10+ Year Old Account

How to prepare for the Celestial Tournament!

Hi everyone. Is this the right section to post this?

Lately I've been trying to complete the Celestial Tournament, and now that I've defeated every master in the solo scenario, I thought I'd share my strategy to get there with maximum profit and without stress.

This guide will tell you how to get ready to defeat EVERY master in the Tournament, while also raising a level 85 character to level 90.

Requisites:
    -Chrominius and Nexus Whelpling, both rare and at level 25
    -The pets you want to raise according to the guide (linked below)
    -A level 85 alt (optional)
    -Your Safari Hat, and possibly other means to get increased battle pet experience

Take a look at this guide: http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...rnament-guide/
    It's awesome, and it's all you need to know if you want to get in the tournament. Kudos to Zagam for writing it! You will just have to follow it step by step. But first, we need all 'em level 25 pets.

Grab your level 85 alt (or don't if you don't have any) and go to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. You can get there through Kun-lai -> Great Wall -> Vale, or just through a friend with a flyer.

Go to Mistfall Village, to the south west. Here you will see an inn with a hozen stable master; just go behind said inn, and you will find 4-5 wild pet groups that also respawn relatively quick.

Put the pet you want to level first, and engage with the wild pets. Hit them once, swap to Nexus Whelpling, Arcane Storm + Mana Surge, and if someone survives, finish them with Frost Breath. After 2-3 fights your whelp will collapse; finish the job with Chrominius' Surge of Power, visit the stable master, and repeat.

Do this for every pet you want to level up, head to the Tournament, and squash 'em while reading Zagam's guide.

Why should I grab a level 85 alt?
    -A level 85 can get to Pandaria simply through the quest chain, and you greatly benefit from the experience gained through pet battles, although nerfed. Fact: by the time you are done, you'll most likely have raised that alt to level 90. Tested and Confirmed.

Why Mistfall Village?
    -Some will tell you to just go do pet battle dailies, since those net a good amount of experience. However, I don't recommend it.
    Mistfall Village is almost never crowded, not even with CRZ, and there's a stable master nearby for every casualties. Furthermore, the pets there can be easily crushed with your Whelpling. The only downside is the 80% hit chance on Mana Surge, but you will be fine, killing either 2 or all the wild pets.
    There is also a rare mogu there, Shadowmaster Sydow, right at the waterfall nearby. If you feel bored with the grind, just see if he's up by looking at the minimap, and try to solo him!

Which pet families should I level first?
    -It doesn't matter. Nine times out of ten the enemy pet's first attack won't be a direct hit, so there's no need to bring in a mechanical or a magic pet. This guide works for every pet.

Do you need particular breeds?
    -You don't, except maybe for Flayer Youngling, a pet on the list. That one should be S/S. If you don't have it, any breed of Scourged Whelpling will do.

Are there other pets to use to speed it up?
    Wilderness suggested the following:
    " Imperial Eagle Chick is great there - cyclone does hefty damage to the team and it has slicing winds that is strong against aquatics as well. I have a P/P breed and it was still faster than most of the enemy pets even without the flying bonus being up. I used that and a P/P Yellow Moth to great effect. But after a little while of that I realized that if Cyclone is so great, why not just use the Clonedancer strat that's so beastly in pvp? So I started using the Eagle Chick along with Jademist Dancer and it just wrecked those pets. Start with leveler, do 1 round, switch to chick for cylone, then switch to Jademist for Rain Dance and steam vent. If you're not familiar with the strat, Rain Dance buffs your hit and crit chances by 50% for 2 rounds - and it affects your cyclone too, so now cyclone has 85% chance to hit and a high chance to crit. Its OP in pvp and even though the Jademist was vulnerable to aquatic attacks the pets here got crushed too quickly for that to matter much."

Rhory's strategy:
    "I use a Feline Familiar to level my pets, Devour is just too good for it. Backup-Pet is an Anubisath Idol"

Last remarks:
    -You will get a level 90 from a level 85, without risks and in peace
    -You won't get any Charms, sadly
    -You will make progress for both the Pro Pet Mob and Rookie Pet Mob achievements, as well as the one that tells you to win 5000 battles
    -It won't take long at all

I hope someone finds this useful. Good luck!
    Last edited by Lord Pebbleton; 2014-08-07 at 12:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    You can also do this in Valley of the Four Winds, substituting flying wild pets for Critter.
    Swap in Zandalari Anklerender or nearly any pet with beast-type moves and Devour plus any Moth in place of your listed Carrier pets for an easy time.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Under dalaran you can train on critters. All you need is a best pet with a heal when kill. I recomend using cookies you get from daily to speed it up.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    You can also do this in Valley of the Four Winds, substituting flying wild pets for Critter.
    Swap in Zandalari Anklerender or nearly any pet with beast-type moves and Devour plus any Moth in place of your listed Carrier pets for an easy time.
    I suppose that could work too aye. I tried swapping in different level 25 rare pets, but the best results for me where with Whelpling + Chrominius.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Under dalaran you can train on critters. All you need is a best pet with a heal when kill. I recomend using cookies you get from daily to speed it up.
    As I said in the OP, the area I pointed out is almost always empty, pets respawn quick, and to go to the stable master and back is a 10 seconds trip. There surely are other places where you can level your pets, but for me, this one worked better than doing daily trainer quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    How long does it take to level a pet from 1 to 25 doing this, if you have a lesser pet treat? I get all of the pandaria tamers (including the 4 spirits) done in 40 minutes, so that's 2+ pets to 25 each day (I always have at least a lesser pet treat). I find it hard to believe that this way would be faster than that.

Now, if you want to make the argument that someone who would be doing this is unlikely to have the pets needed to quickly do all the tamers, that's a very valid and likely correct point. But I'd be surprised if this was faster than someone who can efficiently run through the tamers each day.

If I'm really bored and want to do some pet leveling outside of trainers I've been doing the critters around Halfhill with Xu-fu since he crushes them and has a heal. But I might start doing it your way instead during those occasions since it would be different and I'm curious to see how quickly it actually goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    How long does it take to level a pet from 1 to 25 doing this, if you have a lesser pet treat? I get all of the pandaria tamers (including the 4 spirits) done in 40 minutes, so that's 2+ pets to 25 each day (I always have at least a lesser pet treat). I find it hard to believe that this way would be faster than that.

Now, if you want to make the argument that someone who would be doing this is unlikely to have the pets needed to quickly do all the tamers, that's a very valid and likely correct point. But I'd be surprised if this was faster than someone who can efficiently run through the tamers each day.

If I'm really bored and want to do some pet leveling outside of trainers I've been doing the critters around Halfhill with Xu-fu since he crushes them and has a heal. But I might start doing it your way instead during those occasions since it would be different and I'm curious to see how quickly it actually goes.
    I was able to level a pet to level 25 in about 40 minutes too, but I didn't use any treats, just the Hat (I forgot those, shame on me). I hope that works out for you too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I did this for about an hour today to level up a bunch of pets I had sitting at 24.

Pros: There is a good bunch of pets there to battle, and they respawn rather quickly.

I didn't really like the Nexus Whelpling that much - seemed squishy and that 80% on the main move you're doing to kill can be annoying. Its primarily aquatic pets there, so anything with a flying move is going to be strong against them. I played around with a few different options but I think 2 of them were at least more successful than the whelpling/chrominius you suggest. Imperial Eagle Chick is great there - cyclone does hefty damage to the team and it has slicing winds that is strong against aquatics as well. I have a P/P breed and it was still faster than most of the enemy pets even without the flying bonus being up. I used that and a P/P Yellow Moth to great effect. But after a little while of that I realized that if Cyclone is so great, why not just use the Clonedancer strat that's so beastly in pvp? So I started using the Eagle Chick along with Jademist Dancer and it just wrecked those pets. Start with leveler, do 1 round, switch to chick for cylone, then switch to Jademist for Rain Dance and steam vent. If you're not familiar with the strat, Rain Dance buffs your hit and crit chances by 50% for 2 rounds - and it affects your cyclone too, so now cyclone has 85% chance to hit and a high chance to crit. Its OP in pvp and even though the Jademist was vulnerable to aquatic attacks the pets here got crushed too quickly for that to matter much.

However, there are several cons to this place. First, the stable master is phased - I took a fresh 85 there and it was unavailable and couldn't be seen at all. A quick google search showed me I wasn't just not seeing him, he is phased. I do not know how many quests you have to do there to unlock where he is though, maybe its fast but I didn't find out as I didn't need to heal any faster than the 8 min CD on the revive ability anyway. Second, its a bit of a run to get there, which involved a couple of deaths - if you have a friend to fly you there that wouldn't matter but my other problem is that the toon that I'm leveling through pet battles I also turn in all 3 of the Beasts of Fable dailies on once I've completed them on my main so that the leveler gets the exp. That means I'd have to make this run to the village every day.

Overall, if you're going to do this, I'd recommend going to another location, such as the critters right near Halfhill. There is a stable master in Halfhill if needed, although it is further away than the one in the village would be if you have him unlocked. But there are a bunch of pets that crush critters that wouldn't need healing any more than 8 mins anyway. Feline Familiar with devour works very well. So does Xu-fu but obviously you wouldn't have him if leveling pets for the tournament. Kun-lai Runt wrecks critters with his beast skills. And a lot of others. You would probably need someone to fly you over to Halfhill the 1st time to get the flight point if you haven't been to Pandaria on that toon, but then you can fly back and forth if need be. That would be a better choice, in my opinion, but others mileage may vary. If you have no need to return to Shrine on the toon you're leveling, that means you just have to go that village once and unlock the stable master and you're all set.

10+ Year Old Account
    However, there are several cons to this place. First, the stable master is phased - I took a fresh 85 there and it was unavailable and couldn't be seen at all. A quick google search showed me I wasn't just not seeing him, he is phased. I do not know how many quests you have to do there to unlock where he is though, maybe its fast but I didn't find out as I didn't need to heal any faster than the 8 min CD on the revive ability anyway. Second, its a bit of a run to get there, which involved a couple of deaths - if you have a friend to fly you there that wouldn't matter but my other problem is that the toon that I'm leveling through pet battles I also turn in all 3 of the Beasts of Fable dailies on once I've completed them on my main so that the leveler gets the exp. That means I'd have to make this run to the village every day.
    Ah, I don't know, I enjoyed the trip to get there... on another note; really? Phased? Mmmh. On my character, I just completed the first 4-5 quests (as Alliance, the one after the warlock teleports away and you meet the sha, then nothing more). How many did you do?

Deleted
    Nice guide. Maybe you could jazz it up a bit with a nicer format.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Ah, I don't know, I enjoyed the trip to get there... on another note; really? Phased? Mmmh. On my character, I just completed the first 4-5 quests (as Alliance, the one after the warlock teleports away and you meet the sha, then nothing more). How many did you do?
    I didn't actually do any of the quests so I don't know how many it takes to unphase him - I didn't find the need to heal my pets more often than the 8 min revive CD and I'm overflowing with bandages from the dailies anyway. If its only a handful of quests that's definitely not a big deal, I just didn't find it to be the best place for me given that I need to get my toon I'm doing this on back and forth from Shrine so Halfhill makes more sense for me. The fast respawn of pets is definitely great once you have a good team in place, so I could see it working out pretty well, just not the best in my opinion

I used the wowhead guide here:
    http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1827/a-...ial-tournament
    Mostly because it had a variety of options and I was looking to farm the least number of pets I had to. Only had to do Pandaria dailies for a week before starting the tournament. Wish I started sooner because it's taking forever to get all the celestial pets.

I didn't use pet list on this guide btw. I went by the list for each trainer and used different comps for each guy, not just the original strats.

I use a Feline Familiar to level my pets, Devour is just too good for it. Backup-Pet is an Anubisath Idol
    Last edited by Rhory; 2014-08-05 at 02:14 PM.

You can defeat all the legendary celestial pets with 2 pets(except for zao, youll need a mechanical for the third spot) with a magical crawdad to heal on Yu'la; so save that one for last!

Pandaren Water Spirit and a Chrominius.

Geysor -> Whirlpool then switch to Chrominius
    Howl -> Surge of Power

but for Zao, after howl, switch to your mechanical. I use a menagerie Custodian with Shock and Awe and Ion cannon, which I use S and A first, then the cannon.

Then you go to Yu'la and heal your pets up with your Magical Crawdad's Wish

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    You can defeat all the legendary celestial pets with 2 pets(except for zao, youll need a mechanical for the third spot) with a magical crawdad to heal on Yu'la; so save that one for last!
    I do Zao with Voodoo Figurine and Mr. Grubbs.

Open with Voodoo Figurine. Wild Magic, Flame Breath, then repeat until first death. use Rot during your Undead passive turn, then bring out Mr. Grubbs. Acidic Goo, then 2x Chomp will tear through whatever health Zao has remaining.
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post

Pandaren Water Spirit and a Chrominius.

Geysor -> Whirlpool then switch to Chrominius
    Howl -> Surge of Power

but for Zao, after howl, switch to your mechanical. I use a menagerie Custodian with Shock and Awe and Ion cannon, which I use S and A first, then the cannon.

Then you go to Yu'la and heal your pets up with your Magical Crawdad's Wish
    Does that work with Xu-fu? I use that on the other 3 celestials (just start with a Valk on Zao for CoD then UA) but I think I had trouble with Xu-Fu at first with that so I just use 3 mechanicals on him now. Tranquil Yeti for Lightning storm, switch to Clockwork Gnome for 1 turret, then Lil' Bling for Make It Rain and Inflation. Just wrecks him.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    I do Zao with Voodoo Figurine and Mr. Grubbs.

Open with Voodoo Figurine. Wild Magic, Flame Breath, then repeat until first death. use Rot during your Undead passive turn, then bring out Mr. Grubbs. Acidic Goo, then 2x Chomp will tear through whatever health Zao has remaining.
    I could see that working pretty well, although I just use the aforementioned howlbomb just start with a Valk for CoD and then Unholy Ascension (25% damage increase) so its a quick 6 rounds and out. I'm not even sure if the UA is really needed, you could probably do it with just CoD which you can get from a few different pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does that work with Xu-fu? I use that on the other 3 celestials (just start with a Valk on Zao for CoD then UA) but I think I had trouble with Xu-Fu at first with that so I just use 3 mechanicals on him now. Tranquil Yeti for Lightning storm, switch to Clockwork Gnome for 1 turret, then Lil' Bling for Make It Rain and Inflation. Just wrecks him.
    For Xu-Fu I use Darkmoon Zepplin and Darkmoon Tonk.
    Open with Zepplin, Rocket x1, Decoy, Rocket til just before you die, then Self Destruct. Finish with Tonk. Moves don't really matter as long as you have Ion Cannon for the finish.
    *bro fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm adding the possible variations of Carrier pets you mentioned to the OP. Thanks for the inputs guys; I don't know if I'll add alternate routes to the one I pointed out though, I fear OP could become a wall of text.

If you're having trouble with Yu'la using Pandaren Water Spirit + Chrominius combo, I found a tactic that should work.
    I bring an Haywire Sunreaver Construct as my third pet. Send the Spirit, Geyser -> Whirlpool, switch to Chrominius; Howl -> Bite -> Surge of Power. Now Yu'la will lift off and finish Chrominius; send the Construct, use Fel Immolate + Lightning Storm and you win.

I could see that working pretty well, although I just use the aforementioned howlbomb just start with a Valk for CoD and then Unholy Ascension (25% damage increase) so its a quick 6 rounds and out. I'm not even sure if the UA is really needed, you could probably do it with just CoD which you can get from a few different pets.
    It works with all four, as long as you heal them up before you go to the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhory View Post
    I use a Feline Familiar to level my pets, Devour is just too good for it. Backup-Pet is an Anubisath Idol
    I use Panther Cub, strong and fast. Otherwise, Leveling pet | Anubisath Odol | Panther Cub is my leveling team.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Yu'la is super easy with Peddlefeet and S/S Bonkers. Open with Bonkers, Dodge the Liftoff, then tornado punch > jab, dodge as needed. Peddlefeet can stun into Shot to the Heart for some crazy good damage.
    *bro fist*