Page 1 of 22
... LastLast
    Deleted

Vladimir Putin: 'I Can Take Kiev In Two Weeks If I Want'

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014...p_ref=uk&ir=UK

Seriously the guy is off his rocker

Deleted
    He probably could, but boasting about it will do him no favours.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Cold war Round 2... Cheers to a future of more fucked up socially accepted beliefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...is that a lie? I mean the question asked of him, from a garbled google translate of the source of the click bait title of that article, was basically "Why are you attacking Ukraine!" and he said he was not, and that line that you have as your title.

And he/Russia probably could, quite easily. He was trying to say "IF I were attacking, we would have won by now" just in a round about way. At least thats what I got from it :P

- - - Updated - - -

I mean just read the source of the clearly biased article you linked. He was asked a question, hounded about it, and replied with that.
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Why would a world leader boast a claim regardless of hypothetical logic

10+ Year Old Account
    I reckon we could take Paris in less time than that.

The race is on Vlad.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014...p_ref=uk&ir=UK

Seriously the guy is off his rocker
    No, he's just saying that he COULD take it if he wanted. Quite frankly, I'm sick of being the world police. Let Europe deal with it.

He could, and honestly I don't think the E.U. would do that much to prevent it. Russia is world power, it's not the backwards nation of poor farmers we see in YouTube videos.

Their military, albeit not on par with others, could easily take the entirety of Ukraine if they wanted to and the big question now is; What if he does? What will anyone do to stop him?

Troops could be deployed, Sanctions can be thrown out against Russia, but is anyone going to risk WW3 / Cold War 2.0 over Ukraine?

Deleted
    I'm sure he could if Europe was a lawless wasteland with no politcal boundaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    No, he's just saying that he COULD take it if he wanted. Quite frankly, I'm sick of being the world police. Let Europe deal with it.
    Who is asking the U.S. to get involved? It's a matter for the E.U. to deal with, and we will, but ...

America still does have military bases and personnel all over Europe, they would be involved in some manner because of their presence there. Even if you just withdrew, that's still involvement because you'd be seen as fleeing.

Deleted
    I find it a little hard to trust, what I can read, as to be a private conversation with European Commission President José Manuel Barroso. I'd need a little more evidence than that. I absolutely despise the man, but random private rumors or statements can just as easily be slandering as it can be true. I would recommend people to take it with a grain of salt, and not hop on the hate train every time somebody will confirm your hatred.

I would have put focus on the actual video, and not the tidbit about a private conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasi View Post
    I'm sure he could if Europe was a lawless wasteland with no politcal boundaries.
    There has been several occupations, invasions and wars since the formation of Europe and while a lot of strong words were thrown around, sanctions put in place, this wouldn't be the first time a nation has invaded another on the E.U. borders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    He could, and honestly I don't think the E.U. would do that much to prevent it. Russia is world power, it's not the backwards nation of poor farmers we see in YouTube videos.

Their military, albeit not on par with others, could easily take the entirety of Ukraine if they wanted to and the big question now is; What if he does? What will anyone do to stop him?

Troops could be deployed, Sanctions can be thrown out against Russia, but is anyone going to risk WW3 / Cold War 2.0 over Ukraine?
    There will be no WWIII. The only thing on the table is another Cold War.

I wonder when Putin will fess up, family members of Russian troops KIA in eastern Ukraine are wondering what happend to their husbands/sons.

But yeah Russia could probably take Kiev pretty fast.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    There has been several occupations, invasions and wars since the formation of Europe and while a lot of strong words were thrown around, sanctions put in place, this wouldn't be the first time a nation has invaded another on the E.U. borders.
    Ukraine is not part of EU nor NATO, they're pretty much on their own against Russia if EU and US don't mind having Russia right at the back door.

He really does have little man 'Napoleon' complex doesnt he.

Someone needs to remind him that Washington could flatten Moscow and all of Russia in a single fly over during a lunch break so he should know his role and shut his mouth. California as a state alone could take Russia in a war. He's going to overstep his boundaries soon and have to rely on his fallback of nuclear war. Pathetic little man syndrome he has

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Someone needs to remind him that Washington could flatten Moscow and all of Russia in a single fly over during a lunch break so he should know his role and shut his mouth. California as a state alone could take Russia in a war. He's going to overstep his boundaries soon and have to rely on his fallback of nuclear war. Pathetic little man syndrome he has
    Yeaaah that seems to be some hyperbole, might want to simmer down on the rhetoric a liiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttlllllllllllle bit.
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Get real, they have a lot more Nukes than the USA does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Get real, they have a lot more Nukes than the USA does.
    US has more defense against nukes than Russia. ICBMS are risky to send because they get intercepted in flight, only way to deliver is with stealth bombers and knowledge of radar emplacements.