Replacement for GTX 570

As the title suggests, I am looking to replace my nVidia GTX 570 that was purchased several years ago. Ive looked on Newegg/Amazon and done a bit of google-ing and havent been able to find something that peaks my interest. Any suggestions that arent SUPER expensive?

First thing that comes to my mind is a 760. I went from a 570 to a 670 FTW edition and it was a good upgrade. Don't know about amd side as I haven't used a card of theirs since a radeon x800pro.

It all really depends on what you are doing with it and what you want out of an upgrade. The 760 is for sure a worthy upgrade.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would wait, nvidia is releasing their new ones soon, if you have to now, go with your upgrade flavor, 770

I play WoW, Diablo, a large library on steam of newish and older games. Also some video creation for Youtube and guild videos. 3 monitor setup currently.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Upgrade isn't going to change much for WoW, will probably increase Diablo FPS but I'm sure the 570 is putting you at more than enough for your monitor's refresh rate...as for the other games it depends. If your monitor is 60Hz there really isn't any immediate reason to upgrade if you're seeing 60+ FPS in your games outside of WoW.

Like they said, it's probably better to wait until the new series comes out. Suppose to be much cheaper for better performance. It's hard to say what you should upgrade to at this point as the only 2 games you specifically listed won't matter much in an upgrade and it's up to you, the consumer, the decide of the money justifies the upgrade. Is a 570 to 770 a good upgrade? Yes, indeed. But you have to justify the $300+ you're going to have to spend for it and it may not even make a big difference in the games you play (0 difference for WoW).

I used to run with a GTX 570, and I only upgraded to 770s when BF4 came out because I knew the VRAM on the 570 was lacking and I wasn't happy with the FPS i was getting (not that it can't play BF4 but I like my FPS and Ultra settings). Games like BF4 and my 144Hz monitor are the only reason I was able to justify the price.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2014-09-05 at 02:37 PM.

wait for new nvidias they are going to be cheap and good with low energy bills so better wait

Deleted
    GTX970 (870) should be the most logical upgrade, but there's also the R9-285 and the R9-290. But I'd wait for a month before upgrading.