Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

ONE Brad Pitt movie...

Movie night. My BF hasn't seen ANY movie with Brad Pitt as the main character except Kalifornia (???) He said he never bothered because he figured Pitt was just eye candy. He said he'd try another if I wanted and I need an AMAZING one to show him that Pitt actually has talent. HELP MEH!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pitt IS just eye candy, though.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I don't know if this qualifies as a "main character role", but Ocean's Eleven is a great start to liking Brad Pitt.

Also greats:

Fight Club
    Inglorious Basterds
    Legends of the Fall

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000093/?ref_=nv_sr_1
    Last edited by Darnash; 2014-09-05 at 12:06 AM.

fight club
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Fight Club?
    12 Monkeys

troy, he was pretty bad ass in that a gotta watch seven

10+ Year Old Account
    Se7en? Mr & Mrs Smith? i guess it depends on what genre of movie he likes since Brad has tried a bit of everything over his career.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Pitt IS just eye candy, though.
    What?? You really think so? I've often resented him for being such a good actor because I wanted to hate him for being so pretty. Haha I think he has substantial talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seven Years in Tibet, Interview With the Vampire, or Troy imo. Also Seven, he was great in that.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Inglorious Basterds was great, but Christoph Waltz steals the show. Go with Snatch or Fight Club.
    You cared enough to post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    troy, he was pretty bad ass in that a gotta watch seven
    NOT Troy. Whatever you do, if you're looking for Brad Pitt with talent, NOT TROY. He is worse than terrible in that movie.

As for what to show him, it's fight club. No question. Other possibilities are Se7en (great film, also has Morgan Freeman in it) and possibly Snatch (though he might not appreciate that as much if he hasn't seen Pitt before).

But, to re-iterate: if you're trying to show that Brad Pitt is not simply eye candy, NOT TROY.

You're all wrong.

This one
    "Good ol Vanilla Enhancement Shamans. The walking slot machine."

Seven, 12 Monkeys or Legends of the Fall. Choose any and see why he's such an amazing actor. Also he was great in World War Z as well.

Edit: I completely forgot about Spy Game with Pitt and Redford. Another great performance I thought.
    Last edited by tibben; 2014-09-05 at 12:14 AM.

I think it's pretty hard to name a bad Brad Pitt movie, really.

I only recently saw Meet Joe Black because I thought it'd be dull, boy was I wrong. Id probably go with Fight Club/Se7en first though.

12 Monkeys

(Fight Club, Snatch, Seven)

Even though he's not TECHNICALLY the main character, Ocean's Eleven is fantastic. Also, Mr. & Mrs. Smith was great. I personally wasn't a fan of Fight Club. Moneyball is also a good movie if your BF likes Baseball movies (I think it's a great overall movie, but some people look down on it because it's based on baseball).

I have about an hour to pick. I've seen A LOT of his stuff. I'm looking at everything everyone suggests, I swear. Maybe I'll just pick the one suggested most? hahaha I'm not sure.

Deleted
    Meet Joe Black or Se7en. tbh i love most of his films but i think these showcase part of what has made him great personal opinion of course

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobiashunter View Post
    Even though he's not TECHNICALLY the main character, Ocean's Eleven is fantastic. Also, Mr. & Mrs. Smith was great. I personally wasn't a fan of Fight Club. Moneyball is also a good movie if your BF likes Baseball movies (I think it's a great overall movie, but some people look down on it because it's based on baseball).
    Great spot, Ocean's Eleven is a great film and Brad Pitt is the second, if not joint-first, main character.

I really don't see how you can't like Fight Club though.

Deleted
    I would really see Se7en and Inglorious Basterds..