Thread: TellMeWhen help

Deleted

TellMeWhen help

I'm struggling to create a particular notification for TMW with my Paladin, so I've come to you guys hopefully for some assistance

I'm looking to create a button to track and display when my ret 4 pcs set bonus activates (gives free Divine Strom at 50% more damage). The spell name is Divine Crusader I think, but for the life of me I can't make it display properly. At the moment with my current ui setup, it's difficult to track when it procs, hence why I want to add a dedicated alert for it.

Note - I'm using a shift macro to swap between TV and DS, and the proc only shows if I hold shift currently, which in single target fights like IJ doesn't ever happen Hence the need for the above config

Deleted
    Question: why do you have a shift macro to such a crux spell? I know its more of a personal thing but intuitively, your spells that you use frequently especially single-target abilities and short cooldowns should always be easy to use (even AoE since the situation demands it).

Set your primary damaging abilities to the following keys 1-6 G T R X F Z. If you can get more like Q E C then even better. If you have a mouse that has extra buttons, use them as well. My point is that using a shift macro to swap should only really be used for abilities like stance shifting or swapping permanent buffs like inner fire and inner will. In PvP, the use of shift swap can be extended to focus and tarena macros, they shouldn't be used for main abilities. Modifiers should be used primarily for long cooldowns, utility, defense and CC.

It's one thing to be a keybinder but you need to apply logic and intuition to your keybinds in order to maximise their benefit. Having judgement on shift+5 isn't particularly good for example and the same applies to the shift macro. Change your DS to a keybind like 5 or middle mouse especially if its a spell you use frequently as a result of the set bonus. You might struggle at first but you will adapt and you will react much quicker.

Unfortunately, I don't have a max pala with that set bonus but I can give you something to try. This should work if when it procs, a buff is given to you.

1. Enable and select buff/debuff
    2. Type in Divine Crusader and select the spell on the right window pane. Make sure you click on it.
    3. Units to Watch set to player (usually default but double check)
    4. Enable show timer and show timer next
    5. Make sure Only cast by me is enabled
    6. Enable and set Any present to 100%

This should work without needing to change keybinds but make an effort to change them.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2014-08-31 at 08:25 PM.