Its not on the front page

Its not on their Battle.net page

Its probably not real

Quote Originally Posted by Cycoko View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/

Its probably not real
    Did you read ANY of the Posts on the last 7 pages? I seriously can't understand how people can think a site on the official domain can be fake in any way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Oh fuck the link is fake? My IPad will be ok won't it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycoko View Post

Its probably not real
    Aliens aren't on the front page neither, but they're real.

And they're here to steal your passwords.

here's a blue post about it. now stop arguing.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hey guys,

The media link to our site is a graphic used from some promotions we were running for select players of our other games that haven't tried WoW yet. It's part of an email sent to them.

The free time it's referring too is the 30 day month that all new subscribers get. Source
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

Quote Originally Posted by zdignity View Post
    this is fake
    /10 char
    clearly its not from the evidence in my post right above yours but go ahead keep trolling

Quote Originally Posted by marcackermann86 View Post
    Hey guys,

The media link to our site is a graphic used from some promotions we were running for select players of our other games that haven't tried WoW yet. It's part of an email sent to them.

The free time it's referring too is the 30 day month that all new subscribers get. Source
    It's sad that the internet is so bad that we can't trust any link. On the other hand I don't blame people for being so paranoid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcackermann86 View Post
    here's a blue post about it. now stop arguing.

Hey guys,

How do we know that blizzard hasn't been hacked and it's the hacker saying that?

so do I have to pay for this month or what

This is a free BCHEST with a month included to NON WOW PLAYERS, you wont have a 'free month' on your account dude

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    so do I have to pay for this month or what
    this promo is only for people that have played other Blizzard games and never had a WoW account.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    havent scanned the previous 6 pages but from the looks of that pic it looks like the normal trial account. i dont see anything different. shame, if it were truly free, even for frozen accounts, id probably log on and fly around to see whats changed.

Quote Originally Posted by aziras View Post
    To the people saying it is not to pad the Q3 numbers... look at a calendar. They picked 26th for a reason: It is friday. So you get to play for the week (my guess would be this opens up around the 19th) starting with a weekend to get you started, some weekdays to get your daily routine back in gear, and then the catch weekend: BAM! can't play in the weekend unless you subscribe!
    TADA! any conversion generated from this campaign is nicely translated to Q3 subscription numbers.

They are not business idiots. They know pretty darn well that the sales forecast for WoD launch numbers are directly affected by the number of active subscribers. They also know that the opening sales numbers for WoD will determine it's launch profile, as a very high number will attract a lot of extra players, while a low number will likely lead to some negative press (and many "oh, then I don't bother" responses).
    They are definitely not idiots. The sub numbers for them are very important because they convey the "strength" of the game. Just look at the last year, before every quarter closes they have had something to boost numbers. This quarter it's the free mount and the "free accounts" to the HS players.

Quote Originally Posted by adorich View Post
    It's sad that the internet is so bad that we can't trust any link. On the other hand I don't blame people for being so paranoid.
    No, it's sad that people can't read and understand that something posted on blizzard.com is probably legit.

It speaks more to how ignorant people are than it does to the dangers of the internet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    How do we know that blizzard hasn't been hacked and it's the hacker saying that?
    AMG teh blizzerds have been hackt!
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    my account is frozen, tried logging in and nothing

Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    my account is frozen, tried logging in and nothing
    It's only for people who haven't played WoW at all it seems, but have played other Blizzard games.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only read the first 4 pages but I'm amazed some posters even know how to turn their PCs on.

WoW giving a free month to players who've played WoW before? Hah!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    WoW giving a free month to players who've played WoW before? Hah!
    would make sense..to lure them back in to the addiction..and for wod..
    after all we gave them so much money, everyone would win..

those cheap sons of bitches...