Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    By the way, the concept of "body cameras" was already on an episode of Rookie Blue last season. Not sure if the idea came to people from there or if it's a coincidence. Still, it was there.

Doubt there'd be assholes laughing at pointless clips though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mischiefpwns View Post
    I think they would be caught if that was the case.
    When prison employees in a Miami-Dade facility melted a man's flesh off in a scalding shower until he died, the cameras "malfunctioned". Result? No charges filed, no one disciplined.

You'd think that it would work differently, but regrettably it does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    One thing people are forgetting this will also mean everybody that interacts with police in anyway will be filmed regardless of why or how. I think that officers should have running feeds just like their cars do but others do not want this and will not like being tapped like that.
    I already expect the possibility of being filmed if I am in public. Cameras are everywhere today and I still feel the benefits outweigh the costs. I understand the police won't like it but someone needs to police the police. None of the footage should be made public unless a FoIA request is made because of a controversial incident. Most other smaller injustices can be dealt with in-house similar to how the army does it with discipline going to the officer if he or she was in the wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    When prison employees in a Miami-Dade facility melted a man's flesh off in a scalding shower until he died, the cameras "malfunctioned". Result? No charges filed, no one disciplined.

You'd think that it would work differently, but regrettably it does not.
    I had to look that up. Jesus christ.

Deleted
    Camera's on them at all time during duty is not viable, Battery usage will be ridiculous.
    Camera on all time: People will complain invasion of privacy
    Camera on at certain times: It was selectively turned off when any claims happen.

With regards to the Ferguson shooting (since this is what its all about no doubt), what about Fire arm mounted cameras that are triggered as soon as they are withdrawn therefor any shots an officer are recorded and no excessive wasted footage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madkitty View Post
    Camera's on them at all time during duty is not viable, Battery usage will be ridiculous.
    Umm... GoPro cameras have a 2.5 hour battery life. Put one on, go do your shit, when you come back to your patrol car or the precinct, plug it in. Have two so when one runs out, the other one's charging. What's the problem?

Yeah... I don't think so, not anymore.

Deleted
    Camera on at certain times: It was selectively turned off when any claims happen.

With regards to the Ferguson shooting (since this is what its all about no doubt), what about Fire arm mounted cameras that are triggered as soon as they are withdrawn therefor any shots an officer are recorded and no excessive wasted footage

the Met police use cameras, but only switched on when responding to an incident, because they don't need a billion hours of footage of police sitting in the car or walking down the road. it gets turned on when responding to a call, the footage is stored for a month unless its part of an ongoing investigation then it gets deleted.

the main concern would really be the officer being able to switch it off, i don't think its that likely to happen, but still a concern.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I can't wait for this to be a reality. Less cops pulling guns and more cops pulling tasers or pepper spray.

Deleted
    I vote for GoPro Police.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I vote for GoPro Police.
    you got my vote.

Funny, I was just thinking the other day that police officers should have little cameras on their person. The footage should be available to the public seeing as how police are supposed to be public defenders. However, I would also add that if an incident occurs and the officer's camera was messed up for whatever reason, then the officer should be severely penalized for not having proper camera care. This is because I'd like for camera maintenance and care to be part of their duty as an officer. No doubt there will be missing footage here and there, but the age of the internet will bring such blackouts front and center for a media shitstorm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardkorr View Post
    No doubt there will be missing footage here and there, but the age of the internet will bring such blackouts front and center for a media shitstorm.
    Reminds me of:

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    the Met police use cameras, but only switched on when responding to an incident, because they don't need a billion hours of footage of police sitting in the car or walking down the road. it gets turned on when responding to a call, the footage is stored for a month unless its part of an ongoing investigation then it gets deleted.

the main concern would really be the officer being able to switch it off, i don't think its that likely to happen, but still a concern.

Given the whole purpose of capturing possible impropriety of the officer and the dynamic of law enforcement that can happen at any second, having it only activate to respond to calls isn't good enough. You want it on all the time for the full shift, and they already have technology that does that.

http://www.vievu.com/vievu-products/hardware/#le3

Deleted
    Everyone here should remember that no, the footage wouldn't be uploaded to some cloud server where everyone could see it. Obviously not. That's not required. The footage should be there, though, to be accessible by the justice system and public when something happens where we need to see that footage.

Think of the dash cam. This would be a dash cam for the officer.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2014-08-22 at 10:33 PM.

man, smartphones really have changed the world.

In addition to police having cameras, all white people should have cameras to record the third-worlders who assault/rob them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECs8...layer_embedded

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    In addition to police having cameras, all white people should have cameras to record the third-worlders who assault/rob them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECs8...layer_embedded
    Most people already have cell phones

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    Could you at least make a passing attempt to conceal the racism?

7+ Year Old Account
    I have never once heard a cop say those would be a bad idea. Many in my area have been asking for them for a long time (to help combat false complaints and the like). The main issue is funding people can't bitch to lower taxes then wonder why the state has no money to provide every police officer with a camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    By the way, the concept of "body cameras" was already on an episode of Rookie Blue last season. Not sure if the idea came to people from there or if it's a coincidence. Still, it was there.

Doubt there'd be assholes laughing at pointless clips though.
    No. They've been trying body cameras out for a few years. This isn't some new idea that just started.