Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    1: Mayor should be impeached for this.
    2: Freedom of Speech does in fact protect you from being forced to speak, and any public meeting is also protected, anyone can attend, effectively he broke both of these laws.
    3: Our troops overseas are not "Fighting for our Safety!" U.S invading the middle east has actually enraged that area of the world and dramatically increased the likely hood of attacks against americans worldwide, as Al'Qaeda stated, they conducted 9/11 because we where in the middle east occupying their lands, makes me think, if we weren't screwing off in the middle east, would 9/11 ever have happened?
    4: Seeing how our police force is now heavily, military armed and trained, and how we are having citizens "removed" for not pledging their allegiance to a country that is increasingly infringing on its most important and basic constitutional laws, a president who has kept more documents secret than any before him in history, I have a bad feeling, a very bad one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    And yes, it's Florida.
    You know what that means! THANKS FLORIDA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    a president who has kept more documents secret than any before him in history, I have a bad feeling, a very bad one.
    The rest of your post I agree with, this stuck out. If they are secret, how can you know how many there are?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    The rest of your post I agree with, this stuck out. If they are secret, how can you know how many there are?
    He didn't release his kindergarden certificate of completion!!!!!
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    A small village voted for a dog to be mayor, and becoming a judge is as easy as filling out a multiple choice quiz in some areas. So..yeah.
    If anyone thinks Pendulous is kidding about the dog thing... Yeah...

Gotta love my country sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    You know what that means! THANKS FLORIDA!
    You're welcome. I hate my state just as much as you do
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Florida, huh? Why do I get the feeling this is where people try the craziest shit they can to see if they'd get away with it?

Ofc, TX isn't too different when it comes to these things. :/
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Mayor orders police to remove man who wouldn't stand for Pledge of Allegiance

And yes, it's Florida.

Maybe we should just change the Constitution to: "If you don't like it, then you can get out!"
    It would make things so much simpler.
    Something like this happened to me when I was 14 and in 8th grade. I refused to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance (Not sure why to be honest :x) and I got suspended for 3 days.. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    Florida, huh? Why do I get the feeling this is where people try the craziest shit they can to see if they'd get away with it?

Ofc, TX isn't too different when it comes to these things. :/
    Because it's got a ton of illegals, old people (e.g., people who don't give a fuck), and really, really, stupid people, some of them being a combination of all three.

I live down here; I should know.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Something like this happened to me when I was 14 and in 8th grade. I refused to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance (Not sure why to be honest :x) and I got suspended for 3 days.. :x
    If they have that on record, you should sue the school

I remember making fun of the PoA when I was a kid, but who the fuck didn't? I also skipped going to morning prayer multiple times (was in private school for awhile and we would do religious stuff every morning) because it was so long and boring (wouldn't be surprised if that pushed me off of religion, haha) and even got in trouble multiple times for it. Kinda wish I had known my rights and I should have sued
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2014-09-01 at 03:58 AM.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Because it's got a ton of illegals, old people (e.g., people who don't give a fuck), and really, really, stupid people, some of them being a combination of all three.

I live down here; I should know.
    On the bright side, you get front row seats to the show!

On the bright side, you get front row seats to the show!
    Front row seats to a disgusting couple, drunk off their asses, beating jellyfish on the beach, getting stung by them, and the woman losing her top for a good 20 minutes? I think I'm good.

PS: Yes, this actually happened, but I didn't see it. I was sent a veeeeery long text by a family member after it occurred.

But but but... our troops! Overseas! Disrespecting! Rationality out window!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Front row seats to a disgusting couple, drunk off their asses, beating jellyfish on the beach, getting stung by them, and the woman losing her top for a good 20 minutes? I think I'm good.

PS: Yes, this actually happened, but I didn't see it. I was sent a veeeeery long text by a family member after it occurred.
    ....wow....you have my condolences. Q_Q

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    But but but... our troops! Overseas! Disrespecting! Rationality out window!
    Reminds me of that episode of Family Guy where Lois runs for mayor: "9/11." *everyone gasps* "9..." *gasp!* "11" *cheers*

....wow....you have my condolences. Q_Q
    Yup. What kind of fucking lowlives beat up jellyfish, let alone go to the beach while drunk? Floridians.

Been here 5 years, can't wait to get out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I think they meant this one.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    I think they meant this one.

I think they're both relevant to the thread lol
    Putin khuliyo

as i said on another forum, while i dont think it was right to arrest the guy .. i do think its absurd to be so stuck on urself u can't stand out of respect for someone's beliefs let alone the country... Don't like Religion fine who cares.... asked to stand for a prayer do it out of respect for the person and just stand silently for a minute it won't kill you I promise. i've stood for prayers from religions I don't follow its no big deal...

As a vet the pledge part pisses me off, its your "right" i guess but its a damn shame you are that stuck on your self and I do see it as an insult to myself and everyone else that ever wore the uniform so you could have that right...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I think you guys might be looking at this example thru rose-tinted glasses ... the guy behind the camera is obviously being a dickhead. He's at some meeting... with his video running and playing Devil's advocate with the prayers and the allegiance. A dickhead's a dickhead -- him hiding behind his right to freedom of religion and speech means very little for me, its that he's being a dick which is where he should be removed.

Yes, he "does" have the Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Religion and the right to not be involved with either of them ... common sense, on the other hand, knows a dickhead when it see's one. :P

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    As a vet the pledge part pisses me off, its your "right" i guess but its a damn shame you are that stuck on your self and I do see it as an insult to myself and everyone else that ever wore the uniform so you could have that right...
    *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Zvinny View Post
    As one of the American troops he feels this man was disrespecting, I find his disrespect of a mans freedom to not say the pledge quite disrespectful.
    This guy gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I have to admit, I find it really disturbing that public governmental meetings like this start with a prayer.
    No kidding! My state had a secular opening given and the next meeting another rep claimed the prior meeting never happened then gave two religious spiels to try to make up for the previous week. GG Arizona nutjobs.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    Seems there's atleast one or two other vets in this thread who disagree.

I think you guys might be looking at this example thru rose-tinted glasses ... the guy behind the camera is obviously being a dickhead. He's at some meeting... with his video running and playing Devil's advocate with the prayers and the allegiance.
    Maybe he has a camera so that he can document evidence of a behavior he has noticed before? How can he film that evidence if he does what he's told?
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2014-09-01 at 04:24 AM.