Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Why have you and everyone else decided he's "creepy"?

10+ Year Old Account
    First, did you hear the janitor himself say so? No? Then it was just hearsay and the one who told you about the janitor bitching might've pulled it out of his rear end in the first place. However, even assuming that the janitor was bitching about it, his bitching is now indeed justified.
    Also, are you the only one doing the job? Are there others who do the same job, but are less messy? Was there a way you could've, with a tiny bit of effort, avoided being so messy in the first place?
    I worked many years in the cleaning industry, and I know from experience that there are indeed people who don't have any qualms making it harder for a janitor just to make it easier for them. I mean, yes, it's our job to clean it, but on the other hand, I'm not paying my grocery bill with pennies (after all it's the cashiers job to count the money) or let my dog sh*t on the sidewalk (hey, it's the maintenance guys job to clean up outside).

But yeah, the janitor was a prick by complaining about you making the messes intentionally to someone else, but you were an equal prick by starting to do it once you heard about him complaining.
    "Reality: The refuge of those who fail in RPGs"
    ~Though this be madness, yet there is method in't~

7+ Year Old Account
    My step father was a janitor, and they work hard. Clean the bathroom the night before school? That shit is dirty before 1st period. I have seen him clean them and they are spotless before. You will NEVER understand what they put up with until you have to see one clean feces from the floor beside the toilet because someone decided using the toilet was too mainstream.

You are a douche though, be a man and confront him, present your side and see if you compromise.

No OP you are not. You are providing said "creeper janitor" with job security.

I think if you have to ask, then you obviously think you are a bad person, so there is probably something to it.

Think of it like this: if someone else thinks you're bad, they may have an agenda or may not have the context or whatever. But if YOU think it....then yeah you probably are being a dick.

In this case, yes. You are intentionally going out of your way to make someone else's day harder for no reason.

Deleted
    There was a time when person had to clean the mess he made. Then the janitor would do the final cleaning after the school day was over.

Yeah, try talking to him.

I can't count the times when I should've talked to people, I remained quite and the situation steadily deteriorated. Just say 'sorry I made a mess' and see what he says.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

It doesn't necessarily make you a bad person, it makes you a dick. Nothing wrong with being a dick once in a while. I think it's a fair conclusion that what you're doing isn't right, but does being a dick make you a bad person? Not necessarily.

No, you are not bad; you just cant be bothered to exert the required effort to be more than neutral; you lack the Will to make the hard choice that wounds our Pride.

In essence: you are a Human Being.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitvem View Post
    For some time at my job there is a janitor that is a creeper and isn't well liked. Throughout my day my work can get messy and sometimes it gets on the floor which he is responsible for cleaning. I'm not sure how long its been going on but I recently learned that he accuses me of making the floor dirty intentionally and many other things. Is it bad that since I found out he's been accusing me of making messes intentionally I go out of my way sometimes to make messes knowing he will have to clean them up if he even decides to do his job in the first place?
    Yes..yes you are a bad person and the people who say otherwise are grossly mistaken. As a society we've allowed ourselves to compromise our ethical and moral principles to such a degree that we're actually asking one another if deliberately making someone else's job harder makes us bad because we don't like them. Yes that does make the person who did it bad. It might be on the lower scale of things, but it still makes you a bad person and an awful human being.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

It doesn't make you a bad person. Or any kind of person really. It's just one reaction to a specific event. Hardly life-revealing material.

Still, you can tell on your own that you are wrong in your behaviour. His doesn't matter in this regard; unless you are in kindergarten, or behave similarly. What he does wrong is his fault; what you do wrong is yours.

So, since you can, don't make his life harder. Even better, talk to him, calmly and politely, and inform him about the necessities of your work. Do the adult/right thing.

What kind of work do you do? Most jobs you are responsible for the cleanliness of your workstation, I am curious what job makes such a mess that a janitor is required to clean it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bayushisan View Post
    Yes..yes you are a bad person and the people who say otherwise are grossly mistaken. As a society we've allowed ourselves to compromise our ethical and moral principles to such a degree that we're actually asking one another if deliberately making someone else's job harder makes us bad because we don't like them. Yes that does make the person who did it bad. It might be on the lower scale of things, but it still makes you a bad person and an awful human being.
    If this were true, everyone would be a bad person. You cannot derive important information about someone based on one thing they do. It can be indicative of certain personality traits, but not necessarily tell a whole lot by itself.

You're immature and should be approaching the situation like an actual adult. Have you actually spoken to the guy or are you simply working with rumours and gossip in order to portray him as some sort of villain? Making his job intentionally harder is just spiteful. How would you like it if somebody did that to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkzat View Post
    If this were true, everyone would be a bad person. You cannot derive important information about someone based on one thing they do. It can be indicative of certain personality traits, but not necessarily tell a whole lot by itself.
    If he had deliberately made the janitor's job harder after the fact harder once, then no, he wouldn't necessarily be a bad person. It's that he keeps doing it that makes him a bad person. It's that he keeps crossing that ethical line and has no guilt in doing so. We have to be willing to name this stuff as it is and call it as it is instead of mollycoddling it like we have since the 1970;s.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    For some time at my job there is a janitor that is a creeper and isn't well liked. Throughout my day my work can get messy and sometimes it gets on the floor which he is responsible for cleaning. I'm not sure how long its been going on but I recently learned that he accuses me of making the floor dirty intentionally and many other things. Is it bad that since I found out he's been accusing me of making messes intentionally I go out of my way sometimes to make messes knowing he will have to clean them up if he even decides to do his job in the first place?
    Yes, it is pretty bad.

You should approach him like an adult instead. No need for sparks among employees, you're all in the same company.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bayushisan View Post
    If he had deliberately made the janitor's job harder after the fact harder once, then no, he wouldn't necessarily be a bad person. It's that he keeps doing it that makes him a bad person. It's that he keeps crossing that ethical line and has no guilt in doing so. We have to be willing to name this stuff as it is and call it as it is instead of mollycoddling it like we have since the 1970;s.
    This "stuff" is called as it is. It's a bad thing to do. Yet the very fact that he made this thread suggests that he has thought about the matter, and might change for the better. This is one bad thing he does, and we do not know enough about his person from this one thing. We distinguish between a good and bad person based on many traits and deeds than one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't make you a bad person, but this particular part of you is pretty bad, yeah. You're making some strangers life more difficult for your own enjoyment. Stop it.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

So instead of talking to him like an adult you act like a kid and prove him right.

Yes you are a bad person. (as in a douchebag)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Why should I?

He's obviously bitching enough about it that it's somehow made it's way to me. Like, I'm just sitting here doing my thing and then one day someone tells me that the janitor thinks I'm an asshole that makes messes just to make his job harder.

I mean, when it's that easy to make their lies the truth and has no repercussions for me, hell yeah, I will take full advantage of that shit and rub it in their face.

I don't care if it makes me a bad person or childish; I don't respect the bitchmade. If you've got a problem with me, then say something. Wanna make up lies about me? Watch me sit here and pretend I give a fuck.

Because that is what adults do. Kids throw a tantrum and makes things worse, like what you are doing now.
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2014-08-29 at 03:00 PM.

Doing it intentionally; You're an asshole.

Doing it by mistake;
    You're a messy fool.