Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't think it would work. Propably would sort of work, aka people would be buying stuff for real money. TCG mounts for instance.

For me it could mean little extra buck, perhaps enough to cover the sub fee or buy some hearthstone card packs. I'm very good at current gold AH with 18 million gold acquired in stats and more than 1,5 million on hand. Not sure how that would transfer to RM because great deal of this gold was made on cheap (individually) items like gems, potions, living steels. I can't picture players paying real money for gems. But for raiding BOE gear? This would be quite pay to winnish tho.

Deleted
    no
    /10char

I'm sure it would, but no one really wants that. Also, the biggest profit for Blizz in that aspect would be if they just straight sold their gear in a store - not just cut 10% off your sale. I mean they didn't build this virtual monopoly so that their customer's could make monies.

10+ Year Old Account
    It didn't work in Diablo III, why would it work in WoW
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

It would work about as well as it did in D3. In other words it would drive customers away because the game would be designed to force you into using it and if you dont have real money to spend get bent you will be subpar forever. Then blizzard would realize they done goofed and remove it like a sack of turds when they see how it ruined the game.

it could work in wow, imo. not that i'm a fan of it, i just think it would work a hell of a lot better in an mmo than a game like diablo. in diablo, you constantly get better gear and there's not really a cap. in wow there is a defined cap. why anyone would spend money on things in diablo is beyond me, because chances are you'll just replace it the next time you kill something.

Deleted
    Nope it wouldnt. It didnt work in D3 as the devs. finally understood that buying loot and getting it yourself is not the same thing.

Besides all this. Why would you even want it? Like whats the upside to it?

I never understood people buying shit for real money in games. Games are meant to be played.

Could you imagine going to the local game market, getting the new super mario and then paying the shopkeeper to finnish the game quickly for you so you could post on FB that you cleared it?

It sounds so dumb lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it could work in wow, imo. not that i'm a fan of it, i just think it would work a hell of a lot better in an mmo than a game like diablo. in diablo, you constantly get better gear and there's not really a cap. in wow there is a defined cap. why anyone would spend money on things in diablo is beyond me, because chances are you'll just replace it the next time you kill something.
    You actually seem to have the two games backwards.

In Diablo there is a cap on the best gear you can get. In wow there is new tiers, mostly, coming every 4-6 months.

Are you new?

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Nope it wouldnt. It didnt work in D3 as the devs. finally understood that buying loot and getting it yourself is not the same thing.

Besides all this. Why would you even want it? Like whats the upside to it?

I never understood people buying shit for real money in games. Games are meant to be played.

Could you imagine going to the local game market, getting the new super mario and then paying the shopkeeper to finnish the game quickly for you so you could post on FB that you cleared it?

It sounds so dumb lol
    really, i don't care how i get my loot, what color my loot is. as long as it looks good, and lets me kill things really fast, i'm happy.

if there's one thing that's really boring to me, it's killing shit slowly.

No. We saw how it went with D3. No, no, no. And to add to that, a fucking no.

It's a terrible idea, and epitomizes pay to win. This is a game that people pay 15 dollars a month for. I'm willing to draw the line at 90 boosts, I would not tolerate this and I don't think a lot of other people would, either. It devalues legitimate in-game progress and earning as we saw in D3. Items would be going for 50 cents to a dollar and gold costs would become obscene. I would be done with the game purely by principle alone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    It didn't work in Diablo III, why would it work in WoW

Well though I never played the online D3,only the console version, I can tell that it failed because they nerfed the useful items drop rates to abysmal levels (Zarhym or Bashiok admitted the nerf and a huge shitstorm endured).The second reason that it failed it was that gear was not BoE and you were able to resell it.The third reason that it failed (and I am speculating here,remember I didnt played the online version) is that you could only sell....gear.In wow they could make it to sell pretty much everything.From ore to rare drops to consumables,previous expansions gems and gear (Wrath era gems and TBC gear from random world drop recipes).Any twink up for the Sunwell rogue ring?

That way I think everyone would be a "winner".From the ore/herbs/skin farmer to the crafter with the most recipes.Of course imbalances could and would happen but Blizz could hold a strict stance in such cases.Overall it could actually work

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    really, i don't care how i get my loot, what color my loot is. as long as it looks good, and lets me kill things really fast, i'm happy.

if there's one thing that's really boring to me, it's killing shit slowly.
    Thats what you do in an action-rpg hack and slash whatever game. Wow is a mmorpg.

You belong in a completely different genre of game :/

It failed hard in D3 for all the same reasons it would fail hard in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FeuerFrei View Post
    Well though I never played the online D3,only the console version, I can tell that it failed because they nerfed the useful items drop rates to abysmal levels (Zarhym or Bashiok admitted the nerf and a huge shitstorm endured).The second reason that it failed it was that gear was not BoE and you were able to resell it.The third reason that it failed (and I am speculating here,remember I didnt played the online version) is that you could only sell....gear.In wow they could make it to sell pretty much everything.From ore to rare drops to consumables,previous expansions gems and gear (Wrath era gems and TBC gear from random world drop recipes).Any twink up for the Sunwell rogue ring?

That way I think everyone would be a "winner".From the ore/herbs/skin farmer to the crafter with the most recipes.Of course imbalances could and would happen but Blizz could hold a strict stance in such cases.Overall it could actually work
    Yeah. Everyone would be a winner for a month. And then the game would DIE because all the casuals got the best gear and then stopped playing. Wow is a gear race. If you have the best gear as a hardcore, you play on alts. If you have the best gear as a casual, you stop playing.

RMAH is shit. Pay to win is SHIT.

understand this please

Deleted
    Yeah. Everyone would be a winner for a month. And then the game would DIE because all the casuals got the best gear and then stopped playing. Wow is a gear race. If you have the best gear as a hardcore, you play on alts. If you have the best gear as a casual, you stop playing.

understand this please

Raid gear is BoP and should remain that way.Few BoE's here and there woudnt do much difference.In fact they could make it that way so once you buy a BoE item from the AH for $$,the item would bind to you regardless if you equipped it or not.This way "casuals" wont have the "best gear" to stop playing.They would have what they pretty much have right now.

I suspect that more raid/arena carries are happening atm with cash,than with this system,but thats another story

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FeuerFrei View Post
    Raid gear is BoP and should remain that way.Few BoE's here and there woudnt do much difference.In fact they could make it that way so once you buy a BoE item from the AH for $$,the item would bind to you regardless if you equipped it or not.This way "casuals" wont have the "best gear" to stop playing.They would have what they pretty much have right now.

I suspect that more raid/arena carries are happening atm with cash,than with this system,but thats another story

BLizzard allready said they where going back to raiding guilds getting gold from BoE items from raids. This isnt in any way an argument that Rmah should be there though.

There is not a single good reason to put in rmah. not one

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    k I am just going to lay this here and see how you guys feel about this.

Remember the Diablo 3 auction house? There an actual real money aspect to it and you had the gold side for bidding and on the other side you had real currency for bidding. People could sell any gear. What if raiding gear (all gear) was BOE and you could sell anything on either side of the market so to speak. It would bind on equip however (unlike D3) Imagine someone selling mythic gear, legendaries, hard to get gears...for real money...that would/may be a real shot to economy...hell that would be a game in itself.

Many different options to start this up with. Many people loved it in D3 and many people also hated it. Perhaps it could be done better with in WoW, I think it might be interesting to discuss.

If this guy didn't have 2100 posts, I would suspect he is a representative of Susan Express! Maybe his account was hacked? What else does everyone think here? I'm guessing his MMO account was hacked. LOL!

understand this please
    To be fair, most casuals quit before they even get to the level cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    In a word, no.
    In some moremwords op hell no, you do realize the rmah was heavily botted,botters didnt even have to farm for stuff, have items to look for at set prices on the gold ah, then repost on the rmah

All this would do is make things insanely expensive on the gold ah, people not willing to throw down cash would be screwed.

And by "heavily botted" i mean just that
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

A Chopper would got for like $500 or something. No way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

I have heard "I will quit if it ever happens" a lot in this thread...no reasons given at all. I have not heard why it wouldnt work or why it would be bad. I have also noticed a lot think it might be a good idea too. I think the concept is sound and give up on the "it didnt work in D3" fallback. 2 different games. Many people felt it worked fine in D3 but there was issues due to it not being an MMO, I think in an MMO it would shine.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **