Poll: Eggman or Robotnik?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I always thought "Eggman" was a derogatory statement Sonic refers to him as - like Stinkhead or Numbnuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eggman sounds like something you'd expect in an anime cartoon as something to be taken seriously. It has that ring to it in japan, silly characters actually wanting silly names.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Robotnik forever. Eggman is fine as an insult thrown by the characters and I could see him adopting it as a nickname at times, but Robotnik should have always been his official name. Japan/Sonic Team adopted Sonic's lust for chili dogs as being officially apart of his character and I am hoping some day they go back and do the same with the good doctors outside-Japan name.

I also prefer the old design of the character as opposed to the one they introduced in Adventure.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2014-09-02 at 02:06 AM.

Eggman.. cause Sonic Adventure 2 called him that <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Eggman.

Tails' real name is Miles, but we call him Tails. Similarly, Eggman is just his affectionate nickname.

Grew up with Robotnik, but.. still just feels more right to call him by the nickname. xD
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

It will always be Robotnik to me!

both. his name is dr. Ivo Robotnik. His "villain name" is Doctor Eggman.

I mean, doc ock is both Otto Octavius and Doctor Octopus, isn't he? (well, at least he was before dying, becoming spider-man and than dying again lol)

EDIT: I call him Eggman, though, in order to avoid mixing him up with his grandfather, Doctor Gerald Robotnik, who created Shadow and the BioLizard.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.