Youtube wanting a captcha

Sorry for the interruption. We have been receiving a large volume of requests from your network. To continue with your YouTube experience, please enter the verification code below.
    This is the message I keep getting. How do I stop this from happening? I just had my router off for 12 mins and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    This is the message I keep getting. How do I stop this from happening? I just had my router off for 12 mins and everything.
    Are you using a proxy or VPN service like Hotspot Shield to circumvent content restrictions or a private VPN to access services that are normally restricted to an intranet (universities will give VPN access to employees and students wanting to use services such as journal repositories which require a paid subscription to access)?

captchas are the devils handiwork.

Serious even people who aren't blind have trouble making some of those shits out /.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    captchas are the devils handiwork.

Serious even people who aren't blind have trouble making some of those shits out /.
    I think I've only ever had one or two that I got wrong, then it just gives you another. Google uses misprints from old books as captchas to get humans to correct the words, pretty good idea if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate captchas. I know what they do in theory, but it's just 30 seconds of me squinting saying "da fuck is dis shit" while I hope it isn't case-sensitive

your move.

.captchas suck so much man

10+ Year Old Account
    Showing one ridiculous captcha like that is a flawed argument though, blame the site that made that captcha, they are not going to get many registrations if all their captchas are like that.

Most are extremely easy indeed unless your IQ is so low that you don't even know how to move the mouse pointer around in which case you're gonna need help using the computer anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Are you using a proxy or VPN service like Hotspot Shield to circumvent content restrictions or a private VPN to access services that are normally restricted to an intranet (universities will give VPN access to employees and students wanting to use services such as journal repositories which require a paid subscription to access)?
    No I wasn't. It started while I was watching a live stream on youtube. It seems to have stopped now.

Deleted
    I've had some shitty captchas in my time. I prefer the ones that are pictures and it says "click the bird" or something, at least they are interesting. I saw one the other day that gave a list of films/games and you had to sort them into their respective categories, I thought it was pretty funky.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozez View Post
    I've had some shitty captchas in my time. I prefer the ones that are pictures and it says "click the bird" or something, at least they are interesting. I saw one the other day that gave a list of films/games and you had to sort them into their respective categories, I thought it was pretty funky.
    I had one of those once, it had a picture of a house and a cottage. Said click the residence. I was like...fuck..

10+ Year Old Account
    I am fine with CAPTCHA that asks a math question.

But those that have a hard to read words piss me off.
    The worst ones are the one wich delete everything you wrote (if you typed wrong) and you need to start all over again.
    Don't sweat the details!!!