Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Should one stay in a Nephalem Rift after killing the boss?

I always leave as soon as I've killed him, but I read online that there is a bigger legendary drop chance in those, should I stay in or continue as I am?

i just leave, close rift, salvage / identify, then open a new one.

faster xp :3
    I like my coffe like my mages.

just leave then there to easy to open them. you get like 4/5 from a full bounty run. and take not much time with split bounty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you want Legendaries? Stay in and full clear, because that BiS piece may just drop for you (Most of my leg drops tend to be after RG dies)

Otherwise, leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Do you want Legendaries? Stay in and full clear, because that BiS piece may just drop for you (Most of my leg drops tend to be after RG dies)

Otherwise, leave.
    Don't forget to clear every mob from acts I-V first because you know, that BiS piece may just drop for you.

OT: Yes leave and open a new one, wasting time when you could be progressing towards your next rift boss is just wasting everyones time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Well, no. Close the rift and move on.

Since we can't say the rift you're still in has more champion/elite packs than the next one you're going to open, and we don't know if anything happens to the drop rates/tables after you have "completed" the rift by killing the rift guardian. And even if you got 5 legendaries after clearing the rest of the rift you can't really argue it was "worth" it, because for all we know you could have gotten 6 in the next rift. Confirmation bias and all that.

Personally if I'm running under T6 content and get into some rift that has an insane monster density (Generally the Oasis map) I just clear it completely, but other than that I just close it and start again.

I found that usually the next pack (coincidence probably but meh ) after the RG gives me loot so thats what i do, play until i find one more pack, kill it and then close.

If you're working on greater rifts, then no. You need the rift key from the guardian and that's it; however, if you want legendaries and xp and don't have a need for pushing to greater rifts than completing the full rift we found was the best way to go.

No and yes. I stay and clear depending on the map, there are some maps with extreme high mob density like the swamps and graveyard from Act 5 that I would stay and clear. Otherwise no I close it.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    If I am solo I will close after the boss. If I am in a group it depends on them.

Greater Rifts>Rifts for me...
    For me the only reason to keep doing regular rifts is to get the gemstone of trials so I can go GR.

Though I evaluate them by Fun Factor, not possible number of legendaries that you can get.. Then maybe it'd be worth staying.. I still wouldn't though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

As others have mentioned it depends on the rift. Some rifts have super elite density, some rifts are garbage. I will also check the next level of a rift if it is close after the guardian spawns just to see what the next level is. I have gotten goblin rift levels after the guardian is dead by just taking 10 seconds to load the next level.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    with the changes to rift keys (1 key 1 rift) it became much more efficent to just reset after the boss

Yes, even after the change to rift keys I still fucking hate bounties and any way I can delay doing those is good.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Depends on the map density.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just clear them all the time, sometimes get something, but mostly it just more to vendor. I am completionist anyway, so I am not part of the norm.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As you can tell from the varied responses, it depends on your goals. If you have a good map and good density there's no reason not to clear unless your only goal is Grift progression. If you just want xp, gold, and loot it's always good to kill dense groups of things. For all you know your next Rift may be terrible.
    BAD WOLF

Leave unless you have one of the insane maps that you have to clear every time, because they have so many mobs and so many packs, like Endless Cursed Hold, act5 Graveyard etc.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

I think it's in every case more efficient to close the rift asap and move on.

If your goal is Greater Rifts, you got what you came for.
    If your goal is gear, opening a new rift loses you very little efficiency concerning mob killing and a new rift will get you more Blood Shards.

There's only 2 reasons I can think of to not close a rift immediately, (provided everyone has collected their loot) and those are superstition or really really hating bounties.

After the RG, I keep going unless the map sucks or mob density starts to thin. If I reach a dead end, I leave as well. Backtrack as little as possible.