Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Except it's not normal to see a clear melee weighting for the top of the meters, that is likely to hold some semblance of truth even after more tuning rounds. It wasn't coincidence that all the melee (basically) ended up above all the ranged. It's whether they decide to keep that idea. No doubt some ranged will be brought up/some melee down, but I imagine that trend will stick around.
    It is a ground game, with heftier mobs. Remember Vanilla? Remember when Warriors were the preferred model?

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    I've got a 556 Hunter on Live currently, and will be leveling her in WoD. One, because my 556 Warlock cannot become a Draenei, and two, because I've put much work into her since MoP came out (Exalted with all MoP factions, etc).

Will she be THE best DPS? Perhaps, perhaps not. But I will still play her. Look, don't rely on DPS rankings. You should enjoy your class more than just trying to top meaningless, constantly-evolving charts.
    I'd agree with this, as someone who played primarily shadow priest for the duration of MoP. =) I can understand that if you're a cutting edge raider the flavor of the month question might be relevant, but otherwise it's kind of pointless. That said, I'll be interested to see the rankings after the first month of WoD, not because it'll change my class (I don't really raid anymore so I really can just play whatever I want) but just because it's interesting.

someone have new simlogs from this week?

In most encounters ranged are preferrable to melee mechanically so having melee do more dps statically is good game design.

thats not what i mean I was raiding (beta) the last few weeks and enhancement feels poorly atm, extreme funny gameplay but thats all

Quote Originally Posted by erzahd View Post
    thats not what i mean I was raiding (beta) the last few weeks and enhancement feels poorly atm, extreme funny gameplay but thats all
    It's the second weakest melee with the most mechanical drawbacks of any melee so ya it's going to feel pretty weak.

The AoE is quite strong though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

do you think that enhance will get an comeback a bit later? acutally i like the gameplay on the beta its funny as hell but his dps is fuzzy

Yes, historically the spec is a few patches/expansions behind everyone else.

They might prune us next expansion.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

patch ok, but next expansion? puhhh wait 2 years I really want to play him but my guild is progress oriented, that could be an problem

The large majority of players will never play their class in such a way that they actually meet the numbers they're capable of. Add to this the fact most of the people around them will not meet the numbers they're capable of either, and all you have from such rankings is a lot of fluff that won't matter in your actual raid environment, whatever it may be.

There's personal skill to take into account, specific fights, usefulness to the raid, and what role you perform specifically in that raid as a DPS (covering specific mechanics, doing call outs, etc.).

There are plenty of classes that would rank above others on these theoretical meters that don't play out that way about 75% of the time.

Now, if you're in a top world guild and everyone is playing at the same skill level, pushing more than most, yes these rankings will matter, because they'll actually all be hitting it while performing their various roles properly. For the rest of the community, it's unlikely that theoretical rankings will mean fuck all in a real time raid environment with real people behind the keyboards.
    Last edited by Comp; 2014-10-05 at 12:30 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You think warlocks are at nearly 200% representation because heroic raiders specifically enjoy them?
    Heroic Raiders? They're super OP. Both in PvE and PvP.

There's a lot of partial AoE fights in WoD so far so you can probably justify your position. If you've played enhancement pre 5.3 you would have had to fight harder for your spot anyway than their position in WoD right now.

I wouldnt expect anything before the first major patch, but blizzard may surprise us for once (lol)

@Kezotar, yes. That was the point...

The OTHER reason you shouldn't bother looking at DPS ranks on beta is that the sims are probably wrong anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, historically the spec is a few patches/expansions behind everyone else.

They might prune us next expansion.
    I would prune every ability Enh has and build a new spec that doesn't feel like total garbage, personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Its only fair that melee do more with the extra movement they have to do.
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Its only fair that melee do more with the extra movement they have to do.
    With that logic, which I agree with, DK's should be above Warriors since Warriors have much higher mobility. Too bad they don't follow through with the logic =/

hmm seems not good, yeah the most guilds just want classes like mage, lock, war thats the problem

When 6.0.2 drops, they will refine the numbers even further. The entire population of the game gets to pay to be beta testers of their crappy product. So regardless of what the simulations say today, it will be a painful month before WoD launch and everyone will get to tell Blizzard that their idiotic changes to rotations and lack of movement aren't the least bit fun. I really don't get why they do this each and every expansion. They have these idiotic ideas and over the course of the first few months of launch all these changes are reverted. Get it through your head, movement is fun. People like large numbers. People like to feel like they accomplished something when they do a dungeon or raid, but you make it so difficult that dungeons are expected to take an hour or more _AT LAUNCH_ you are doing something wrong.

i dont like high numbers, thats the reason why the pvp balance was so crappy the last few years