Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Alliance losing Strand of the Ancient EVERY TIME (EU)

What's up, Alliance. When did it all go wrong? I havn't won any of my 30 last Strand of the Ancients.
    We win mostly every other BG, but in SotA we stand no chance whatsoever!

Deleted
    I usually win SotA as alliance. So either it must be you not contributing at all for your team other than whining in the chat and causing poor morale in addition to having extremely bad luck, or you lost a couple SotA in a row and exaggerate. As long as I can't see your armoury, I will assume you're exaggerating.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've lost the majority of my BG's lately because of getting absolutely stomped by Horde with the censer buff farming bloody coins. I seem to either get some absolute badass team that rolls the Horde over like they're not even there or a team full of people that went out on the first question on Who Wants to be a Millionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I've lost the majority of my BG's lately because of getting absolutely stomped by Horde with the censer buff farming bloody coins. I seem to either get some absolute badass team that rolls the Horde over like they're not even there or a team full of people that went out on the first question on Who Wants to be a Millionaire.
    Same, it's rarely even. Either we kick ass or we get our asses kicked.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    What's up, Alliance. When did it all go wrong? I havn't won any of my 30 last Strand of the Ancients.
    Damn... in EU Ally wins most BGs?

US Alliance player here, and I can't remember the last time I won Strand of the Ancients or SSM. Those are both very Horde dominated, from what I've seen. I have a grand total of one win in SSM, and my Strand wins are all from previous expansions. I'm not sure what changed in Strand, but it used to be more even as far as faction wins. I have both blacklisted now.

Alliance have IoC. I occasionally go against Horde teams that get smart and send their entire team to take Docks, but they never bother to protect their Glaives (which are weak enough to almost die in a Bladestorm) when that happens, so we nuke their Glaives and still win. I did one the other day where the Horde took Docks and Alliance took Hangar, and we still won. I don't think I have been in a losing IoC this entire expansion. I imagine that most of the decent Hordies blacklist that one, so their teams in IoC are mostly just undergeared noobs/level 90 boosts and/or bots.

AV is usually pretty Alliance heavy too (and has been for about as long as I can remember), but for some reason, I've been hit or miss in it lately. It doesn't feel like a "oh shit, guaranteed win" moment when I see the AV loading screen anymore.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-07-18 at 02:30 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, I mostly win BGs I play. I wouldn't say that we lose every time. Play with a friend/s go solo one lane.

Always remember this, the one factor that is common in all bgs you play is you yourself. If you lose all the time it is your fault and your fault alone, dont blame the group or the faction, a fully pridefull, well played character can carry a whole bg on some maps and significantly higher your chances of victory overall (in every bg bar ioc, in alterac a geared player can make an enitre game as you usually cant take one of the two middle towers back on your own) . Obviously sometimes winning is impossible despite evrything you try (vs premade or you land with 10 300k health people) but those are the minority of cases.

So stop sucking, get gear and you will stop losing all the time. Its you, not everyone else.

Deleted
    Eots is worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    Always remember this, the one factor that is common in all bgs you play is you yourself. If you lose all the time it is your fault and your fault alone, dont blame the group or the faction, a fully pridefull, well played character can carry a whole bg on some maps and significantly higher your chances of victory overall (in every bg bar ioc, in alterac a geared player can make an enitre game as you usually cant take one of the two middle towers back on your own) . Obviously sometimes winning is impossible despite evrything you try (vs premade or you land with 10 300k health people) but those are the minority of cases.

So stop sucking, get gear and you will stop losing all the time. Its you, not everyone else.

Not sure if sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Same, it's rarely even. Either we kick ass or we get our asses kicked.
    This is what pisses me off in randoms... WHY not implement something similar to RBG matchmaking but that allows people to solo queue?

I guess blizz don't want to take from people the ability to roflstom others in randoms (which I get it, I like doing it sometimes). If they were to implement this it would force in a way people to be matched with similarly skilled/geared players and it could take out the fun of it...

Its just bad luck

Quote Originally Posted by GrayFrost View Post
    Its just bad luck
    Bad players -> bad luck.

My advice would be to find a good premade group, or make one yourself...I did this during Cata, and we usually dominated any BG we played. Towards the end of Cata Alliance was pretty dominant until people started losing interest. The others joining the BG will start to see that it's possible to do well, and sometimes it just comes down to positive thinking. Also, more winning eventually means the players get better gear, which means better chances to win.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've actually noticed this lately as well. I'm Horde, but the last 10+ matches I've played we've won easily. Alliance never breaches and we usually barrel right in. I think it's just a case of good/bad luck depending on your faction. I've lost them before, I actually use to really hate that bg but lately it has gone so well I really enjoy it. I'm sure by next week I will hate it again lol.

Deleted
    It's the same thing in every other bg except ioc and av, so I dunno why you picked up Sota in particular. That's just the way alliance rolls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    It's the same thing in every other bg except ioc and av, so I dunno why you picked up Sota in particular. That's just the way alliance rolls.
    I have Temple and the Mines bg taken off random as ally never win them or I do not enjoy the bg that much. I would like to take off strands as well, but it is not possible! So whenever I get entered for strands, I straight away leave the bg, and do something else in the deserter time.

It is kinda like how Ally almost always wins IOC or AC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    The answer is simple... Given your avatar, it's you....
    LOL

Other than that.. My toons stats are pretty balanced. Playing both sides, I win or lose that BG fairly equally
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

"We win mostly every other BG, but in SotA we stand no chance whatsoever!"

So you want to win everything and screw the hord?

Deleted
    I play both horde (mainly) and alliance BGs very frequently and overall Alliance just get stomped. Mainly because I think most new players gravitate to Alliance first. A lot of the alliance I encounter don't have gear half my alliance bg are players with 350k hp) ,not sure on bg tacs and a lot of bots (especially frost mages, someone probably wrote a very popular program for frost mages to bot because I see A LOT of these).

Also not just SOTA either this happens across the board except for AV and IOC. Don't know what happens to Alliance there but I would of thought the 2 biggest most co-ordinated BGs would be the hardest to win but it's just so strange Horde lose their minds in it. I guess all the best Alliance queue for AV? :S
    Last edited by mmoc79cd15b503; 2014-07-21 at 12:39 PM.

Deleted
    this is actually not true... i often win as alliance... either you're one of those raging in the chat instead of playing the game and making your team loose a party member, OR you're just mega unlucky!