Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I just saw on one of the streams and that was posted at the top of the screen.

OMG, how does one spend so much time playing this game? You would think that people would get out and be social, or do other things than play a game. It just seemed super excessive to me.

Does anyone else think thats excessive?
    You do see the irony in the fact that you weren't even playing a game, but watching someone else play a game, and are not complaining about people wasting their time right? If you're watching a streamer, chances are his job is to sit there and play games because people like you, who, again, was sitting there watching, pay him to do so.

I agree to a point that yes, there are "better" things they could be spending their time doing, but at the end of the day, it's there time to do with what they want. If they are making a living doing it or even just doing it in their free time, that's their business.

It makes me sad all these people bragging about being in the 700 day mark.

I bet most of them are
    1. Not making 6 figures
    2. Do not have Healthy fitness lives
    3. Do not have Healthy social lives
    4. Do not have healthy diet

So wow might make them happy but what about other aspects of their lives?
    I would rather have a healthy body, mind and great income.

Sitting all day causes so much damage to the body.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    No life. Of course theres a lot of people here in the same situation so they will defend it. Point is, people who play that much have no life P.E.R.I.O.D.

I got about 200 days played with all my characters, started playing 08, that isnt even bad compared to a lot of wow players, and tbh im ashamed of having wasted 200 days of my life seating infront of a computer doing nothing productive. I will keep doing it, but at least i accept that it isnt getting me anywhere, its time wasted, nothing more than that.
    Your whole life, all lives on Earth are a waste of time, we're nothing. Sure you can say it's relative but in the end, only you can (subjectively) decide what's worth doing in your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    so does ageing.

i do wonder though, being successful has never appealed to me, what are you going to do with all your accumulated wealth when your gone? seems like that would be the ultimate irony to me. amass wealth, maybe be happy about it, but you don't take it with you so, what, is there a productivity score board in the afterlife?

I'd rather simply be happy than chase other ppls idea of a perfect life.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2014-08-22 at 11:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Not making 6 figures
    Yeah, that's pretty common to be fair.

a few weeks (months?) ago there was an article on facebook/news site about a guy who became the world first player of wow to get every single achievement, as in a perfect score, every last point, achieve, everything...

if you really look at how many hours that takes, the pvp achievements alone would take 100's of hours...100 ab/av/wsg wins? if you broke that down into 20 min per win, 3 per hour maybe 4, so 4 per hour, into 100, thats 25 hours PER bg, x 10 bgs or whatever how many there are...thats ~200 hours of JUST pvp basic "100 wins" achievement...there's lots of examples of how crazy it is to get all achieves, granted its all over a long period of time..but still....

Imangine how long it took to get every single battle pet, and every one of those to level 25...collecting 250 mounts, how many attempts/tries/weeks of resets it took to get rarest items in the game such invincible, or onyxia mount, and there's even rarer ones than that...how many hours it took to get time lost proto? unless got lucky....

I think the ultimate amount of time spent on wow would be having all achievements done, you can spend 1000 hours just playing, hanging out, pvping and what not, and never have every single achievement, so one can only imangine how many 1000's of hours it took from start to finish for that guy to get every single achievement, and the fact that others have gotten "every" achievement before, this dude got them all in the current game as of right now (last month) because each expansion adds 100's of achievements, so being the world first to have them ALL now, is pretty impressive.

Maybe should look that dude up, google it, find him, and lets disect his time played and achieves, i think it would make an interesting discussion

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically this entire thread comes down to two different arguments.

You have the people who spend all or most of their free time playing WoW or other computer games. They are happy and just want to be left alone so they can do their own thing. They aren't trying to force their own views on anyone and feel that everyone has the right to make their own decisions and spend their free time however they see fit.

On the other hand you have the people who use the "get a life" argument or the "it's not healthy for you" argument. From what I have seen these people seem to think their lifestyle is superior and that every one of us should change our ways and live our lives how they see fit.

Who is right and who is wrong? Are either of these lifestyles superior compared to the

There is no wrong and no right way to live life. As far as I'm concerned there isn't a superior lifestyle. Some people might think that having a job earning six figures per year is superior to someone who makes half that, personally I think the only thing that matters is that you are happy. Do whatever the hell you want, but be happy first and foremost. Don't get stuck in a dead-end job that you hate. Be happy and don't let anyone drag you down. Treat life like it is a RPG. Every time you leave home you are going on an adventure (sure, it might only be an adventure to work, but there are bosses at work just like there are bosses in raids ).

10+ Year Old Account

I bet most of them are
    1. Not making 6 figures

What does it matter to you of others lives? They don't need your sadness or pity. Those people enjoying themselves with their hobby will probably end up living longer than you.

Besides if you:
    1. Make enough to save and spend on decent food then why does it matter?
    2. Get some good sleep and breaks for your body to adjust.
    3. Is having a social life even important? These people get enough of that at work if they're social with co-workers.
    4. Chicken and spinach plus some fruits are not expensive.

This tumblr mentality of "never judge anyone for anything" is trying to condition us for the pedo apologists. Don't give in. Judge EVERYTHING

Deleted

I bet most of them are
    1. Not making 6 figures

So what? It is their life after all, not touching yours in any way. They can play 25h/day for all i care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time is only "wasted" if you are not enjoying what you are doing, or if what you are doing does not improve the quality of your life in one way or another. If there was a /watched function to see how much time people spend watching TV, I guarantee you there will be a lot of people who have well over 1000 days. Would you say that those people have "no lives"?

Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    Time is only "wasted" if you are not enjoying what you are doing, or if what you are doing does not improve the quality of your life in one way or another. If there was a /watched function to see how much time people spend watching TV, I guarantee you there will be a lot of people who have well over 1000 days. Would you say that those people have "no lives"?
    ofc not, to have a life you have to.

1)be healthy
    2)earn half a mill a year
    3)have a wife or at least have sex multiple times a month (maybe week or day depending on who the person telling you you have no life is)
    4)play at least 5 or 6 different sports
    5)have at least 1000 friends irl
    6)only play the computer when doing none of those other things.

then and only then do you have a real bona fide life. everyone else is simply taking up space that could be occupied by those like-minded individuals. and when the day comes that the world is populated entirely by the self righteous the whole world will be swallowed by a singularity formed from the combined power of all those egos.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2014-08-23 at 12:07 AM.

Aslong as they make some sort of income to pay bills, I could careless how long they play the game each day.

I usually play about 4-5 days out of the week and on the weekend spend time with friends

All that matters is your content and happy
    Last edited by lunaru; 2014-08-23 at 12:05 AM.

Deleted
    It's excessive, yes. Does it matter ? You wouldn't know.
    If the guy's happy and not heading towards the wall, everything's fine.

That's what counts after all, isn't it : being happy ?

Well of course you will have people defend this behavior in a video game forum.

For those who think it's cool to waste your life away playing video games, trust me, at some point you will grow up, perhaps get a little wiser, and realize what a waste that point in your life was.

I for one firmly believe that if you use "ppl" instead of the word "people" you need to put the games down, buy a book and read it, and/or go to school.

I'm serious. Just for that one little reason.

The dumbing down of society at some point will reach it's peak where we will cease to function anymore. Video games don't help.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Well of course you will have people defend this behavior in a video game forum.

For those who think it's cool to waste your life away playing video games, trust me, at some point you will grow up, perhaps get a little wiser, and realize what a waste that point in your life was.
    Some of their reasoning is rofl

"I'm gonna die someday anyway so I may as well become an amorphous fusion of human and chair /emo"

I bet most of them are
    1. Not making 6 figures

It might shock you to know that some people have different priorities in life. I don't eat the healthiest food and go for a 5k run everyday, but even if I die when I'm only 60, I will be O.K. with it because I ate what I wanted, drank whenever I wanted, and did whatever the hell I wanted. It would be better than living until I'm 90, senile, and can't take care of myself because the human body just isn't supposed to age that well.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't have much of a life. But I have a decent job, make enough to support myself, and find that life is too short to spend time worrying about not wasting that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im amazed Jay hadn't been perma-banned. Hello, people, look at his avatar.

Mods - come on...

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskymon View Post
    So what? It is their life after all, not touching yours in any way. They can play 25h/day for all i care.
    Yes it is affecting me. Losers are a drain on society. At some point, I will be paying for their poor life decisions.

Personally I think it's a bit much time to spend on something that doesn't pay you any money. Thats 1.5 hours per day less than what I do for my actual money paying job. Scary. Oh well, each to their own I suppose.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!