Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

So I got a Golden Legendary, do I keep it...?

And it's freaking Nozdormu. Is he any use at all? 1600 dust to disenchant him. But seriously, golden legendary. I'm so conflicted! Help!

I bought 15 packs. I got 2 Golden Rares, the 2/1 Owl and a Coldlight Oracle.
    I got Golden Legendary Nozdormu and regular Prophet Velen. Best opening, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    And it's freaking Nozdormu. Is he any use at all? 1600 dust to disenchant him. But seriously, golden legendary. I'm so conflicted! Help!
    Just keep it. Looks nice. As for use, idk.

http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Nozdormu

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    1600 to craft a regular version. You will only get 400 if you de him. Just keep it. Looks nice. As for use, idk.

No, it says +1600 on Disenchant.
    The link you provided even says "Golden Nozdormu 3200 1600"

No, it says +1600 on Disenchant.
    The link you provided even says "Golden Nozdormu 3200 1600"
    Yeah I read it wrong. Thought the top line was de and bottom line was crafting. At any rate, its use seems to be to cut down the turn timer. Not sure how good that would be other then to deal with jerks who like to drag it out for no reason other then wanting you to rage quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Just keep it. Looks nice. As for use, idk.

Golden cards disenchant at 4x the normal value so the Golden Nozdormu will allow you to craft the regular version of whatever legendary you want. As for the OP I'd disenchant it but as for what Legendary to make it'll depend on your deck and what you currently have.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Golden cards disenchant at 4x the normal value so the Golden Nozdormu will allow you to craft the regular version of whatever legendary you want. As for the OP I'd disenchant it but as for what Legendary to make it'll depend on your deck and what you currently have.
    I'm hungrily looking at Van Cleef and Malygos, both would be excellent. BUt man, a GOLDEN legendary. I'll probably never see one again.

Noz is pretty useless tbh, id DE it and get a legendary that doesn't suck like a ragnaros (if you dont have one)

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    Nozd is one of those cards you can't actually gauge, so if it does end up in the meta there'll be no way of knowing when that would happen. Obviously you could just put it in your deck, but personally you'd be the first I'd have seen do it.

Way I see it, if you like it and want to keep it, go nuts. If you would rather a Ragnaros or the like you could do a hell of a lot worse than DE'ing a golden card that may never see any real use.
    Myeah. By the time Malygos becomes the current meta, I'll probably have enough dust to make a new one and could just enjoy using the dust for a legendary that works right now.
    Why Ragnaros though?

I'm hungrily looking at Van Cleef and Malygos, both would be excellent. BUt man, a GOLDEN legendary. I'll probably never see one again.
    Dirty dirty miracle rogues!

Think of it this way, in time you will get enough dust for any amount of crafting you want to do. But it'll be a longass time before you see another golden legendary. I've never bought a single deck and I've already crafted three legendaries (also, I've only DE'ed one legendary and that was because I had two of the same). Personally, I like collecting so I'd just keep it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Dirty dirty miracle rogues!

Think of it this way, in time you will get enough dust for any amount of crafting you want to do. But it'll be a longass time before you see another golden legendary. I've never bought a single deck and I've already crafted three legendaries (also, I've only DE'ed one legendary and that was because I had two of the same). Personally, I like collecting so I'd just keep it.
    True, in time I could eventually get those legendaries as well. But I'll never get a golden one again

10+ Year Old Account
    True, in time I could eventually get those legendaries as well. But I'll never get a golden one again
    never say never. one day you will get another golden legendary and then poof. you should give it to me for "safekeeping"
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2014-08-25 at 05:00 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Put his dust towards a good golden legendary that you actually want. Noz isn't good.

I dusted my regular Noz. His effect is crap. I say dust him and make something practical like Rag, Cairne, Leeroy, Black Knight, or Bloodmage.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on what legendaries you have or need, I would dust it and craft something else. Rag or Sylvanas would be a pretty good card to craft, just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    Nozd is one of those cards you can't actually gauge, so if it does end up in the meta there'll be no way of knowing when that would happen. Obviously you could just put it in your deck, but personally you'd be the first I'd have seen do it.

Way I see it, if you like it and want to keep it, go nuts. If you would rather a Ragnaros or the like you could do a hell of a lot worse than DE'ing a golden card that may never see any real use.
    he's pretty easy to gauge actually, he's an 8/8 for 9, which is just terrible, his effect has the same impact on both players, so his only use would be to speed up games that already are won, and lose a lot of games because he's a dead draw in most circumstances.

Unless you plan to make some joke deck i'd just disenchant him and get something useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tirion, yes, Sylvanas, yes.
    Nozdormu, no, it's just not used / good enough

I never DE cards, even if they are useless. Planning to collect all golden cards. Rather get dust from arenas and craft eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leeroy is the legendary I see most of atm. Hunter, rogue, mage, lock even pally and warrior can squeeze them in.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    he's pretty easy to gauge actually, he's an 8/8 for 9, which is just terrible, his effect has the same impact on both players, so his only use would be to speed up games that already are won, and lose a lot of games because he's a dead draw in most circumstances.

Unless you plan to make some joke deck i'd just disenchant him and get something useful.
    Unless the game gets to a point of complexity that he would force even prepared players to rush frantically to do their turn in time, which is certainly possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Nozdormu has one great, great use: It is super anti-miracle rogue. It breaks them really, really hard. 15 seconds is just not enough to set up their combos, and even if they can get a few spells off for a combo, they aren't playing them intelligently. When miracle was in the meta, I put him in my ramp druid and would play him as early as possible (inneverate), and it was usually the only way I could beat miracle at the time.