Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    because EVERYONE uses Raptr and XFire...
    Bad counterargument is bad.

Not everyone has to use those services for their numbers to be meaningful.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    "Not everyone took that survey, it's not meaningful!"

Granted, services like XFire, Raptr, Twitch, etc aren't quite the same as a random survey, but they still represent a cross-section of the gaming populace. If a game is showing SIGNIFICANTLY lower numbers than other games, it's certainly indicative of a difference in the player base/acitivty/etc.
    Yup. And in the past, when Xfire/Raptr showed a game to be declining, subsequent events showed the game really had been declining.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Yup. And in the past, when Xfire/Raptr showed a game to be declining, subsequent events showed the game really had been declining.
    Yup.

When you have 7 streamers and 39 viewers for your game...
    http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/WildStar

It's a bit telling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still playing ESO and it only seems to get better and better.

Re: Wildstar

It is not solo player friendly, that's the end of story for me. The questing -- which is typically the bulk of an MMO's solo content -- was so poorly done I wanted to quit by level 10. I never made it to 50, but it seems that's just as well since there's nothing awaiting solo players except dailies.

It's a shame because the dev speak videos make the game look amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardkorr View Post
    I am legitimately confused why there is all this hate for ESO. Frankly, I fucking love it.
    Same.

It seems like people are just bashing on ESO because it isn't WoW, neither in subs or in gameplay.
    Even less than that, it's just the 'cool' thing to do.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    Yup.

When you have 7 streamers and 39 viewers for your game...
    http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/WildStar

It's a bit telling.
    Twitch is a terrible metric to measure the amount of people playing a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    The simple fact is that Wildstar took the worst parts of Classic and tried to build a game around them. They had so many other good ideas, but they were squandered by their lust for 40 mans with 3 week attunements. No body looks back at that part of classic favorably.

I am a person who heavily invests time into both Live and Classic WoW, and ALWAYS encourage friends to come over and play whenever they make comments about how much better the game was back then. Even on the 12x feenix realm, they never make it to max level, and even when I boost them there, they rarely show any initiative to find groups or get mc attuned.

The gaming culture just doesn't embrace that type of slow play any more.
    People want to do challenging content asap. No one wants artificial difficulty such as that to be able to enter something that may not even be that difficult. How long does it actually take people to clear the raids in Wildstar the first time they were available?
    It took longer then 2 weeks?
    If not, then it just shows how much of a backfire something that convoluted is for a video game.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

10+ Year Old Account
    Think people are weee bit overrating what Archeage is, but you'll see once you played it for a while
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Deleted
    Anyone playing Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn who could tell me if it's any good? Ratings seem decent, but that doesn't have to mean much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Stalin View Post
    Anyone playing Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn who could tell me if it's any good? Ratings seem decent, but that doesn't have to mean much.
    It's a good game now. I don't really play much anymore since my friends don't, but overall, it's worth a go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Solid game with a huge pile of small issues that kind of ruined the experience for me, at launch. I don't know how it is now, after a couple of content patches. I'd consider giving it another shot, but Square-Enix's account management system left a fuck of a lot to be desired :-/
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    If you want to know what happened to them, enter this into your chat window in wow:

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\creature\\Festergut\\IC_Festergut_Slay02.wav")

Quote Originally Posted by Texaswarrior View Post
    If you want to know what happened to them, enter this into your chat window in wow:

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\creature\\Festergut\\IC_Festergut_Slay02.wav")
    what if I don't play wow?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    what if I don't play wow?
    Resub dooze, what could possibly go wrong. I know how much you're diggin MMOs right now.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I think, if a 10 y/o game today has a few times more subscribers than any other MMO, then something is wrong with modern MMOs. And yes, not being able to "beat" some very popular game is not failure, but not being able to "beat" 10 y/o game - that's quite a failure in my book.
    If WoW was exactly the same game that it was 10 years ago you would have a point. Since it's not, you're wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew that ESO would not be for me, received plenty of beta invites during the closed sessions and never even downloaded the game.

Wildstar is a different story, but Im not even mad about the way things are turning out and have even since left the game. I honestly loved playing Wildstar, but there were some serious issues that began to crop up that became a deal breaker, Ill try and make it short and to the point.

- First it started off when they nerfed XP gain in dungeons during beta. At launch if you wanted to level in any realistic amount of time (realistic to me is 1 month to cap, not speed leveling) you were forced to stick with questing. You could queue for a dungeon, wait out the queue time, spend 2.5 hours and actually clear the dungeon for the same amount of XP you'd get for questing for half an hour.

- Because I spent so much time questing, by the time I hit cap I did not want to touch another quest. This put a big strain on trying to do attunement and get yourself some decent 50 gear to do Heroic Adventures to begin gearing up for Heroic Dungeons. So basically I had to start doing all over the same thing Id been doing for a month, but now with less diversity.

- I love PvP and PvP was actually the big draw for me and the awesome combat system. I figured well I dont want to quest for a bit so Ill PvP for a couple weeks until Im willing to quest again. But since I did not hit cap in the first week to 2 weeks, I was not there to take advantage of the win trading and get full 1800. So what this left me with was being steamrolled over and over. The steam rolling happening in Wildstar BG's is not like getting steam rolled in WoW before you get any resilience gear (I know resilience is no longer a thing, just using the example) that gets better as you start to get gear with resilience. The 1800 gear is so much better than the lvl 50 PvP blues you got with the PvP currency in Wildstar that by the time I had the full set which took weeks of being steamrolled, I was no more powerful against 1800s than if I were naked.

- So this left me with broken PvP or going back to grinding quests for PvE which just wasn't worth my $15 a month. I decided to come back to WoW after a 1.5 year break and honestly I am very happy with my decision and I wish Wildstar all the best of luck. One thing I can say I've learned is my definition of "hardcore" is not the same as Carbines.
    Last edited by philefluxx; 2014-09-02 at 06:45 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Re: Wildstar

It is not solo player friendly, that's the end of story for me. The questing -- which is typically the bulk of an MMO's solo content -- was so poorly done I wanted to quit by level 10. I never made it to 50, but it seems that's just as well since there's nothing awaiting solo players except dailies.

It's a shame because the dev speak videos make the game look amazing.

Same.

Even less than that, it's just the 'cool' thing to do.
    Took me a whole 20 mins before I deleted ESO......what a waste of cash for me, live and learn....skyrim forever

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Resub dooze, what could possibly go wrong. I know how much you're diggin MMOs right now.
    heh, yeah....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I'm playing ESO and loving it!
    Haha! I am as well!

I should make it my signature so the whole forum knows!

It is casual friendly.

If you are new to the dungeon, everyone gets extra rewards.
    People are willing to help newbs this way.