Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Buffs: SP + Multistrike + Stam
    Gateway (40 yard range, 1.5min CD)
    + being super tanky: Priceless.

Deleted
    Healthstone is 50k now bwahaha. They are hilariously bad since they wont scale either.

Warlocks did need to be toned back quite a bit, but this is just silly. Why not, at worst, make the healthstones equal to healing potions, but free. Nice bonus, but no balance issue at all. Save the raid a few coins. Better would be to keep them as an independent heal, different from potions entirely. Managing individual heals like potions, healthstones, personal CDs and sometimes even bandages has long been one of the skill-checks in the game. Seems a shame to lose it.

I don't understand how they plan to make "Tonics" or Health Stones relevant for all of the first tier and past it. The healing they offer will become a joke as peoples health pools continue to scale upward drastically. And as far as I'm aware we're the one class without stackable raid utility and yet we get our only real utility (that a lock alt parked outside the zone can cast) nerfed to obscurity. I flat out don't understand what's going on any more.

Deleted
    So what you're saying is our raids won't be forced to take a warlock for Healthstones and ridiculous DPS? Fantastic.

Deleted
    Well, since those Potions will be made via First Aid instead of Alchemy, I'm at least happy that it will revive that dead profession. It is sad, that it comes at the expense of cutting down my raid utility though. On the other hand, I will have my raidspot anyway, so whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious View Post
    So what you're saying is our raids won't be forced to take a warlock for Healthstones and ridiculous DPS? Fantastic.
    If by "won't be forced" you mean "it would not make sense anymore to bring a warlock in your raid" then you are correct. Warlocks will get benched since they won't bring nor raid utility nor the dps that would grant them a raid spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is annoying from also a PvP standpoint -.-

Deleted
    At this point soulwell doesn't make much of an sense even to have. Maybe they could buff healthstones to be better than healing tonics and make it to warlock only. Not that we need more survivability, but it would be more useful like that than in current state.

So will it only be able to be used once per combat in pvp as well? That would severely gimp the dark regen healthstone macro most of us have grown accustomed too. Basically just leaving us with dark regen. Almost makes harvest life a viable alternative depending on how it's healing for on beta. Anyone have any numbers???

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidious View Post
    So will it only be able to be used once per combat in pvp as well? That would severely gimp the dark regen healthstone macro most of us have grown accustomed too. Basically just leaving us with dark regen. Almost makes harvest life a viable alternative depending on how it's healing for on beta. Anyone have any numbers???
    It'll reset out of combat. But considering our lack of getaway tools, I don't see how we can get rid of melee for long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidious View Post
    Anyone have any numbers???
    Going by reports from other pvpers, harvest life is actually healing for a ludicruous amount; the problem isn't the numbers, but melees interrupting. It's healing more than enough, BUT, you need to be able to channel it for it to be good.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Deleted
    Guess we might as well just use tonics (ohh look we got 2 more buttons we don't need, I guess EoK, enslave demon and underwater breathing won't be so lonelly now)

As for pvp can they use tonics/healthstones in arenas? I could see the healthstone there as an advantage specific for warlock comps (not that I care, I hate pvp)

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    Going by reports from other pvpers, harvest life is actually healing for a ludicruous amount; the problem isn't the numbers, but melees interrupting. It's healing more than enough, BUT, you need to be able to channel it for it to be good.
    Hence why, along with many other reasons, it will never be a viable alternative to our previous kiting and survivability tools as we've discussed before.

Calling it now: Healthstones completely removed in 7.0 to remove even more button bloat + nobody really uses them.

Deleted
    Why even have healthstones in the game at all if they are being rendered almost completely useless? Are they really going to be saved by the logic of "it's for people too poor to stack health potions"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazmina View Post
    Can someone with twitter ask Celeston why tonics and healthstones can't just be equal?

Essentially it would become like mage food, the perk of free potions but not mandatory to have a warlock.

Tonics would still be used in a situation where you don't have a lock.

With the current changes healthstones would only be used by locks and maybe in lfr. Considering how cheap tonics are there is no reason to not have them in anything above lfr in difficulty.
    Except mage food doesnt give you a buff. Its just as good as the crap you find on NPCs or from a vendor.
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    This is annoying from also a PvP standpoint -.-
    You have good taste

Quote Originally Posted by silver9172 View Post
    Except mage food doesnt give you a buff. Its just as good as the crap you find on NPCs or from a vendor.
    Are you implying healing tonics do?

To be honest, even if they make healthstones equal to healing tonics, that doesn't mean locks get some form of utility back. With healing pots going to first aid, and vendor price ingredients once the fishing-fanatics start pushing the prices down, at best it would be a quality of life improvement.

Healing tonics, unless healthstones are simply better, will still be the standard for raiding, because chances are you might not have a warlock in the raid.
    Last edited by Crisius; 2014-08-29 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    You have good taste
    OT: But why is he taking so long in getting the new story out. It's been a year and we have 3 issues?