Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Nope, that's not it. As long as you hear it, others in the house can hear as well.
    Your walls must have not been sound proofed well then.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    Thanks for replying back .

The only issue I have with the Blue Snowball that I read online is that if it is close to my keyboard and mouse, it will pick up that noise somewhat. Like for the distance, I see is that if I purchase the Snowball, it will have to be at least 40-50 cm away from my face diagonally towards my computer desk, while the keyboard and mouse will be probably less than 10 cm away or even 5 cm away, even though I have a keyboard/mouse tray thing that comes out of my computer desk.
    Oh, just for reference (if you might need it), here is the link to my desk that I got about an year ago:
    http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/office-s...Box=&addFacet=
    My desktop computer sits right on the right side and top of the desk to make sure the glass top does not have too much pressure.

The good thing about the ModMic 4.0 is that it won't pick up surrounding ambient noise and it has good noise-cancelling as well, which a desktop mic like the Blue Snowball would pick up.

The one thing that I am concerned about for the ModMic 4.0 is the magnet clasps... Would it hurt the ATH-M50x headphones' quality or anything like that? I didn't read anything related to that aspect of the ModMic 4.0, even though I have read on the Antlion website that it is safe to use on any headphone. But I am still concerned about it, nonetheless.

Also, the ATH-M50x, especially the blue and tan one, does not have that many reviews since it started getting sold to the public about a couple of months ago, and I think the same thing for the ModMic 4.0. Maybe that might be the reason why since there are not many reviews on them, there is less certainty on whether they are a good product or not... Maybe. That is just my opinion/theory on it. I personally like the detachable cables and having 3 of them. Also, the coiled one can help me with the wire of the ModMic 4.0, which I read online in related to the mic that the wire for it can easily be put through or inside the coiled cable of the headphones to reduce the cable clutter. It also helps that the detachable cables can be replaced if need be since they are, majority of the time, the 1st thing to go or have problems/become faulty.

EDIT: Also, for my purposes of making gaming videos for YouTube, the ModMic 4.0 should suffice for now, until I can get like a blue yeti or maybe the other expensive microphones in the future, right? As long as the ModMic 4.0 is better than the Plantronics Gamecome 780 mic, I would be satisfied (even though the sound quality on the Gamecom is good enough I think).
    Hey Mocha. Can you reply one more time to this please? =). Just going to go ahead in buying the stuff after you reply back again.

EDIT: This is the chair I use as well, just so you have an idea of the distance and all that:
    http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/20178865/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    Hey Mocha. Can you reply one more time to this please? =). Just going to go ahead in buying the stuff after you reply back again.

EDIT: This is the chair I use as well, just so you have an idea of the distance and all that:
    http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/20178865/
    It will pick up noises, but for general use it should be alright. If you position it to where it's not directly facing the keyboard it should pick up less noise.

The magnet on the mod mic won't hurt the sound quality.

The ModMic, for the eight time, will be good. The Blue Snowball would be better. It's your job to figure out how to isolate the SnowBall. If you can't figure it out, go with the ModMic.

Quote Originally Posted by M0cha View Post
    It will pick up noises, but for general use it should be alright. If you position it to where it's not directly facing the keyboard it should pick up less noise.

The magnet on the mod mic won't hurt the sound quality.

The ModMic, for the eight time, will be good. The Blue Snowball would be better. It's your job to figure out how to isolate the SnowBall. If you can't figure it out, go with the ModMic.
    Awesome. Thank you. I am going to go with the Blue Snowball iCE since the ModMic requires some extra shipping that I am not willing to pay for, lol. And I want to keep my headphones as portable as possible if need be.

- - - Updated - - -

Mocha, what is your opinion on this:
    http://www.samsontech.com/samson/products/microphones/usb-microphones/sounddeck-win/

I was researching some more in regards to the Snowball iCE and that people who have it have to get really close to it somewhat for it to pick up their voice so I decided to look into some other microphones (I am very indecisive, unfortunately).
    Anyway, when I came across that software, Samson Sound Deck, I thought that it could potentially be a great software in trying to reduce like fan noises, keyboard noises and mouse clicks if need be. The Samson Sound Deck Software paired with the Samson Go Mic could be an awesome combination... Or I might be blowing the benefits of it out of proportions... lol. What do you think though still? I just stumbled upon it just now.

Also, the Samson Go Mic has less of a "tinny" sound than the Snowball iCE (or so I have heard), which is a plus... AND it's cheaper than the Snowball. Also, regarding pop filters... Is it needed?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you need to make a purchase and settle on something. Clearly you have time before you decide to buy something, so if you're that worried about it, continue saving a little bit until you can get something a little higher end.

Well, I don't work so my budget kind of stays the same for a while but I do want to get a mic like within a month hopefully, give or take a few days.

Deleted
    can anyone reccomend a good headset for around £60 mark, going cheap!

i love the corsair ones i have right now but the sound fudges up unless the cable is in exactly the right position, so its not longer good to use them

main thing i will be using them for is listening to music, talking on skype, watching movies and playing games. not that worries about mic quality if i am honest.

Headset proper? Eugh, there's none that I can stand, really.
    I'd go with
    headphones: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Takstar-Mo...item3f34e307c4
    +
    microphone: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zalman-ZM-MI...zalman+zm-mic1

If you can live with that solution and want sound to sound as well as possible in the price range

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Headset proper? Eugh, there's none that I can stand, really.
    I'd go with
    headphones: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Takstar-Mo...item3f34e307c4
    +
    microphone: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zalman-ZM-MI...zalman+zm-mic1

If you can live with that solution and want sound to sound as well as possible in the price range

never really considered a seperate microhpone/headphones set up, i don't use my microphone all that much so it might be worth getting a good set of headphones and a cheap microphone.

can i ask why the dislike for headsets? inferior quality?

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    never really considered a seperate microhpone/headphones set up, i don't use my microphone all that much so it might be worth getting a good set of headphones and a cheap microphone.

can i ask why the dislike for headsets? inferior quality?
    Because headsets have increased production costs and difficulties, higher strain on the cables (they much more often break in headsets in headphones, but nothing is guaranteed). There is also a higher markup price on them. Headsets with good sound quality is just.. rare, you know? Because even for those who would normally want a solution like a headset, on the higher end, there are "better" solutions that headsets would not be able to compete with. Like a good desk-mounted mic with headphones.
    In the sound quality department, headphones is a much vaster and wider market, so there are good sounding ones able to be had for a lot of money and for little money. But also, a lot of poopy things as well. I'm not making much sense, but basically, there is a higher demand for good sounding headphones than there are headsets, because people who would want good sounding headsets often opt out of headsets.

Deleted
    Because headsets have increased production costs and difficulties, higher strain on the cables (they much more often break in headsets in headphones, but nothing is guaranteed). There is also a higher markup price on them. Headsets with good sound quality is just.. rare, you know? Because even for those who would normally want a solution like a headset, on the higher end, there are "better" solutions that headsets would not be able to compete with. Like a good desk-mounted mic with headphones.
    In the sound quality department, headphones is a much vaster and wider market, so there are good sounding ones able to be had for a lot of money and for little money. But also, a lot of poopy things as well. I'm not making much sense, but basically, there is a higher demand for good sounding headphones than there are headsets, because people who would want good sounding headsets often opt out of headsets.
    ah ok, thanks!

you have pretty much sold me on the idea

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Takstar-Port.../dp/B0062TV73M

thats the same pair right? a little cheaper than the ebay ones, and i dont have to set a paypal account!

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    ah ok, thanks!

you have pretty much sold me on the idea

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Takstar-Port.../dp/B0062TV73M

thats the same pair right? a little cheaper than the ebay ones, and i dont have to set a paypal account!
    Same ones, yeah. I searched amazon first, but they didn't show up for me there, so went ebay instead. Weird, that.

Deleted
    Same ones, yeah. I searched amazon first, but they didn't show up for me there, so went ebay instead. Weird, that.
    i just copy pasted the name from ebay into google and they came up :P

thanks for the quick replies by the way! gonna go with headphone and seperate mic set up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, I'm onto a fulltime work schedule so I'm putting some updates on hold right now. I still have every intention of finishing the Monitor section, since someone else did all the work for me. I just need to sit down and find some time when I'm not doing homework to do it. :<

Deleted
    Good Headphone/Mic combo for around £50, please don't involve the zalman for the mic, i've read really mixed reviews on that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheThirteenthWorstGamer View Post
    Good Headphone/Mic combo for around £50, please don't involve the zalman for the mic, i've read really mixed reviews on that
    I can record an audio selection with my Zalman and Samson Go Mic if you are so concerned about the audio disparity. Otherwise... If you can swing 50-60 Yurodollars, you can get a pretty nice setup.

Samson SR850 £30.68

Antlion ModMic 4.0 £25.68 (Converted from USD, no clue what the price is on the website for shipping and stuff.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M0cha View Post
    I can record an audio selection with my Zalman and Samson Go Mic if you are so concerned about the audio disparity. Otherwise... If you can swing 50-60 Yurodollars, you can get a pretty nice setup.

Samson SR850 £30.68

Antlion ModMic 4.0 £25.68 (Converted from USD, no clue what the price is on the website for shipping and stuff.)
    I care most about the sensitivity and the clip... some said it can record a whole room of sound and some said they had to hold it at their mouth... they completely contradict each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since M0cha asked:

Zowie FK1 as compared to the Steelseries Sensei:
    the good:
    the tracking is near perfect, way better than any laser mouse including the Sensei, the fact that its "driverless" is a plus, its not truly driverless since it still uses the USB HID driver, but there is no extra crap to install, dpi is set via a button on the bottom, you can choose between 400, 800, 1600 and 3200, while driverless is always good, Fenix' implementation is better, the build quality is excellent for a $60 mouse

the bad:
    the shape is just a little off compared to the Sensei, the FK1 always feels like its just about to slip out of my hand, and while im not a giant, i don't have small hands either, the smooth surface does not help curb this feeling, the back arch is a bit low and the body is a little narrower, there is no DPI adjustment in games, not even a mode switch, and the side buttons are a little small, they dont get in the way, but the ones on the Sensei are just better

overall:
    its a good mouse and if you buy it you won't regret it, the ambi shape makes it an obvious choice over the Rival, but if perfect linear tracking is not your thing, i'd suggest the Sensei Raw instead, the FK1 makes a great optical Sensei substitute, but misses the mark by just a tad, this is probably intentional as Steelseries likely has a patent or trademark on the Sensei shape, but a substitute is still a substitute, if i had to pick one to use for the rest of my life, it would be the Sensei

other thoughts:
    if Steelseries put the sensor from the Rival in the Sensei Wireless and make it driverless but still configureable, that would be game over, it would be the perfect mouse and everyone else could stop production on whatever they make

15+ Year Old Account
    Looking for a new headset or headphones+mic. Here are my criterias:

* Wireless (I broke 6+ headsets by leaving computer without taking it off)
    * Headset or just headphones + stationary mic.
    * No high pressure over the head like Logitech G35 that gave me PAIN.
    * Must have good sound when listening to music. (only 1 of all my headsets had that and it was a sennheiser).

Budget: Max 300 euro

10+ Year Old Account
    Still working on this, sorry for the lack of updates. Still taking suggestions for membrane keyboards.