Thread: State of PvP

Deleted

State of PvP

Do people really like beating their keyboard for half an hour in arena or attacking the enemy healer(s) in battlegrounds for the entire match? I don't understand why healing is so good and damage low? It literaly feels like pvp are so slow atm and nothing happens.. I wanna be able to kill a healer if he makes misstakes! And a healer should not be able to heal through 3 people smashing their keys, like really?!?

Please bring back pvp as it was in tbc-wotlk. The problems i see now are:

1: To high resilience. Resi is a good stat to seperate Pve from Pvp, not to see those one shots happen in organized Pvp! Remove the base resilience.

2: To strong healing overall. I play both healing classes and dps, it's not fun being a godlike healer in a bg just shrugging of the dps made from 3 people casting/hiting their brains out, even less fun being 1 of the dps. The thrill and excitement from near death experiences are very small as a healer...

3: To low dps. Hence resilience or OP healers? Maybe both.

I like the game much more now a days with more classes , better graphics, new arenas and battlegrounds. The only thing i personaly dislike is how boring pvp feels .

Messy text i guess, but does anyone else feel the same? Please comment! Love y'll, peace.

Deleted
    Do you pay attention to WoD beta? They're fixing a lot of the problems in the next expansion:

- Healing numbers in general are fine but the power of smart-heals and instant cast heals are too strong (being fixed in WoD), a monk spamming spheres for example when hes pressured is retarded
    - Cooldown stacking is being reduced for most classes, rogues lose Shadow Blades for example, Enhancement damage is moved away from Ascendance, etc
    - DPS isn't too low. The difference between cooldown burst and sustained damage is the problem. Rogues for example do piss poor damage when not opening but when they do, they can drop any class in seconds
    - Don't know about resilience but the difference between PvE damage and PvP damage numbers are drastically reduced.

Yea many have stated healing ridiculousness. You can get around it, even as a solo dps, but if the healer is skilled and knows how to counter your best dps cds - or you as the dps don't know how to stun interrupt correctly it is heavily favored to the healers. Meaning when skill level is equal - the healer will usually win. They say they have fixed this in WoD. I don't believe it. Everytime they have "fixed" this kind of pvp behavior it was met with the saltiest of saltiest healer tears and Blizz will normally revert this quickly to healers rule pvp.

Speaking from a Rated BG/Arena point of view the only place where healers seem too hard to drop are in Heal/DPS v Heal/DPS 2v2. Everywhere else, focused swaps to healers (or anyone really) with cross CC usually do well in forcing CDs and eventually get a kill. A lot of the time it's less of train X until he dies, but switching from X to Y with burst and CC.

For example when a bunch of DPS are beating on a healer (say a Rsham) in a Rated BG for example, what is happening? He's got beacon from a freecasting Pala, and full blooms from a RDruid all the while kiting into a better position making him harder to connect on. Of course he is going to feel unkillable.

But what if the shaman is put into a stun when the druid gets feared and everyon swaps onto the paladin? If neither of the healers trinket, it's very possible for the Paladin to bubble right there or even be globalled. The same concept applies to healers in arena, you just have to set it up, not train mindlessly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by primoriscruor View Post
    Speaking from a Rated BG/Arena point of view the only place where healers seem too hard to drop are in Heal/DPS v Heal/DPS 2v2. Everywhere else, focused swaps to healers (or anyone really) with cross CC usually do well in forcing CDs and eventually get a kill. A lot of the time it's less of train X until he dies, but switching from X to Y with burst and CC.

For example when a bunch of DPS are beating on a healer (say a Rsham) in a Rated BG for example, what is happening? He's got beacon from a freecasting Pala, and full blooms from a RDruid all the while kiting into a better position making him harder to connect on. Of course he is going to feel unkillable.

But what if the shaman is put into a stun when the druid gets feared and everyon swaps onto the paladin? If neither of the healers trinket, it's very possible for the Paladin to bubble right there or even be globalled. The same concept applies to healers in arena, you just have to set it up, not train mindlessly.
    Super well stated, and I agree with you 100%
    - Healers aren't meant to be solo'ed btw.. why have a character that can just be bursted down within seconds by a dps that ALSO has tons of heals vs. a class that REALLY only has heals.. and EXTREMELY little dps (Talking like a HPAL VS. ARMSWARR)

so.. yeah WoD?