Deleted

Changes in Feral gameplay

Hey guys

So I reactivated my WoW subscription recently for the first time since WotLK and really enjoy the game again while leveling a Monk right now.

However, I am not sure which class to play in the upcoming expansion.

I really loved my Feral Druid in WotLK for its great utility. Not only for the challenging rotation or priority list - if your tank died you’ve been able to resurrect him, go to bear, burn your defensive cooldowns, taunt the boss and tank it for quite a time until your tank is healed up and can take over again, afterwards you throw your innervate on a healer to restore their burned mana and go kitten again. I really loved these situations when you could feel REALLY important for the group when things go wrong.. and man, things go wrong so often. I also loved the ability to support group healing in dire situations, I think there was a talent giving you healing spellpower based on your agility. These things diversified the game in such a great way.

Now things have changed quite a bit and I don’t expect everything to be the same, however I wonder if you still got this unique hybrid-feeling when playing a cat and do really usefull stuff for your group beside just providing damage?

Thanks for your comments and have a nice day everybody

Everything you listed is even more doable than before except we no longer have innervate.

Deleted
    Emergency tanking is far more problematic now, especially in WoD. You will need to have HotW as a talent and even then you may struggle - having only 2 or 3 abilities for bear form sucks :-/

Faerie Fire, Mangle, Thrash, Frenzied Regen, Growl is a full rounded set of tank abilities. You will be able to hold threat with that.

With SI in its current state, you could probably tank with just that going in a pinch. Feral spot-tanking is stronger in WoD than in MoP.

Survival instincts went back to 50% a while back, so it's no better than live (except in frequency).

bear and cat are 2 different spec so feral tanking are not exist anymore outside of 30 sec cd of Heart of the Wild talent,
    bear rotation is changed abit, but cats still looks almost the same from wotlk times

Rogues will be able to tank much better than Ferals in WoD so you can pretty much give up on that. You can heal in WoD but it will be far different than WotLK. In Lich King you could heal great for a short period of time with a weapon swap. In WoD you can heal semi-decent for a long period of time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hullaballoonatic View Post
    Faerie Fire, Mangle, Thrash, Frenzied Regen, Growl is a full rounded set of tank abilities. You will be able to hold threat with that.

With SI in its current state, you could probably tank with just that going in a pinch. Feral spot-tanking is stronger in WoD than in MoP.
    He said last played in Wotlk. Feral spot-tanking is considerably worse in WoD than it was in Wotlk due to the spec split.