10+ Year Old Account

WoD Ret Pally Secondary Stat Question

Hello fellow MMO-Champs,

Quick question, in WoD as Ret Pallys, I saw that our new go to secondary stat is going to be Mastery. But what I am concerned about is Sanctity of Battle. Is this passive going anywhere? I know right now its great, and is the reason we want all the Haste (40%). But haven't seen any info about it in WoD. Will Haste still be our second best secondary stat below Mastery? This whole new stat itemization is confsuing me lol. Any help is appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a bit early in tuning to tell how things are gonna be, the latest sims pointed at crit as our best dmg scaling stat(something u should take with a large pinch of salt) , with mastery not even doing to great at all.. nothing changes for haste, still the same great benefits, but it all comes down to wich stat will outscale the other at launch.. still time for things to change

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh ok, I figured I was still a little early, since beta numbers and tuning still look WAY off. I was just assuming mastery since we get that new 5% mastery passive. I was mainly wondering so I knew which gems to buy for my Garry loom lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought of that as well, str will always be our primary stat, I feel dumb now lol

10+ Year Old Account
    yea but its gonna be our strongest stat aswell by the looks in WoD, so it will be the stat to gem for

Deleted
    I really hope some of our accelerated gameplay is going to be kept in the beginning of WoD. Going back to full GCDs after all this time is going to feel extremely awkward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AMonkeyCourier View Post
    I really hope some of our accelerated gameplay is going to be kept in the beginning of WoD. Going back to full GCDs after all this time is going to feel extremely awkward.
    Agreed. I really like how ret feels at 40% haste. Very rarely will I have an open global, especially with 4p t16. Its really nice they are making that a passive, and combined with divine purpose is so fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtiria View Post
    Agreed. I really like how ret feels at 40% haste. Very rarely will I have an open global, especially with 4p t16. Its really nice they are making that a passive, and combined with divine purpose is so fun.
    they have changed divine purpose, it doesnt work for offensive spells anymore...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cnx77 View Post
    they have changed divine purpose, it doesnt work for offensive spells anymore...
    DP works just like on live. It's a tooltip mistake that hasn't been fixed yet on beta.

Deleted
    okay you´re right, i tested it on my own

Quote Originally Posted by Haaz View Post
    yea but its gonna be our strongest stat aswell by the looks in WoD, so it will be the stat to gem for
    I hope you're not referring to Strength here. The devs said months ago that only secondary stats can be gemmed for.

As far as what our stats will look like, that'll depend on the talent choices from the looks of it. There are different best stats with Seraphim/HA than there are for FV/DP. And IF Empowered Seals is ever viable (so far it's not looking like it will be, hence capital IF) then that would likely have different stats as well to get the most from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder