Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Lol....Cool World. Do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Madness you say?

Sorry I had to.
    Is the word 'madness' even going to be useable in any serious context this century? Probably not...

Can't believe no one has mentioned Burn After Reading. There's Also Moneyball, Babel, Inglorious Basters, and Killing Them Softly.

Inglorious Basterds and Killing Them Softly are two of Brad Pitt's best, IMO.
    Last edited by Vaeladin; 2014-09-05 at 12:37 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Se7en, Inglorious Basterds - main character in both, great acting, great movies - best place to start IMO.

Fight Club - he's not the main character here, but he is an important foil to Edward Norton, another great movie - but Pitt's character is also intentionally flat here (he's an archetype, a self-idealization (of the narrator), while character development is left to Norton)

Troy - if you want to look steamily into Brad Pitt's eyes for 1/3rd of the movie (which consists entirely of zooming in and out on Brad Pitt's face) - this is the movie for you, but the acting isn't good on anyones part - nobody sold the love stories or the conflict very well, they delivered their lines - and to some extent, that matches the Greek style of storytelling (in that stage actors back then were all melodramatic over-actors - and plays/poems were written as such). The only convincing actor in the movie was the guy who played King Priam - and his role wasn't particularly difficult to convey (grieving the loss of his son, but he did do it well).

There are Tons of great Pitt movies, almost all of them demonstrate his acting capability (definitely not eye candy) - but for a first movie for a guy, go with something that is both great and actiony IMO - Se7en and Inglorious Basterds are perfect.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whynotchris View Post
    What?? You really think so? I've often resented him for being such a good actor because I wanted to hate him for being so pretty. Haha I think he has substantial talent.
    I absolutely agree with this. Him and Tom Hanks. Try as I may though, I just can't dislike Brad Pitt. In fact, it's the opposite. I have a hard time picking a bad Brad Pitt movie because really they are few and far between. If I had to pick one I wouldn't recommend, it would probably be Kalifornia. Seriously. So he's seen the shittiest movie he has to offer, it's only up from here when it comes to Brad Pitt. No scratch that, Troy was god awful.

But to bathe more light on already mentioned films I would say, Fight Club #1. This is Pitt at his pinnacle in a spectacular movie from start to finish. After that you can pick any of the other greats; Se7en, Twelve Monkeys, Legends of the Fall, Moneyball, Inglorious Bastards, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, The Ocean's', Burn After Reading... the list goes on.
    Obtuse and Obedient of Stormrage US

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Moneyball had two of my all time scenes.

Great movie.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fight Club - even if he doesn't like Brad Pitt in it, then you have one of the best Pixies tunes to compensate, and everybody loves the Pixies.

SNATCH!!!! Se7en. I'd say the Ocean's 11/12/13 movies but he is just kinda pretentiously eye candy, even though I liked the movies. Fight club for sure. Burn after reading if you want some silly Pitt and not serious Pitt. So damn great in that movie.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Pretty much every movie mentioned in here is good. After you've had your dude watch them all, watch The Mexican.

I went with Fightclub!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went with Fightclub!
    We don't talk about Fight Club.
    You cared enough to post.

A River Runs through It.

Really...nobody said it...?

Snatch is the best movie

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was kind of a toss-up for me between Seven and Mr. and Mrs. Smith, but I would have to go with Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

Brad and Angelina are great in this and the climax of the movie where the two tear down their house trying to kill eachother, before reconciling might make you want to skip the rest of it and fuck like rabbits.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2014-09-05 at 02:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Money Ball is good.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    fight club
    This is what I came to say. If nothing else watch that.

Let us know how it went. If your BF watches Fight Club and doesn't like Brad Pitt as an actor after that, well holy shit.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went with Fightclub!
    great choice. one of my favorite movies. you have to see it a couple times to really notice everything.

to be honest i've seen the movie more than a dozen times and never noticed this - there is a cup of coffee in every single scene.

Se7en also would have been a solid choice.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Fight Club
    12 Monkeys
    These are all that matter. Basterds was good as well.
    READ and be less Ignorant.