Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The game itself is great.

Too bad its greatness mostly lies in stupidity of devs who make other MMORPGs so painfully bad and unplayable so we have no other choice but to keep playing WoW again and again, because there was/is/will be no alternative to it in MMORPG market (unless you like endless korean grinds, of course).
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

I've never played a game as much as I have WoW. WoW is, imo, one of the best games ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by zettazlow View Post
    Too many doomsayers.. negativity... hatred and comments about "dumbing down" going around in the forums..

but hardly anyone compliments or writes something positive about this amazing game. (inb4 It "was" amazing, It still is amazing)
    [/URL])
    What I find amazing is I walk/fly across all the zones in without a loading screen. WoW had this from the beginning. Even now some of the more modern MMO still uses portal/loading screen.

They do a good job of making sure the game runs on the low end, while still making the game look decent. There are some of the best at making low polygons still look good with their skin work.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I enjoy watching blizzard fail, and I think they are extremely good at failing.
    Thats... A compliment...right?
    I wish i would fail like blizzard
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    Aside from our everyday whine, here on mmo champ about...well,let's be honest everything mostly It's still best western mmo on a planet imo. I love heroic/mythic raiding in wow. After all this years they still can bring intresting encounters. I like features they bring over time like transmog,scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Aside from our everyday whine, here on mmo champ about...well,let's be honest everything mostly It's still best western mmo on a planet imo. I love heroic/mythic raiding in wow. After all this years they still can bring intresting encounters. I like features they bring over time like transmog,scenarios.
    Most players doesn't mean best. More people eat McDonalds everyday, but doesn't mean it's better than filet mignon. It certainly isn't a bad game, it is just fast food for the MMO crowd.

They have alot to be complimented on. They do some things very well. I will probably visit every new expansion but i just don't like to live here anymore.

The PvP is great, fastpaced, smooth and looks to be even better in WoD with all the CC changes.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Most players doesn't mean best. More people eat McDonalds everyday, but doesn't mean it's better than filet mignon. It certainly isn't a bad game, it is just fast food for the MMO crowd.
    I see it the same way.

Wow is the McDonald's of MMo gaming. It's decent enough to keep going back but not the best thing. There is a reason McDonald's has a billion served and wow has an extremely large number of severed over the years as well (even if it has recently declined and not recovered). Cast your net wide enough with a decent product and people will come.

However, Start removing or changing the reason people play your game or eat your product and people will leave. You don't see McDonald's changing their fires and nor should you see WOW change it's features like flying at max level.

Start changing staples features and people will find a different place to eat (or game).

10+ Year Old Account
    fun game. Ive met a ton of neat people from many walks of life.

It also helped me with public speaking, critical thinking, and team leading when i was put into a raid leader position
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Since we are talking positives, I'd note the fluidity of combat. I like it a lot, it's great, no other MMO does it as good as WoW.

Now, one more thing:

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    The PvP is great, fastpaced, smooth and looks to be even better in WoD with all the CC changes.
    No. PVP in WoD looks like a total disaster of the scale you've never seen before. Dead serious. The skill cap is *dramatically* lower, everyone is just tunneling because there is nothing else to do 99% of the time, and it is slow. Worst thing is, this can't be fixed by tuning (it's a complex topic as to why).

I seriously suggest you try PVP in WoD's beta. It's super-different from what we have now (which isn't perfect by far, mind you), in a very bad way.
    Last edited by rda; 2014-09-04 at 03:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this game. I love the people I have met, I love that it is something that I can constantly work on to get better. I love that feeling when my raid group finally gets "that" boss. I think the level of interaction that is available amongst Blizzard and the players is amazing. Could it be better? Of course, there is always room for improvement in everything...well, except bacon - bacon is perfect. That being said - I know I am a fangirl, but there are a multitude of reasons as to "why" I am a fangirl. Blizzard and WoW made me a fangirl because they do a great job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft sucks.

Ah ha ha kidding. I love the game! I've met some great people including my partner through it, it's helped me with social anxiety issues, and it's just been awesome. There are things I don't like about it, of course - like any game, but in the end it's the only game I've played for 5 years with little to no breaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I met someone on here and she drastically changed me as a person in a good way. I have met others good people as well while playing this game but same could be said for another.

- Combat
    - Storyline
    - Support Team
    - Meh screw it, everything is great besides PvP balance

10+ Year Old Account
    But... but... I wanna be a dick.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love wow, if it where a man I would sleep with it cause I bet it would look like Chris Metzen with a war hammer and a loin cloth.

That said I enjoy WoW because for the most part it has an amazing and well written story. No particular bit of the story is bad but rather goes through high and low points. For me Pandiarhea was a low point in the story but picked up with the release of siege of ogrimmar and so far WoD looks to be leading us into one of the best story arc's since Wrath of the lichking.

Also I was able to find an amazing LGBT guild that actually raids heroics and clears them!

Of all the things, you mention the bloody pop-culture references...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Of all the things, you mention the bloody pop-culture references...
    Don't tell me you didn't liked uldum. Funny meymeys are funneh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of the changes, I've always enjoyed WoW the most of all the MMOs, and have been a fan (good or bad) since 2007.