looking for a good mmo

ok, I want to play an mmo that is preferably free to play after wasting my time with eso and wildstar. Im mainly looking for a list of mmos that have a relatively decent population so I can do dungeons and raiding and what not. I only know about the more mainstream ones, so im looking to see which ones you guys play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rift is probably the best non pay to win or overly money grubbing ftp game. Swtor is good too if you are willing to spend 10 dollars to unlock preferred status. If you liked wow but no longer want to pay the sub, Swtor and Rift are the next best things. Guild wars is good if you like doing cosmetic things, but there is literally no end game progression, so thats something to consider, and you can buy it on sale and play free forever. Ive played a ton of other mmos, but the only 3 that I consider worth my time are Rift, GW2, and Swtor.

Deleted
    There is no good MMO on the market right now besides WoW.

If you don't like anything from the mainstream, it's very unlikely you will like something else, this isn't music.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravasi View Post
    There is no good MMO on the market right now besides WoW.

If you don't like anything from the mainstream, it's very unlikely you will like something else, this isn't music.
    I wouldn't say that, but I definitely still think WoW is the best by far. Ive had hundreds of hours of fun from SWTOR and Rift each.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should try ArcheAge while it's still in open beta. So far I'm liking it quite a bit, but it certainly isn't every bodies' cup of tea. It will be F2P once it launches, but you will be rather limited to the game.

I tried TERA myself, but I can't really get myself to play it after having played ArcheAge tbh.

I tried Rift as well but I got bored of it, or well rather I felt like I was wasting my time after finding out I couldn't set up a subscription like I do with WoW (through a payment method called iDEAL).

You could try swtor as well. It is pretty fun if I say so myself and from what I've heard you can easily get to max level by playing F2P.

Those are the only real f2p MMOs ive tried. You could try some other orthodox MMOs like Vindictus and Firefall if you want to. Firefall being an MMOFPS which is pretty fun if I say so myself.

Rift has been fun, and it has an established endgame.

SWTOR has the best leveling experience out of all mmos. Haven't done much endgame on it tbh so I can't say much about that.

You can always try WoW come WoD consider this is MMO-C after all :P
    The caged bird sings /with a fearful trill /of things unknown /but longed for still /and his tune is heard /on the distant hill /for the caged bird/ sings of freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Firefall being an MMOFPS which is pretty fun if I say so myself.
    I second this big time. I was in the beta for Firefall and it has had some pretty radical changes. Outside of some odd bugs here and there, the last couple of patches did a lot for keeping me active in the game. I absolutely loved the hectic feel of the beta, which they have thankfully brought back with the current event and the last patch. Just after release the game was kind of boring as the actual world events were few and far between. Now, there's something going on around the map constantly.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

yea ill most definataly be going back to wow when wod hits, but its kind a of a spur of the moment kind of thing for me right now, because im watching all these videos of mmos and raiding and just wondering if their were other games I might have not seen.

Deleted
    Guild Wars 2, pay once (y)

I've played Guild Wars 2, Star Wars the Old Republic, and Rift quite a bit. I prefer Star Wars out of all of them. Mainly b/c leveling is so fun. So I feel like I can take my time with Star Wars and just play whenever I feel like it and not "have" to do things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even for all its issues at the end game, give SWTOR a go. Its worth it at least once just for the levelling even if you quit after having experienced the storylines on both factions at least 1 time.

I don't think the 2007 version of Runescape is free afaik but its a sandbox game which will give an experience quite different from what you are used to from WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hupriest View Post
    SWTOR has the best leveling experience out of all mmos.
    Hell no, but they do go the best questing lore.
    The leveling areas is stall as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I don't think the 2007 version of Runescape is free afaik but its a sandbox game which will give an experience quite different from what you are used to from WoW.
    You have to sub ($7 a month) for 07scape.

Normal runescape, which has a legacy mode (essentially 2007 versions combat in the new engine and updates) is free to play for a large portion of it. It's definitely completely different from other mmo's if you play legacy or 2007scape. The new combat engine is a rip off of wows though, that's why I suggest legacy mode if you try it.

You've gotten your suggestions. In the future, use the sticky here.