Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    A Lv100 of any class with ilv590 gear can clear any raid pre-MoP in the same amount of time it takes to travel there and go through the loot they picked up. Where is the challenge? Why bother bringing friends along? How much gold will be put into the economy because of this change? How likely are we to see lockout resets on the store for these raids? This affects more than just yourself and your ability to farm mounts and transmog.

(I understand that you need a certain amount of people for a couple of achievements and them throwing lockout resets on the store is a bit of a stretch, but I'm still worried about the effect this will have down the line.)
    it has no more of an effect than old raids have ever had. nobody said there had to be any challenge in outdated content. you dont have to bring ANYBODY along. thats the nature of "soloing old raids". and as to your worry about gold? do you not notice how gold drops are constantly nerfed in older dungeons/raids? as soon as anybody tries to make gold from them Blizzard steps in and nerfs it, they will continue to do so. these worries are minor concerns at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Lv100 of any class with ilv590 gear can clear any raid pre-MoP in the same amount of time it takes to travel there and go through the loot they picked up. Where is the challenge? Why bother bringing friends along?
    Cataclysm content will be two-expansions-ago at 100. Compare that to now. How long does it take to kill most Wrath bosses? Do you need to bring extra people? (Yes, there are some exceptions, but in general it will be very similar.)

How much gold will be put into the economy because of this change?
    Gold drops scale with the number of people present for the kill. You would get the same amount of gold per kill that you would if there were 25 people in the raid with you. It really shouldn't affect the economy much, if at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Are you talking about FLs 25 or 10 man? and normal or heroic?
    I guess it's 10 normal, whatever the default is. Is there any point doing a higher difficulty?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I guess it's 10 normal, whatever the default is. Is there any point doing a higher difficulty?
    achievements? i solo achieve runs. mount drops? i know someone who does weekly 25 man heroic LK kills for invincible mount chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm content will be two-expansions-ago at 100. Compare that to now. How long does it take to kill most Wrath bosses? Do you need to bring extra people? (Yes, there are some exceptions, but in general it will be very similar.)
    You have to consider the gear we're using with the premade Lv100s. Running through ICC to get a lovely Shadowmourne for your warrior is kind of impossible when she's in her gear from Dragon Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Gold drops scale with the number of people present for the kill. You would get the same amount of gold per kill that you would if there were 25 people in the raid with you. It really shouldn't affect the economy much, if at all.
    Vendoring the epics is what I was referring to. You get around 500g+ per Wrath raid tier at the moment. Haven't checked Cata stuff, but I assume it's a little bit more.
    Last edited by Cinnamohn; 2014-09-02 at 08:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anisadora View Post
    achievements? i solo achieve runs. mount drops? i know someone who does weekly 25 man heroic LK kills for invincible mount chance.
    Well if normal 10 bosses die in 3 gcds then heroic 25s will take 20 or so? Probably not an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to consider the gear we're using with the premade Lv100s. Running through ICC to get a lovely Shadowmourne for your warrior is kind of impossible when she's in her gear from Dragon Soul.
    Last I heard the premade gear is 660. Has that changed?

But even if so, the goal this time is for the pre-MoP raids to be soloable. That was not the case before. If it's less gear-dependent now, that doesn't really come as a surprise. Having it be level-based makes a lot more sense to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Last I heard the premade gear is 660. Has that changed?
    That's premade pvp gear. Pve gear is a 580-630 mix at the moment.

Cata 25 mans are easily soloable as a shadow priest at least. For 10 man normals 3 shotting is overkill Regular mobs die to a single tick of mind sear, tough mobs die to 1 mindblast and bosses to, like, 2. Also, DP heals me for 2 million+ whenever used.

It's true, and it's very sad.
    what's more sad is this "stat squish" isnt accomplishing anything, people have 300k+ hp at 100

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    what's more sad is this "stat squish" isnt accomplishing anything, people have 300k+ hp at 100
    health doesnt follow the same principles as the other stats. you cant judge the squish off of health pools. this has been talked about to death in the other stats squish thread. health pools are inflated to compensate for loss of resilience.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    No what's sad is that you did not read any of the blue's posts when they clearly say why health will be high. But k.

Homophobia is so gay.

15+ Year Old Account
    At least gold farming will be even faster now. Although now that even Donald and other melee hunters can solo SOO 25 (If you get scaled for MOP content as well), I have a feeling loot will be worthless if it becomes popular.

I would prefer a bit more of a challenge. Tactics and self heals should be required for soloing raids. But I agree that soloing shouldn't be limited to DKs.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    At least gold farming will be even faster now. Although now that even Donald and other melee hunters can solo SOO 25 (If you get scaled for MOP content as well), I have a feeling loot will be worthless if it becomes popular.
    It only applies to pre-MoP content, so no SoO soloing (at least not due to the buff).

Wait.. what the f*ck? In WoD we'll be able to solo any old raid?

I mean I expected to still be able to solo what I can, but they're making it extremely easy for us?
    Last edited by Aceveda; 2014-09-02 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    Wait.. what the f*ck? In WoD we'll be able to solo any old raid?
    Everything before MoP yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Lv100 of any class with ilv590 gear can clear any raid pre-MoP in the same amount of time it takes to travel there and go through the loot they picked up. Where is the challenge? Why bother bringing friends along? How much gold will be put into the economy because of this change? How likely are we to see lockout resets on the store for these raids? This affects more than just yourself and your ability to farm mounts and transmog.

(I understand that you need a certain amount of people for a couple of achievements and them throwing lockout resets on the store is a bit of a stretch, but I'm still worried about the effect this will have down the line.)

For us? Of course not. But why do I see a Lv90 hunter in trade looking for a tank and healer for 25-man lich king? Why are there numerous runs posted on Openraid for things that are technically soloable?
    People were able to solo MC without any issues and AoE down trash without any issues what so ever when Wrath of the Lich King were out. How is it any different that we would be able to do the same in Firelands when WoD comes out? It's the exact same progression of "power" in old content.