Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Will the new expansion change anything?

Quote Originally Posted by MSioni View Post
    Will the new expansion change anything?
    They announced a new xpack??

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    They announced a new xpack??
    If i remember correctly after Water expansion there should be Life, Earth and Fire expansion (Rift base game had Regulos for Death and Storm Legion had Crucia)
    Last edited by Pantelija; 2015-06-08 at 03:19 PM. Reason: typed Life two times
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like my 90 y/o uncle Bob. Very dead... and beginning to smell. RiP Uncle Bob.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    If i remember correctly after Water expansion there should be Life, Earth and Fire expansion (Rift base game had Regulos for Death and Storm Legion had Crucia)
    None of the dragons are "dead", we just banished their avatars (which is why they can keep coming back again and again and again).

Eg Greenscale (Life), Akylios (Water), Regulos (Death), Laethys (Earth) and Maelforge (Fire) were all raid bosses in RIFT vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regulos is definitely dead as in the raid Endless Eclipse we entered into the Plane of Death and killed him, further evidence is how we're now under "attack" from other entities you get hints of in Plane of Water, Regulos was "shielding" Telara as he wanted it all for himself but with him dead we're getting noticed

Not sure about the rest of the Bloodstorm, Crucia has shown she can take over anyone's body with her mind control, we stopped her in Tyrant's Forge when she was trying to use the mecha dragon body but she escapes just as you kill the robo-dragon so who knows where she'll turn up again

Hows the population? thinking of going back

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori156 View Post
    Hows the population? thinking of going back
    Population is fine, will be quiet outside peak times of course, it is the Summer after all but joining an Instant Adventure it's always full, queuing for a Warfront is near instant, although obviously at low levels the queues are longer unless you queue as a Tank or Healer, then it's near instant

10+ Year Old Account
    I struggled when I went back recently because no one was around to help with rift events, which meant I struggled to find somewhere to quest. Perhaps it wouldn't be bad if you can find a guild that is willing to help or online when you are, but I can't seem to do that. You might be fine, so give it a try.

I recently played for a couple of months hoping to get back into the raiding scene,and while Rift is far from dead in terms of population, it does have some glaring issues in my own personal opinion.

-Being forced to pvp in order to maximise raid mark gain,it wouldn't be so bad if PVP was enjoyable in Rift but it's turned into a mess.

-Unbalanced souls which have not reveived any attention in months.

-Very stingy raid mark caps,specially those pertaining to older content,it can still take months to get your character geared enough (HIT) to play current content with your friends if you're a new/returning player.

-Many in game bugs which have persisted for months and yet to receive any aknowledement from the devs,let alone fixes.

-Ability and/or general lag,visual bugs and screen freezes during raid encounters.

-No catchup mechanics whatsoever for new/returning players,you will grind with RNGesus forever if you're unlucky.

-Nightmare rift masteries to build your source machine,this content is extremely boring and repetitive and can be a chore considering most people don't need to do it anymore.

-The general feeling Rift is now a cash cow to fund other projects,fixes are long time coming but there's allways something new to spend real money in the store on every other week.

-Rehashing of old raid content,HK v2.0 and now Guilded Prophecy,screams of lazyness imo.

The above are just my own personal opinions of course,but after returning to the game almost 3 months ago and doing all the T1 raids,forced pvp weeklies and Nightmare rift masteries to completion every week without fail and stil unable to raid T2 (current) content with friends in my guild due to lack of Hit i gave up,uninstalled and went back to WoW,and after a short 2-3 week catchup period am able to enjoy current raids.

WoW is not perfect by all means,but Trion could really take a few leafs from Blizzard's book and Rift wouldn't feel like such a chore to play as it currently does.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Months" to catch up on getting enough hit? are you even playing Rift? a set of crafted gear upgraded gets you 1,000 hit and voila, Tier One ready, Update 3.3 hits this week and offers even better craftable gear to help you reach 1200 hit for Tier Two and speaking of raids...

Quote Originally Posted by justinhalfout View Post
    -Rehashing of old raid content,HK v2.0 and now Guilded Prophecy,screams of lazyness imo.

The players were asked a few months ago would they like to see any raids upgraded for level 65, guess what the majority of votes were for? Hammerknell for the 20-man and Gilded Prophecy for the 10-man, funny old World when players get what they asked for from the Devs.

In our discussions about our discontent with WoD my wife mentioned maybe checking out Rift again.

I went to their website and saw that the last four souls they added, basically 4 new talent trees, cost $35. Yes, thirty-five dollars for four new powerful talent trees.

That put an end to any tiny chance that we would try Rift ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    In our discussions about our discontent with WoD my wife mentioned maybe checking out Rift again.

I went to their website and saw that the last four souls they added, basically 4 new talent trees, cost $35. Yes, thirty-five dollars for four new powerful talent trees.

The game is still 100% playable without those souls. All they do is fill out which roles each calling can do. Don't see why $35 for the souls is such a big deal when the whole Nightmare Tide expansion was free.

Yes i was playing the same game,for the record i had been grinding ALL the T1 raids,no upgrades ever dropped so stuck on 1100 Hit,and if the devs truly wanted to deliver what players ask for then none of you would be grinding Conquest for raid marks.

Anf yes it took me close to 3 months to get that amount of Hit

Asking the players "what raid would you like to see rehashed" is not the same as not delivering new content now?

10+ Year Old Account
    delivering new content now?
    Looool, Rift is still pushing out new content faster and in bigger chunks than a lot of other games, including ones you pay a sub to, coming on Wednesday is update 3.3, been worked on is a new zone, the new Tier 3 Lord Arak 20-man raid, new Experts, new Instant Adventure zones, this is the new zone, compare the size of it on PTS currently in the top pic as opposed to the size right now on Live

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post

You are aware that you are given eight souls for free, right? as well as the entire game including all Expansions, you expect them to make no money at all?
    Last edited by Slipmat; 2015-07-13 at 05:36 PM.

I thought the new zone wasn't coming until later >.>

Everything I saw indicated that it wouldn't be part of 3.3 but would probably be in the subsequent patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I thought the new zone wasn't coming until later
    Yes, it's currently been worked on, will prob come in 3.4 but the first few quests to start off the path into Plane Touched Wilds are up, it will get you through the portal to the wall and then a bit of RP happens but you can't get into PTW yet

Just have to play the waiting game until it's open for testing

I was referring to the rehashing of raid content which is what i primarily play for,not the rest or the fluff.

I appreciate you allways having been a great ambassador for the game Slip,but sadly you can't convince me Rift is anywhere near as good as it used to be (i played from beta/headstart all the way trough to clearing EE/FT before taking a break).

As i said what i expressed in my post are my own opinions,which are shared by more people than you may imagine,i really tried to get back into the game and worked hard at it during the time i was back,but not being able to join in current content with my guild due to archaic gating mechanisms such as stingy T1 currency caps and having to grind PVP caused burnout in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Rift does fine, they make enough money from the shop to keep having a profit. The funny thing is they have about 1 10th or even less of the players that wow has. Yet in the same timeframe that wow has released nothing at all contentwise, Rift has released the following:

Patch 2.4 with a Raid, a dungeon, a chronicle, cross shard IA's and pvp rank 90.
    Patch 2.5 with 3 chronicles, a raid, a dungeon, a mini-saga, gifts of the fae (new gamesystem with random lvl 60 dungeons), iron pine peak rehaul, new dimension.
    Patch 2.6 with a new tradeskill, UA sets, bounty system, air saga prelude, dimensions rehaul and more raid preludes.
    Patch 2.7 with 4 new souls (between spec and class say), new questlines, ui rehaul, a few t3 raids and a new warfront
    Patch 2.8 with more prelude quests/raids, new dungeon, rehaul of the pyromancer soul, revamp of the auction house, and multirole actionbars.

Expansion 3.0 is on the brink of being released, and it will be completely free......

All of the above is high quality content (the raids are arguably better than wow's raids) and all of this got released after the soo release, so basically in the same timeframe that Blizzard brought out..... nothing at all. This is while Rift is f2p and releasing a free expansion soon. This is while Blizzard is still charing 15€ a month and charging 40€ for their expansion.
    So in this sense, no Rift is not dead. Actually if you compare the amount of released content, you could easily claim that WoW is dead compared to Rift.
    And still it's not successful in doing so...so perhaps not so high quality content? I personally hatet the char animations...couldnt get into the game really...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Make the entire world one big raid. Everyone huddles in cities until they can find 19 other adventurers to group with. Then they gradually trash pull their way through the zone

Luke Skywalker was an angry young male from the desert, who was indoctrinated by a religious fringe member, and joined a terror plot to blow up a major military installation. Luke is a 9/11 pilot...

10+ Year Old Account
    I was referring to the rehashing of raid content
    Like i said, it was what the vast majority of the playerbase wanted and voted on, bring back Hammerknell and Gilded Prophecy, at least the new Lord Arak Raid will be totally new and maybe they should stop listening to what the players want and ask for