Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I can see an Ork series being a lighthearted, over-the-top action thriller featuring liberal use of sunglasses, 'Xplosions, motorcycles, reckless driving, vehicle collisions, brawling, insane combat maneuvers, and... Orks jumping out of dropships several thousand feet above the ground [Without parachutes]; drinking beer while they fall and determinstic roars louder than Mel Gibson, screaming "Waaagh!!!"
    Deff Skwadron kinda does that, but with planes. More Orky Top Gun than Orky Mad Max.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Deff Skwadron kinda does that, but with planes. More Orky Top Gun than Orky Mad Max.
    OMG I need to buy this.

Orks forever!

OMG I need to buy this.

Orks forever!
    Fun Fact: Ork Fighta Bommers run their fuel-lines through the cockpit in case the pilot gets thirsty.

Source:

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Fun Fact: Ork Fighta Bommers run their fuel-lines through the cockpit in case the pilot gets thirsty.

Source:
    Oh dear; that's gotta create some intestinal problems... but the LOLZ!

Oh dear; that's gotta create some intestinal problems... but the LOLZ!
    Orks don't really have intestines, they're full of mushroom soup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started up Gaunt's Ghosts. Feth, it's an amazing series so far. Fucking hate Rawne though. Corbec and Gaunt are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Started up Gaunt's Ghosts. Feth, it's an amazing series so far. Fucking hate Rawne though. Corbec and Gaunt are great.
    WTB Gaunt's Ghost television series; SW: The Clones Wars style.

Fucking hate Rawne though.
    Oh to be so innocent...
    Hating Rawne is just a warm-up for hating Cuu.

WTB Gaunt's Ghost television series; SW: The Clones Wars style.
    No, if they did that the tv show would retcon like half the books just like how the clone wars cartoon did for the republic commando series. I dont think warhammer would beable to be rated for cable tv. MABY hbo or stars or showtime but not cable tv.

Im running into the problem of Black library not putting out books fast enough. They have to many short stories and ebooks on thier website each month and not enough novels. Gaunts ghosts used to be like a 2 a year book series now its maby one a year if we are lucky. There hasnt been a new space marine battles book in awhile either. With the death of star wars books i need MOAR. i just read the macharion crusade and loved it. i hope we get more sagas about the famous history things we hear about. Wouldnt mind the age of strife being covered. The first war for armageddon was covered oh so briefly but in a very good grey knights book.

Deleted
    The Talon of Horus by ADB is pretty good, and the start of a new Black Legion series.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You will love Rawne soon enough. Larkin and Mkvenner are probably two of my favorite characters.

NOTE: I haven't seen this thread in a while, I apologize for earlier incorrectly stating Ravenor occured first, I believe I was trying to say it was written first but takes place After the events of Eisenhorn.

Another note: Pariah, great or fething great?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayuriel View Post
    You will love Rawne soon enough. Larkin and Mkvenner are probably two of my favorite characters.
    Corbec is my current favorite. Rawne is just so whiny. "Boohoo I didn't get to die on Tanith. Better kill Gaunt even though he saved my shit a billion times."

I like Mad Larkin. Bragg is another cool character.

Deleted

Another note: Pariah, great or fething great?
    The start is boring as hell, the ending is awesome though, and should lead into more awesomeness.

I'd say most people get drawn into Warhammer due to Space Marine legions and Primarchs, so the Horus Heresy series is probably the best place to start. Anything by Aaron Dembski-Bowden is great. Graham McNeil and Dan Abnett are mostly good, but they have their misses as well. Abnetts writing is usually very good, but he likes to focus on mortal humans and Inquisitors too much for my taste. The only 40k author that I found truly awful is William King. His Space Wolves series is dreadful. Its like reading a comic book.

Horus Heresy favorites: The First Heretic, A Thousand Sons, Know No Fear, Betrayer, Fear to Tread, Legion
    Space Marine Battles favorites: Deathwatch, Battle of the Fang, Helsreach
    Omnibus favorites: Night Lords, Blood Angels, Word Bearers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    The Talon of Horus by ADB is pretty good, and the start of a new Black Legion series.
    Release date in the US says November 4th. Is is already out via another avenue?

Deleted
    Came out in the UK in September, atleast the E-Book did. Was tempted to put in for a First Edition copy, mainly to support ADB, because he's easily my favourite author at BL atm, but £40 for 416 pages is a bit steep for my blood.

I always try to avoid space marines; they don't have any depth to them IMAO. They are all the same; some great and powerful, invincible, incorruptible angel who defends the holy empire in the name of an almighty psyhic who can "think" imperium ships through the warp but even as a god he still can't do something as simple as lug his rear off of the oldest chair in the universe.

The normal humans of the series were my favorites: they weren't car-flinging giants or some symbol of righteousness; they were real people in a real situation acting with real attitudes. You get the sort of attachment to them that space marines don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    The start is boring as hell, the ending is awesome though, and should lead into more awesomeness.
    It would be nice if we didnt have to wait 2 years between new books in the series. Thats a huge problem atm and not one that they used to have. The macharius crusade trilogy we got a book a year. Gaunts ghosts has slowed down to a crawl, i know hes writing lots of other books but hasnt it been almost 2 years since the last one? Same for pariah. Black libarary is focusing way to much on the ebook shorts and not enough on novels.

- - - Updated - - -

The only 40k author that I found truly awful is William King. His Space Wolves series is dreadful. Its like reading a comic book.
    Have you read the macharian crusade trilogy by him. Its awsome.

Deleted
    I always try to avoid space marines; they don't have any depth to them IMAO. They are all the same; some great and powerful, invincible, incorruptible angel who defends the holy empire in the name of an almighty psyhic who can "think" imperium ships through the warp but even as a god he still can't do something as simple as lug his rear off of the oldest chair in the universe.

The normal humans of the series were my favorites: they weren't car-flinging giants or some symbol of righteousness; they were real people in a real situation acting with real attitudes. You get the sort of attachment to them that space marines don't.
    Thats a common complaint with Space Marine, but the later books in the Heresy are really turning that round.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    It would be nice if we didnt have to wait 2 years between new books in the series. Thats a huge problem atm and not one that they used to have. The macharius crusade trilogy we got a book a year. Gaunts ghosts has slowed down to a crawl, i know hes writing lots of other books but hasnt it been almost 2 years since the last one? Same for pariah. Black libarary is focusing way to much on the ebook shorts and not enough on novels.
    Yeah I miss the days when we'd get a new Gaunts Ghosts a year, but with the amount of stuff Abnett has going on atm, i'm not overly concerned. The Heresy will take precedent over any of his older series, due to it being the current Black Library cash cow. Also, Abnett doesn't just work for Black Library, he's a pretty prominent author in the comic book scene as well, and has his own original fiction stories going on. With him being one of the duo who created the original Guardians of the Galaxy comics, and with the amount of popularity those comics will be getting after the success of the movie, I imagine he'll be having to spend more time on those as well.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Corbec is my current favorite. Rawne is just so whiny. "Boohoo I didn't get to die on Tanith. Better kill Gaunt even though he saved my shit a billion times."

I like Mad Larkin. Bragg is another cool character.
    What book are you on?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Have you read the macharian crusade trilogy by him. Its awsome.
    Well, Dan Abnett is also going through some personal health issues, he got diagnosed with Epilepsy which has been affecting his writing.

By the way, Abnett's standalone non 40k novel, Embedded is fucking fantastic.
    Last edited by Bayuriel; 2014-10-02 at 07:54 PM. Reason: more info.

10+ Year Old Account
    What book are you on?
    Currently nearing the end of Necropolis.