View Poll Results: Are you For or Against Tier being removed from LFR?

Voters
45. This poll is closed
  • For the change

37 82.22%
  • Against the change

8 17.78%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Are you For or Against Tier being removed from LFR?

As the question states, are you for or against it?

Why?

Me, im all for tier being removed from LFR. It gives people who run LFR something exciting to look forward to when they do Flex and higher difficulties. It also prevents real raiders from having to run a lesser difficulty just to get their tier bonuses and op trinkets.

did we really need another thread about this topic?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

For I guess since there isn't an option for "Don't care". It means I won't have to use it as a 'gear stepping stone' and for that I am very happy.

This topic is a bit worn out though

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think now LFR will actually be what it was made for, for people who dont have the time to join a guild to see the content.

I am very happy about this!

I still believe LFR should give blue items, Its just a larger LFG dungeon imo. If they want people to raid, get tiers and stuff they need to make raiding seem really.. like "WOW!! I WANT THAT!!" so yeah having non tier in LFR is good. IF items are blue aswell it be even better :P

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    I still believe LFR should give blue items, Its just a larger LFG dungeon imo. If they want people to raid, get tiers and stuff they need to make raiding seem really.. like "WOW!! I WANT THAT!!" so yeah having non tier in LFR is good. IF items are blue aswell it be even better :P
    I don't think LFR was made so that people would want to raid, rather so that they can see the content if i'm not mistaken

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacabra View Post
    I don't think LFR was made so that people would want to raid, rather so that they can see the content if i'm not mistaken
    Thats right, and if people really only "wanted to see the content" then LFR would only be available for 1 time, and would not drop any gear. But no, thats not what that intended audience wants. They want Gear. And only Gear. Thats the only reason why people run LFR over and over like they do.

Don't really care personally, but would point out that a)If removal of tier equates to far lower participation, then the move was a bad one, and b)increasing the average players progress on the whims of others (ie, meeting pug requirements) never works out well.

I think now LFR will actually be what it was made for, for people who dont have the time to join a guild to see the content.

I am very happy about this!
    Exactly this, it was made to see content, they can still do that. The ones who will not like it are the ones who just wanted to get gear cheaply and unfairly.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    They want Gear. And only Gear. Thats the only reason why people run LFR, and bg's, and 5 mans, and every other form of raiding over and over like they do.
    Fixed.
    /10char.

For, because LFR's dont deserve tier for something so easy, LFR is designed for people who usually cant raid to see content, shouldnt get tier gear for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Thats right, and if people really only "wanted to see the content" then LFR would only be available for 1 time, and would not drop any gear. But no, thats not what that intended audience wants. They want Gear. And only Gear. Thats the only reason why people run LFR over and over like they do.
    same applies to heroic raiders. once they down the final boss the whole raid goes on farm for gear that they are missing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Exactly this, it was made to see content, they can still do that. The ones who will not like it are the ones who just wanted to get gear cheaply and unfairly.
    This pretty much hits the nail on the head.

Its unfortunate though that there will even be gear at all in LFR going forward. Or at least they should have reduced the ilvl to heroic dungeon gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Fixed.
    /10char.
    The point is, its not just that they "want to see the content," you can see the content when you run it the first time. You can kill all the bosses and be an LFR hero the first time you run it. They simply didnt say the true reason they wanted an LFR, and Gear was that primary reason, even if it was masked behind the notion of "wanting to see the content."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    For, because LFR's dont deserve tier for something so easy, LFR is designed for people who usually cant raid to see content, shouldnt get tier gear for that.
    Second this.

LFR is hardly seeing the content though. They see the bosses then come into normal content thinking they know the fight and fuck up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither. I never really gave a hoot about the tier bonuses in LFR and I still don't. LFR gear looking like shitty level 30 quest greens is a whole different animal.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm against it solely on the principle that content, once given, shouldn't be taken away. LFR raiders have come to expect that they can earn tier pieces through their preferred method of raiding and I don't think it's right to take that away from them because completing a tier set gives an additional goal and accomplishment.

I understand that including tier sets in LFR 'forces' players who may not prefer LFR to do it anyway to maximize their chances at gear early on but I don't think that removing this 'forcing' is worth taking something nice away from LFR players.

I think that the issue may be somewhat alleviated with the new group finder. A lot of LFR raiders are perfectly fine players who lack the time to commit to a raid schedule, but would otherwise be perfectly capable of raiding normal and higher given the chance. The group finder allows you to raid normal and heroic on your schedule, not a guilds, and so opens that level of raiding to a wider audience you can then earn the tier pieces they've been accustomed to.

Additionally, people talking about 'earning' the tier gear and LFR raiders 'not deserving' tier gear need to realize that gear other people have doesn't effect them at all.

LFR not dropping tier will motivate more people to raid properly, just like LFR dropping tier motivated people to raid LFR instead of raiding properly.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    LFR not dropping tier will motivate more people to raid properly, just like LFR dropping tier motivated people to raid LFR instead of raiding properly.
    no it wont. anyone who believes that removing tier gear from LFR will push people to do flex(future normal) is blind or out of touch.
    its only going to piss people off more.

Youtube was good enough for me when I stopped raiding seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    no it wont. anyone who believes that removing tier gear from LFR will push people to do flex(future normal) is blind or out of touch.
    its only going to piss people off more.
    I think you're the one who is blind and out of touch..

People want tier gear, they will do flex or they wont. LFR stopped people from raiding normal modes, it's not debatable as it happened. It happened to a lot of guilds, I know a lot of raiders who stopped raiding and just logged on and did their LFR, especially during Dragon Soul when it was first released. The statistics show it happened, maybe it didn't happen to you and it certaintly didn't happen to me but it did happen.

You take that away and LFR is left as some tourist mode with shit loot and less relevance and people will go elsewhere for their loot, they will go where they can get their tier loot. In Normal, Heroic and Mythic.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4