Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    What makes enhance so bad in PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    What makes enhance so bad in PvP?
    Hard to tell, I guess our gameplay has not been simplified the way some class have.

Meaning that a hunter can keep you away while hitting you for 40k+. And you're still trying to reach him. Same goes for many classes.

When, and if you manage to get close, you won't deal many burst damage immediatly: Enh damage comes from so many spells, so that our dps in PvE is fine, but in PvP you don't have enough time to ramp up and deal any consistent damage.

In addition, the problem also comes from the abilities that deal damage, which are: shocks (with EF if you manages well) auto attacks, searing totem, and then multiple little sources.
    See the problem ? You won't kill anybody with just shocks, Searing totem is not reliable in PvP situation, and the rest is just a massive amount of button pressing for little impact.

English is not my first language so I may not have been clear, but I hope you begin to pictures yourself what the problem is.

Though the problem is mainly in BG/open world/ashran. In duels I guess our selfhealing makes us "strong" and resilient. Haven't try arena yet.

TLDR: Enh not as bursty as it used to be, when we get close,which is sometimes hard, we don't deal significant damage because we don't have enough time to do so.
    In short: Pruning failed with enh shaman. Meaning IMO: No ability that we press feel impactful. That's it.

poor shamans, must be hard dealing with what shadowpriests have had to deal with all expansion /eyeroll
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Simmias View Post
    poor shamans, must be hard dealing with what shadowpriests have had to deal with all expansion /eyeroll
    Shadow priests are melee bound with position requirements and cast times?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

In PVE the rotation is reaaally good as Ele Shaman, it's so smooth.

If we're not talking numbers then the only thing that bothers me is that they made Earthquake a thing.

I love earthquake, it's about goddamn time they gave it purpose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    In PVE the rotation is reaaally good as Ele Shaman, it's so smooth.

If we're not talking numbers then the only thing that bothers me is that they made Earthquake a thing.
    Glad to hear that Ele Shaman's rotation is smooth. Was thinking of maining Hunter, but as always when expansions are getting close I find my way back to my Shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmias View Post
    Poor priests, must be hard dealing with what eleshamans have had to deal with for 3 expansions.

To topic, our ST is/will be decent I guess, our cleave is also going to "okay" if we're to listen to what Celeston promised.
    On the other hand, our utility is all but gone, we're still beyond terrible on spread multi target and quick swaps.
    Our mobility is beyond laughable.
    Tbh, personally I'm 99,99% sure I wouldn't bring ele shaman to the raid if it wasn't for them wearing mail, soaking all mail loot and pulling ahead in gear first couple of weeks MAYBE gets ele a spot, cause at the moment - nothing else will.

Oh and "rotation" is even more simpler then it was in MoP.

Feels like Blizz has no clue what they want to do with Ele, it's really getting boring, every expansion they try some weird stuff, it doesn't work out and we're just left with half done class.
    Last edited by mmoc0982a3e15b; 2014-09-27 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuriisu View Post
    Poor priests, must be hard dealing with what eleshamans have had to deal with for 3 expansions.

To topic, our ST is/will be decent I guess, our cleave is also going to "okay" if we're to listen to what Celeston promised.
    On the other hand, our utility is all but gone, we're still beyond terrible on spread multi target and quick swaps.
    Our mobility is beyond laughable.
    Tbh, personally I'm 99,99% sure I wouldn't bring ele shaman to the raid if it wasn't for them wearing mail, soaking all mail loot and pulling ahead in gear first couple of weeks MAYBE gets ele a spot, cause at the moment - nothing else will.

Oh and "rotation" is even more simpler then it was in MoP.

Feels like Blizz has no clue what they want to do with Ele, it's really getting boring, every expansion they try some weird stuff, it doesn't work out and we're just left with half done class.
    You say that you wouldn't bring an ele shaman, are you talking mythic pushing hard for progression or ten man normal maybe heroic raiding?

Deleted
    Mythic, it doesn't really mater much what you run in heroics.

I thought so, I am planning on maining a ranged dps for my guild during raids and I just want to make sure I'm not gimping the group.

In my time messing with the Beta and the changes that continued on, I'm not sure honestly how I feel. Some points I love, some points I just go "eh". As Elemental.

My positive notes...
    -I do like that they're attempting to mix all of the Elements into Elemental. I always found this to be an incredibly lacking thing with the spec.
    -The new mastery is interesting.
    -Liquid Magma is an interesting and fun talent.

Negatives
    -Storm Elemental felt incredibly unoriginal. (I say this because we already have two abilities that do not require a talent to summon an Elemental, but what exactly makes this one "special"?)
    -Healing Tide going poof.
    -The pigeon holding into using Earthquake. I mean it's even part of our mastery now. Which brings me to my next bit...

I honestly felt during the time I played that Elemental was all over the place. The mastery was changed twice, Earthquake was taken out, and then put back in and tweaked constantly. As for Shaman as a whole it really feels like the talents are a mess and all over the place. Even to some extent the class as a whole seems a bit lost. I've always said it but I've always felt that shaman design had no real direction.

I will say though I still had fun with the class, and I am the type of person who will say "wait and see".
    Last edited by Roamingstorm; 2014-09-27 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuriisu View Post
    Hunters can use all the same pieces now ? I haven't heard anything great about them dmg wise though.
    I am Çhubathingy of [A]<Royal Militia> on KT - Former top 20US raider.

Deleted
    Oh my bad, forgot about flexible gear, well I guess that's another downside we can add to long elemental list .

I have not fiddled with either beta or PTR but one thing that really ticks me about Enhancement changes is stripping down damage from Unleash Elements. I understand dev concern about enhancement damage coming from multiple sources but instead of taking out the ability they only rip it apart and remove the damage from it. The short term buff was the more valued thing about it before but at least it did damage as well. I dislike greatly these short cooldowns. My second most played class is a druid and I never understood why was a thing like Tiger's Fury still in it on top of all those other selfbuff abilities.

It really is a quality of life chance for the worse too. Almost all of us spend more time in the open world or other solo content rather than in raids. I always opened with Unleash and then Flame shock and by the time those had been used I was already at my enemies toes since we were both running towards each other. Not much of a PvPer but I understand it was great to have one long range attack for interrupting things.

I've played my shaman since 2007 and I will carry on to do it. I just dont undertand this ripping Unleash Elements apart. Rather just remove it completely then and add some passive procc.
    "no beards on female dwarves = ruined roleplay experience"

I dunno... I think the UE changes are a net positive. Sure it was nice that it did some dmg before but now that it has a "sprint" tied to it I am happy to trade that dmg for it being 100% a self buff since now you can cast it with no target(and if you take UF the buff now goes on you so you don't lose as much from target swapping).

It is an amazing trade off for Ele(since it did next to no dmg already), I guess I can see how it wouldn't be as big a swing for enh though since they already had a better sprint >.>
    I am Çhubathingy of [A]<Royal Militia> on KT - Former top 20US raider.

most of your damage comes from your auto attack (aka molten earth flameshock, steady rate of damage)

Earth shock seems to do a nice spike. Lava burst isn't worth casting unless instant. Ascendance is now a "cant be interupted" cooldown rather than damage.

Not feeling it.

Enh though, rotation is alot better than on live, the removal of searing totem buff for doing lava lash is amazeballs. But you will notice a severe drop in usefullness from ascendance which no longer is affected by mastery.

I'd like to see an increase in Lava Burst damage (it feels incredibly odd our 'main nuke' does less damage than our filler crits), I don't think this needs to be balanced anywhere else since Elemental is borderline middle of the pack as it is.

If Blizzard is intent on us using Earthquake, I'd prefer it to be more flexible. Despite saying it's 'optional', since when was using a spell that clearly does more damage optional for a DPS'er? I'd prefer if it got it's cast-time and time on the floor halved. That way I don't punch the wall every-time I drop EQ and the tank moves the mobs.

Don't really care about Storm Elemental since I doubt I'll use it much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    Enh though, rotation is alot better than on live, the removal of searing totem buff for doing lava lash is amazeballs. But you will notice a severe drop in usefullness from ascendance which no longer is affected by mastery.
    Thatswhy shamans try to go for an mix between multistrike & haste (mastery isnt bad but still not worth it anymore)

Deleted
    Honestly, new CL is totally crappy. Without EQ we deal nearly no AOE damage, EQ ends up to be 60 or even 70% of all damage in AOE.