Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post

This generation will either be the last consoles ever or companies will have to do a lot better job bridging the gap between PC and console performance (which I doubt, since they love their $400-500 price point and AMD hardware).
    Consoles don't survive based on how strong they are. This logic is laughable at best.

PS4 has started out this gen selling at a faster pace then any console ever has in history, but you know it will be the last playstation cause it doesn't compare to PC Master Race specs... Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614
    Consoles don't survive based on how strong they are. This logic is laughable at best.

PS4 has started out this gen selling at a faster pace then any console ever has in history, but you know it will be the last playstation cause it doesn't compare to PC Master Race specs... Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.
    What? Have you not seen all the back and forth discussion talking about how gamers want 1080p @ 60fps, and how X or Y game won't do it on a PS4 or Xboxone? Have you not seen the discussion of 3rd party developers refusing to make games for the Wii U? Have you not see the Article by the creator of Star Citizen where he discusses not developing it for PS4 or Xboxone because they are 'lesser platforms?'

I'd love to sit here and debate this with you, but it's consoles that are holding back the gaming industry. Because of PS3 and Xbox360 spending nearly a decade as the 'current gen' consoles, we have dozens visually stunted games that don't even get a proper PC version - just some silly port of a console version. Ubisoft even comes out with Watch Dogs for PC with console graphics, then patches an exploit that was used at a convention to render higher quality graphics after people discover it.

Are you seriously going to sit here and defend consoles? Like I said, get one if you absolutely must play an exclusive game.... otherwise you're better off avoiding them completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does PS4 have more western RPGs than X1?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    If by where its at is the popular and hip system atm then yes. If you mean in terms of games then neither is where its at. Systems are being sold still on pure hype as neither have really pulled a solid punch in terms of exclusive game to warrant thier system over the competitor.
    Both next gen consoles are just grabbing cash on HD remakes at this point, it's funny and sad at the same time how many idiots buy a new console to play games they already have with just widescreen/bloom effect added.

Sure you have your few titles that are new, but hardly worthy getting a console over atm...might be better next year though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

Every gen has more and faster sales because more and more kids are reaching an age to play them, I can't believe some people believe it's because the quality improves. :P Sales can only go up unless you fuck up your launch, which Xbox did with their shitty advertisements.

Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    Does PS4 have more western RPGs than X1?
    At the moment neither has a library of RPGs of either type.

Most western RPGs, like Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls, and adding Witcher 3, will be multi-platform.

This generation will either be the last consoles ever or companies will have to do a lot better job bridging the gap between PC and console performance (which I doubt, since they love their $400-500 price point and AMD hardware).
    Wha-what? The ridiculousness in this quote is astounding. As long as there is a market for them, consoles aren't going to just stop production. And that market isn't going anywhere(especially if the alternative is PC gaming).

What? Have you not seen all the back and forth discussion talking about how gamers want 1080p @ 60fps, and how X or Y game won't do it on a PS4 or Xboxone? Have you not seen the discussion of 3rd party developers refusing to make games for the Wii U? Have you not see the Article by the creator of Star Citizen where he discusses not developing it for PS4 or Xboxone because they are 'lesser platforms?'

I'd love to sit here and debate this with you, but it's consoles that are holding back the gaming industry. Because of PS3 and Xbox360 spending nearly a decade as the 'current gen' consoles, we have dozens visually stunted games that don't even get a proper PC version - just some silly port of a console version. Ubisoft even comes out with Watch Dogs for PC with console graphics, then patches an exploit that was used at a convention to render higher quality graphics after people discover it.

Are you seriously going to sit here and defend consoles? Like I said, get one if you absolutely must play an exclusive game.... otherwise you're better off avoiding them completely.
    Is GTA going to sell 34 million copies in 8 months on PC?

Didn't think so.

You provide no evidence to your claim of this being the last gen. Console sales are high, console game sales are high. You wonder why "consoles are holding back the industry?". Because they are where the customers are for most third party IPs. Only rare franchises like Fallout have anywhere close to as big of a following on PC as Console. The majority of the PC market is still Mobas and MMOs.

I would personally wait...but if you want to get it now, I'd say the PS4. I see a lot of XBone exclusives coming to PC is becoming a thing. Like Dead Rising 3 and Ryse: Son of Rome for example, and I expect at least Quantum Break to be bought to PC next. Aside from that, unless you're willing wait, get a PS4. Even if you don't like Nintendo games, I have to say that the Wii U is a better fit for PC gamers to own than the PS4 and Xbox One at this time right now. But judging from what you want, I can tell what you'll be getting.

Unless there's a game you really want but can't play on PC, don't buy either one. If it comes down to it, I'd pick the PS4 over the Xbone. Better hardware. Otherwise I'd stay as far away from current gen consoles as possible.

This is literally the first time I've ever seen anyone say this will be the last generation of consoles.

Last I heard, the amount of console gamers vastly outnumbers the PC gamers, if anything the PC is in danger as systems get stronger. I mean heck, it's gotta mean something when suddenly the idea of console PC's are being pushed, like the Steam systems and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614
    Is GTA going to sell 34 million copies in 8 months on PC?

Didn't think so.

You provide no evidence to your claim of this being the last gen. Console sales are high, console game sales are high. You wonder why "consoles are holding back the industry?". Because they are where the customers are for most third party IPs. Only rare franchises like Fallout have anywhere close to as big of a following on PC as Console. The majority of the PC market is still Mobas and MMOs.
    1. The number of game sales for a 3rd party publisher has absolutely nothing to do with the cost of a console, the returns on investment for the company who develops it, the life expectancy of said console in the market, or the ability of that console to meet performance expectations of consumers. Many people commented on the lack of major performance difference between this generation and the last. A lot of those people are the same ones who have mentioned 1080p @60FPS being an issue with this generations gaming capabilities. The fact that this generation of console is overpriced/underpowered is not going ignored by the gaming community.

2. Microsoft and Sony are selling these consoles for less than they cost to manufacture. Despite them being AMD hardware based, they are overpriced for what the final product ends up being. Smart consumers who do their homework before buying a gaming machine can get a much better machine for the same or cheaper, have a much bigger library of games, better utility as a media device, and more overall value for their dollar.

3. Steam machines and small form factor PCs are becoming relevant to the market. They may not take over this year, but their relative performance/price ratio makes them unbeatable in the living room console market, considering their upgrade ability, backwards compatibility with old games, and much wider games library. If Sony/Microsoft expects this generation of console to last the better part of a decade, they will be made obsolete by advances in PC hardware/form factor. Remember, the cost of PC components is directly related to the number of people who buy them. More sales means cheaper prices, and greater market saturation means that the technology will eventually outpace consoles for price/performance even at the high end (instead of just the low-mid).

4. Console exclusivity is quickly becoming a thing of the past. With the exception of Nintendo, developers are pushing for greater market saturation and deals that expire, putting exclusivity on a fast track to nowhere. If people can get a game on the platform they want, that's a win for the people who matter, game developers. As we've seen with the Wii U, if a console doesn't have 3rd party support, it tends to flounder and die.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe
    This is literally the first time I've ever seen anyone say this will be the last generation of consoles.

Last I heard, the amount of console gamers vastly outnumbers the PC gamers, if anything the PC is in danger as systems get stronger. I mean heck, it's gotta mean something when suddenly the idea of console PC's are being pushed, like the Steam systems and what not.
    I'm not alone when I say this. In fact, this is something I've thought for a long time, because it makes sense. Consoles are PCs, just incredibly simplified PCs. They have all the same hardware PCs have and even run on similar programming. The only real difference is the way the hardware is manufactured (as unified within a single board as possible) and the lack of operating system support for things other than the manufacturer specifically intends end users to do with the console. While this generation of console has seen major additions of functionality built into the consoles (apps, streaming, game sharing, ect), these features are not exclusive to consoles. In fact, they are features that have become so popular in the PC market, they had no choice but to add them to consoles.

The problem is that these consoles are so limited in their hardware, they won't last the 8+ years PS3 and Xbox 360 did. Unless Microsoft and Sony plan on coming out with a new generation of console in the next couple years, Steam OS and living room oriented PCs are going to push them out of the way.

1. Nothing you said here proves this is the last console generation, just you dodging the topic with circles.

2. Neither MS or Sony is selling at a loss this gen. Check your facts.

3. I stopped reading when you said Steam Machines are becoming relevant to the market. You got numbers on how many Steam machines sold so far? I do, it's 0. Might want to wait on Steam OS to officially release and companies start selling them to claim they are relevant to the market.

4. Last I checked Nintendo and Sony exclusive games weren't anywhere close to becoming a thing of the past(They both combined have 22 exclusives coming between now and the end of 2025 across PS4/Vita/3ds/Wii U). Once again check your facts before making claims.

Don't let actual facts get in the way of your argument though bro.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not alone when I say this.

The problem is that these consoles are so limited in their hardware, they won't last the 8+ years PS3 and Xbox 360 did. Unless Microsoft and Sony plan on coming out with a new generation of console in the next couple years, Steam OS and living room oriented PCs are going to push them out of the way.
    So a handful of videos with a combined less then 100k views that are just click bait is your evidence?

Also good luck on selling 10 million Steam Machines in 9 months when Steam OS finally does release officially. Hint: It's not going to happen.

I don't have official numbers on gaming graphics card sold in the 700 series for nvidia and 200 series for AMD but I would wager it's far below the 10 million PS4s sold in the last 9 months. Steam Machines gonna save that AAA PC gaming tho!
    Last edited by Tech614; 2014-08-25 at 05:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point in the current battle of giants, and with their price tags, if you are still not sure, then maybe don't by a console and enjoy your pc. Better to save your money if you don't know what you want, rather than end up feeling you chose the wrong one for you.

1. Nothing you said here proves this is the last console generation, just you dodging the topic with circles.
    1. This is speculation, proof is not required.

2. It's speculation based on the factual rate technology advances and how consoles don't keep up.

2. Neither MS or Sony is selling at a loss this gen. Check your facts.
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2427757,00.asp

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...make-a-profit/

3. I stopped reading when you said Steam Machines are becoming relevant to the market. You got numbers on how many Steam machines sold so far? I do, it's 0. Might want to wait on Steam OS to officially release and companies start selling them to claim they are relevant to the market.
    I said will be, within the next few years. Maybe you should read better so you don't have to stop reading due to incomprehension.

4. Last I checked Nintendo and Sony exclusive games weren't anywhere close to becoming a thing of the past(They both combined have 22 exclusives coming between now and the end of 2025 across PS4/Vita/3ds/Wii U). Once again check your facts before making claims.
    Many of those exclusives either have a duration (they won't be exclusive after a certain date) or are coming to PC too.

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/2014...ity-is-fading/

http://www.develop-online.net/news/s...sivity/0184154

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/cons...box-ones-games

Are you really going to make me provide links you could easy google yourself?

Many of those exclusives either have a duration (they won't be exclusive after a certain date) or are coming to PC too.

No first party games are leaving their respective consoles. Some of the second party games have transitioned away from Xbox One and onto PC (though not PS4), but that's about it. You do not see Sony/Nintendo first/second party games making any leaps to different platforms.

Exclusives will remain just as strong this generation as they always have been, especially for a company like Nintendo who depend on them so much.

Quote Originally Posted by lastwolf82 View Post
    I like sports games , rpgs , shooters ,and action games. Really looking forward to destiny
    Ps4 is really pushing the Indie thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Guess I'll be the first to suggest Xbox One! I got both consoles day 1. Exclusive-wise both are pretty dry ATM, but both have great games coming up. Halo: MCC is a huge pro for the One; even if you have never played Halo/never got into it much, MCC is a must buy. 4 games in 1, 1080p/60fps, Halo 2 remastered graphics, with Halo 2's original multiplayer. Whether you've never played a Halo game or are a veteran, it is going to be a LOT of fun. Actually, I envy those who have never played it because they get to experience the awesomeness for the first time. Sports games are all going to be multi-platform. One exclusives are looking pretty sweet too, Sunset Overdrive is very unique, and Evolve looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. Fable Legends too.

PS4-wise, you have Uncharted coming up next year and Bloodborne. Aside from those I'm not too impressed with PS4's lineup, but if you're into top notch indie games, PS4 is awesome. Also, the hardware is slightly better, if you're crazy about graphical differences only noticeable in a side-by-side comparison.

But a huge reason I would recommend an Xbox One is the software. Microsoft is doing amazing things with the One software. The UI is IMO vastly superior to PS4's. If you get a kinect (highly recommended), it's sign-in upon recognition is really cool, and navigating the One with your voice is awesome. If you just want to go on to Netflix and watch something you don't even need to turn on your controller, just use your voice.

To me the Xbox One really feels "next-gen" and the PS4 is basically a PS3.5, in that it is awesome at playing games but that's all it's really awesome at. That's great if all you care about are the games, but if you want a little something more I'd say go with the Xbox One.

1. This is speculation, proof is not required.

2. It's speculation based on the factual rate technology advances and how consoles don't keep up.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2427757,00.asp

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...make-a-profit/

I said will be, within the next few years. Maybe you should read better so you don't have to stop reading due to incomprehension.

Did you even read the links you posted?

You posted a link showing the PS4 and XBO are cheaper to manufacture then they cost, so you proved they're sold at a loss(not to mention both are cheaper now to manufacture then at launch and will continue getting cheaper. Especially the PS4 as GDDR5 keeps falling like a rock in cost) One of the articles you linked even says they aren't being sold at a loss in the TITLE of the article! DUDE, c'mon.

You posted links talking about XBO exclusives going to PC but have yet to provide a single example of a nintendo/sce game doing so. Those 22 games aren't going to PC, hate to break it to you. Zelda and Bloodborne are staying on their respective consoles as are bayonetta and Uncharted as are Xenoblade and Little Big Planet should I continue on?

And lastly name me the last SCE/Nintendo funded exclusive that came to PC months later... It never happened, it never will happen. If consoles "died" Nintendo would ship all their IPs to handhelds/android/ios with cheaper dev costs and make bank and Sony would get rid of it's game studios all together.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2014-08-25 at 06:08 AM.

yea because for 400/500 euro you can get a pc that allows you to play game at 1080p or even 720p@60 fps for the next few year right?.... yea sure 1080p@ 60 fps sound better then 720p@ 60 FPS. but there is more to gfx then plain resolution. and if you look at alot of xb1/ps4 comparisons you will its the diffrence ain't that much. and someting the game looks better on xb1 then it does on ps4. yet people demand 1080@60. while many still play on a 720p tv. people can say alot on what they want and do. but i learned to take everyting with a grain of salt on forum. because when i have sex i can have sex for over 5 hours and have over 9000 cumxxxx in that 5 hours.