Deleted

Am I right or wrong?

I have 3 older stephsisters and a younger biological one. My biological sister had her birthday on a saturday evening. This has always been the case for the past 15 years or so. 2 of my stephsisters came early, during the middle of the day because they had somewhere else to be during the evening. One had to work during the day.

The last one then comes up with an excuse that she has to study, on a saturday evening, so she cant make 2h time for a BD that was planned a year ago.

Considering my younger sister is emotionally fragile, always puts lots of effort into my stephsisters BDays, and her initial response to my `dont u think thats a bit of a weak excuse` with ´Im gonna be the smart one and not respond to this ´ got me on a rant where i lectured her about her responsibility towards her sister, the fact that she could easily make 2h spare time for her, the fact that 2h of study isnt gonna make the difference, and the fact that the BD was planned months ago. Ofcourse i didnt get a reply. But a few hours later i got a call that we, as the family, should have a talk and clear the air.

She could have told me monday was the test, and she had to work sunday so she coulnd come if thats the case. She couldve told me that she didnt want to be in the room with her fathers ex girlfriends family. Whatever, she couldve just said so. She chose to act superior and wink. Especially that wink..

So, was i wrong to lecture her and point out her responsibilities?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't consider that going to your sister's birthday party is a "responsability".

You're definitely wrong. Who are you to say how adults should spend their time?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    You're definitely wrong. Who are you to say how adults should spend their time?
    Im her brother. And im not forceing her, im simply telling her shes a cunt if she doesnt come. Which she is.

If you blow off your emotionally fragile sister ´because you dont feel like it´ your a cunt. Simple as that. BD´s arent about you, its about the BD boy or girl. Its their day, and u come because it shows you care for them.

Deleted
    How old? Because generally if they're over 13 and it isn't a 16th, 18th or 21st very few actually care

10+ Year Old Account
    No, if she doesn't want to turn up, she doesn't have to turn up, it isn't your place to tell people what they should and have to do.

I already told my very best friend that I will be missing his birthday for the next 5 years, because his birthday is 1st December, whereas ACCA exams is always on first week of December, so I told him I won't be going to any of his birthday until I am fully qualified.

And she doesn't owe you an excuse, when she said no she isn't coming, that should be it. You brought it upon yourself for trying to question her. If you question me for not going, be prepared for me to talk down to you like you are nothing more but an earth worm, who the hell are you to tell me what to do? When I make a decision that only require my action, I have 100% right to make that decision (it physically require ME to go there for the birthday, therefore it is up to me to make that effort or not).

You are in the wrong IMO, next time when people say "no I am not going", just leave it at that with a "OK, too bad" and stop right there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Im her brother. And im not forceing her, im simply telling her shes a cunt if she doesnt come. Which she is.
    Beyond my brother or sisters 40th I have never visited them on the birthdays

10+ Year Old Account
    And I am telling you that you are a cunt to expect people to do what you want them to instead of what they want to.

Stay the fuck out of other people's decision, brother or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift
    ...im simply telling her shes a cunt if she doesnt come. Which she is.

If you blow off your emotionally fragile sister ´because you dont feel like it´ your a cunt. Simple as that.
    Why exactly did you open this thread if you're that sure that you're right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a brother, you have NO control over your sister.

They don't have to turn up to your birthday if they don't want to, they don't even have to turn up for your funeral if they don't want to.

If fact I cannot think of anything that they HAVE to turn up just because you are the brother.

You have no more power over than than a stranger.

Deleted
    I feel sorry for your youngest because essentially you've just farted a huge atmosphere over her day by been so self righteous

If you blow off your emotionally fragile sister ´because you dont feel like it´ your a cunt. Simple as that. BD´s arent about you, its about the BD boy or girl. Its their day, and u come because it shows you care for them.
    You seem like a jerk. You're calling the sister who skipped a cunt simply because she chose schooling over a birthday party? It seems to me you're more interested in the fact that your poor biological sister got hurt by a step sister. If it really meant that much to your younger sister, SHE could have taken it up with the one who skipped, not you. You're not the birthday police.

You're in the wrong, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're going to post a thread asking if you're right or wrong, and when someone says you're wrong you respond with "no, I'm right", there is no point to the thread other than validation of your opinion of your actions - which isn't a discussion.

Closing.