Built a new computer, no DVI signal after crash?

So heres the scoop, I was building a very low end basic home computer for a friend.
    The specs are as follows -
    :Gigabyte 210 ddr3-1gb GPU
    :ADATA USA Premier Pro SP600 64gb SSD
    :CPU Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66Ghz
    :Intel DG41RQ Intel G41 Socket 775 mATX Motherboard
    :Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 667 MHz RAM

Heres what I've tried to fix the problem:
    3 Different monitors, both DVI and VGA outputs on the GPU and the motherboard itself
    3 different sets of cables of both dvi and vga
    Removing the GPU and connecting only to the mobo
    Checked all the connectors and such (theres not many because its basic build)
    Fans work on both CPU and GPU
    I also tried removing one ram stick and leaving the other in.

Further details: I was able to boot up completely and install windows and start working on it. When I went to adjust the screen resoulution from like 800x600 to something higher the screen blacked and ever since i havent been able to get a signal.
    When I brought the desktop to my friend to try after building it i was able for a split second to get a signal and get the f10 bios stuff to come up before it lost signal again.

Ive checked all the parts for compatibility (using pc part picker) and as I said before, at one point it was completely working 100%

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

TLDR Installed windows, got onto the desktop, changed resolution, screen blacked, no DVI signal now.

- - - Updated - - -

I've also tried HDMI and that does not work either.
    Last edited by Rorillane; 2014-08-27 at 06:43 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you can get it to boot again, Download GPU and Motherboard specific drivers before you change the resolution.

If you can not get it to boot again you might have to test each component individually, are you getting any beeps on power up?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are under Windows 7, after the bios screen keep pressing F8 and boot into safe mode. Change the resolution in there to see if it will boot afterwards. Also when you tried HDMI and RGB did you make sure to change the monitor signal to that?