

Bump for patch 6.0!!!