Which spec for a newly boosted 90?

Hello!

My name is Takeshiren and I'm planning on joining the rogues of the game And I just wondered if anyone could give me quick tips and some spec advise for my new rogue!

Thanks!

Takeshiren

Deleted
    I think most people will say Assassination, it's probably the simplest one to get to grips with, and probably has the highest single target dps of the three specs. I used Icy Veins when it came to choosing which spec to go for, after reading up on the rotation and priority of all 3 specs, I decided assassination was the one that I would get the most out of.

Some people will say to go combat though, for the AOE benefits, so it's just down to choice. And whether you prefer your rogue to be using daggers or swords :P

Be warned though, if you were as unlucky as me, it can take forever to replace your green 483 weapons, and they play a huge part in your dps. Eventually I had to pool honor and buy the 522 pvp daggers because nothing was dropping in SoO for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Baroc View Post
    I think most people will say Assassination, it's probably the simplest one to get to grips with, and probably has the highest single target dps of the three specs. I used Icy Veins when it came to choosing which spec to go for, after reading up on the rotation and priority of all 3 specs, I decided assassination was the one that I would get the most out of.

Some people will say to go combat though, for the AOE benefits, so it's just down to choice. And whether you prefer your rogue to be using daggers or swords :P

Be warned though, if you were as unlucky as me, it can take forever to replace your green 483 weapons, and they play a huge part in your dps. Eventually I had to pool honor and buy the 522 pvp daggers because nothing was dropping in SoO for me.
    Oh gosh, the dreaded SoO runs again! I just got to the point where I don't even need to do flex and LFR just haunts me! But why did you go for assassination? Did it just seem the easiest in general? Is Assass the dagger one? I'm full noob when it comes to specs in rogue

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Takeshiren View Post
    Oh gosh, the dreaded SoO runs again! I just got to the point where I don't even need to do flex and LFR just haunts me! But why did you go for assassination? Did it just seem the easiest in general? Is Assass the dagger one? I'm full noob when it comes to specs in rogue
    Assassination is the daggers one, with the cool mutilate animation. Yes it did see the easiest compared to the other 2 specs. I've enjoyed gearing him up and playing him. I was apprehensive at first because how little rogues are played nowadays and how often people say that it's the least fun class in the game, but I'm enoying myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroc View Post

I think combat is as simple (if not more) then assasination. To OP: chose the one which you find the most enjoyable. This game is about having fun after all.

I enjoy combat and assassination.. But when ur just starting out assassination is better imo combat feels slow until u get some decent gear like the AoC and some haste gear.. Make sure that you have combat as your loot spec otherwise you will miss out on weapons
    Kaltra - Vengeance DH Illidan

Assasination will be better til you get some more gear (especially Assurance of Consequence - http://www.wowhead.com/item=102292) then combat starts getting better, both are viable, but combat is better at higher ilvls.

In essence, it doesn't really matter what spec you play if its at the boosted ilvl, so whichever want you feel like playing. Personally, I'd say assassination just feels really comfortable to play with lower item levels, and as you gear up gradually start switching to combat, especially for cleave fights, as its got much more cleave potential than assassination does.

The skill cap for Combat is actually higher will less good gear, because you have to time your abilities more to line up with insight. At better gear however, especially if you gem pure haste, Combat is as spammy and horrible to play as ever.

Sub is fun to play but (unlike in Cata) you do not do more damage than the other specs and so the additional complexity is not rewarded.

Assassination has the lowest skill cap but still does good damage, especially at lower gear levels. You won't do as much as Combat on cleave fights, but you can still multi-dot and do respectable damage. You will lag behind other class until <35%, when you can blow cds with pots and trinkets and more than catch up. It is also great fun to play.

the lowest skillfloor is assassination. I hate to admit because thats my favorite spec but its true especially now because SND will be passive at 100.