Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I really like Warlock and think it will be just as powerful come WoD. People are comparing WoD Warlock to MoP Warlock which is like comparing apples and oranges. Compare WoD Warlock to WoD content/classes and you will find that its fun and powerful!
    We're not only comparing it to the current status of things in regards to warlocks, but also to other classes as they currently are on the beta. On the beta there are no tangible benefits to choosing to bring a lock over something else like a mage. We bring absolutely nothing to the group at the moment other than dps. And if someone does that just as good, or better, than us, warlocks are completely irrelevant.

It was all planed, so what the class brings now is a 40 yard gateway once every 90sec for every one in the raid (up from being limited to 5 charges). Blizzard feel that this change is enough raid/party utility.

So safe to say it again: "Bring the player not the class!"

Last I checked, Gateway doesn't have any charges, it just spawns the gate without the spheres on top.

Don't know if it means that the only limitation for jumping now it's your CD on it, but it seems an entire raid can use it if they don't have the debuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Last I checked, Gateway doesn't have any charges, it just spawns the gate without the spheres on top.

Don't know if it means that the only limitation for jumping now it's your CD on it, but it seems an entire raid can use it if they don't have the debuff.
    Yep, no charges and it doesn't despawn either as it does on Live. The 90s cooldown and 40 yard range make it incredibly limited however.

A majority of the classes on beta don't feel as fun as they do in MoP. It's just the result of what they decided to do with all the pruning and removal of mobile casters. I think there is still time for them to fix locks so I'm not set on rerolling yet. I considered hunter again but they've been all over the place so I doubt it.

Not only are Warlocks much less fun but quite a bit of what I've done in Beta is less fun.

I'm concerned because when the Devs hear this they seem to NOT be concerned.

Player-"I don't like this"

Dev-"Yes you do."

The right thing to do if dissatisfied, is to stop playing WOW in protest ... but that obviously will not happen. So maybe I try something completely different like warrior, DK, or follow a similar line playing mage. Damn I really want a beta key to test by myself.
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Yeah, I'm shelving the lock for WoD until the 6.1/2 fixes come through. Aff and Destro play like they're stuck in the mud. Our mobility tools were always clunky (gateway / demonic circle), but we made up for it with solid casting mobility (KJC/SSwap/FF). Now we are back to straight up turret life with clunky/tethered mobility options. Not fun for me. No thanks.

Will main a Mage or Spriest at launch (clothie at heart regardless).

PS - Demo seems entirely playable, just not a fan of the spec. If you like the style, it is still 'fun' enough imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    We're not only comparing it to the current status of things in regards to warlocks, but also to other classes as they currently are on the beta. On the beta there are no tangible benefits to choosing to bring a lock over something else like a mage. We bring absolutely nothing to the group at the moment other than dps. And if someone does that just as good, or better, than us, warlocks are completely irrelevant.
    Welcome to how hunters were in MoP. I was considering leveling my 65 lock, but reading this stuff might not bother. After all, the hunter's already 90 and geared...

Unless Warlocks are utter garbage in terms of damage, as in not viable, re-rolling is not an option for me. I doubt that'll be the case.

I'm invested in the class to the point where I can never really get into anything else. I like my Priest, DK, Warrior, etc., but they just aren't a Warlock.

@pokeadott

Lolz, long time no see!

@Clevin

Hunters were well received on a lot of cores from my server (90% 10man) since they were like the universal completer with buffs and high mobility.
    25man might be another story though.

@Rethul Ur No

I'm the same. I think if warlock turns out to be really lackluster in comparison with other classes/specs, i'll just stop playing or at least raiding in WoW until further adjusts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Unless Warlocks are utter garbage in terms of damage, as in not viable, re-rolling is not an option for me. I doubt that'll be the case.

I'm invested in the class to the point where I can never really get into anything else. I like my Priest, DK, Warrior, etc., but they just aren't a Warlock.
    essentially this. I am a warlock through and through. The only class that will ever make it not my main is Demon Hunter. But, if a i am the lowest of lowest of dps (all 3 specs), then rogue it is

ugh, these threads.

Good lord people. stuff hasnt even been tuned yet. Weve been through worse and have seen worse in other betas. The sky is not falling, and we'll be fine...eventually.

In the immortal words of Douglas Adams...

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    A majority of the classes on beta don't feel as fun as they do in MoP. It's just the result of what they decided to do with all the pruning and removal of mobile casters. I think there is still time for them to fix locks so I'm not set on rerolling yet. I considered hunter again but they've been all over the place so I doubt it.
    They've said that there aren't going to be any more major design changes, just tweaks, so I'm pessimistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    @everton - in 10s hunters could bring useful buffs if they were OK with playing BM. In 25s, buffs are covered. That was the main complaint there and it's not good to see it here (that we only brought DPS). I'm kind of on the fence about what to play in WOD - could do the hunter, could level the lock to 90 before then and main him, could boost a mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post

That's exactly how I used to think, too. I've mained the same exact character through multiple faction and race changes since I first logged in the game in classic, but the way they drive the class through the mud and make us relearn it every expansion with no regard for fine-tuning is old. The buffing and nerfing with a sledgehammer is completely senseless and I have no idea why they just seem to half-ass warlocks in particular.

I'll probably still main my warlock in WoD as I always have, thanks to Demonology still being roughly the same as it always was (the level 100 talents give it some fun toys as well, too) but if Demo falls out of viability again then I'm high tailing it to another class. Class dedication won't stop me from enjoying the game.

I'm still not in the Beta but regardless of the changes I won't be rerolling (aka leveling one of my other 11 90's first). My biggest gripe with the changes that have been posted in the change to KJC, and that's not a warlock change, its a design change to all classes save hunters, so rerolling won't make a difference.

I was a lock when I had to farm shards nonstop. I was a lock before snapshotting. I was a lock when Demo gave a ridiculous buff. I was a lock when Destro had more dots than aff. I was a lock when they were insanely powerful and when they weren't. I was a lock when they were glass cannons on a turret and when they were better on movement than hunters. I'll be a lock until they're removed from the game.

Super subjective question is super subjective.

What they did to affliction is really not fun for me. Soulburn haunt shard cost feels excessive and improved soulfire has repeatedly proven an un-fun mechanic. I dislike what they did to soul swap as well.

destruction feels smoother with charred remains and aoe chaosbolts is fun. Movement feels horrible though since all you can cast is conflag, RoF, and SB.

Demonology feels a lot better than live for me since I don't have to worry about demos clunky dot snapshotting etc. For the most part its exactly the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    ugh, these threads.

Good lord people. stuff hasnt even been tuned yet. Weve been through worse and have seen worse in other betas. The sky is not falling, and we'll be fine...eventually.
    Damage hasn't been tuned yet. They're pretty set on spec tuning though. The ~button bloat~ removal was not good to us. Affliction is actually getting worse, and it was already bad enough when Mists ~redesigned~ it. I'm really not looking forward to it at all. At least Demo is still interesting I guess... hopefully the numbers pass will be good to it. No desire to play a stripped down mage aka Destro anymore.

So, one interesting spec that could become shit again damage wise (as it has been for quite a while) and two very boring specs that no longer require any brain power to play. The skill in playing will be utilizing Haunt on procs and havoc-ing Shadowburns (if it's not single target). Both are very easy to do, so the skill ceiling on warlocks in pve is dropping immensely while the skill floor is getting lowered too.

Considering "Fun" is a subjective term but I would say Yes. While I am considering going back to Moonkin as my main (was my old main prior to MoP) it has nothing to due with the direction of the class. Affliction is the only spec I am disappointed with entirely simply due to the lack of Soul Shard generation and them making us use SS's for Soul Swap, Haunt, and Empowered Haunt...it's just too much. Demo and Destro are more or less the same with minor differences here and there.