Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So basically this is MU Grom, a short period of time after Garrosh is handed over to the Frostwolves cause he is sick?

God, stupid ogre.. putting your neck that close to his mouthe xD
    also.. how did he get down from the tree after he bit off the guys head?

10+ Year Old Account
    @ SkagenRora, he was probably thin enough to slip his arms out. To me, the "camera" focused an awful lot on his arms before he killed the ogre.

WoD lore is amazing

If only they could make a good game around it, that'd be awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calibretto9 View Post
    Would you be able to recover from that level of starvation and get that bulked again?
    Your hormones would be all fucked up for a while, but eventually you'd recover and be able to build muscle tissue at a normal rate again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    It's becoming obvious that throughout all of WoD, people will argue endlessly about what they think is an inconsistency because they will never figure out that this isn't time travel in the literal sense.
    It's also becoming obvious that throughout all of WoD, people are going to fall back on the shitty "lol blades of grass :^)" excuse even when it doesn't apply to the situation. Like now, seeing as the videos are supposed to be about the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    You obviously dont know your lore then,they were first never like that,they started off as peaceful shaman and hunters and the only enemy they had were the ogres,so get your facts straight buddy!
    Times change.

That was all retconned in post WC2. Honestly, it was the peaceful, shamanic route that was a betrayal to their character. It seems to me that Orc fans loved the brutal, warrior culture of the Orcs. Not the culture that holds hands with the spirits and skips through the fields of Nagrand.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2014-09-06 at 04:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has never been heavily into the lore, the alternate timeline gimmick is lame. I know many have drunk the kool-aid, as the "alternate universe, not hard to understand" responses to lore inconsistencies are common. But it is still lame, and in my mind renders any lore completely inconsequential and pointless, as at any time the old "you have been in a different universe" can come up again. It's right up there with "it was all a dream". If this was a sitcom, it has jumped the shark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    God, stupid ogre.. putting your neck that close to his mouthe xD
    also.. how did he get down from the tree after he bit off the guys head?
    He lost ALOT of weight over the time,and was able to slip out his hands cuz they got alot of slimmer.

"Harbor any hope of defeating the iron horde?" Dumb Blizz losers, I've doused Ragnaros more times than I care to remember, treked out to Outland and beheaded Illidan while killing off Kaelthas twice (at your behest) and stopping the summoning of the 2nd most powerful BL commander, stomped over the LK's long dead corpse, stopped the literal end of the world thanks to old gods and a mad metal dragon, and finally journeyed out to panda land to forcibly bring them into whatever century we're currently in while ending their dead old god problem, as well as deposing a tyrannical leader hopped up on old god junk. If that isn't enough of a reason for the iron horde to fucking FEAR me and harbor any hope of beating me, well there's just no hope for WoW. Why the hell should I fear some primitive backwater orcs given access to tech they don't even fucking understand, let alone barely have the mental capacity to wield we're it not for that same Orc that was gunned up on old god juice trying to explain it with his half rotten brain?

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    "Harbor any hope of defeating the iron horde?" Dumb Blizz losers, I've doused Ragnaros more times than I care to remember, treked out to Outland and beheaded Illidan while killing off Kaelthas twice (at your behest) and stopping the summoning of the 2nd most powerful BL commander, stomped over the LK's long dead corpse, stopped the literal end of the world thanks to old gods and a mad metal dragon, and finally journeyed out to panda land to forcibly bring them into whatever century we're currently in while ending their dead old god problem, as well as deposing a tyrannical leader hopped up on old god junk. If that isn't enough of a reason for the iron horde to fucking FEAR me and harbor any hope of beating me, well there's just no hope for WoW. Why the hell should I fear some primitive backwater orcs given access to tech they don't even fucking understand, let alone barely have the mental capacity to wield we're it not for that same Orc that was gunned up on old god juice trying to explain it with his half rotten brain?
    Because in lore, you technically did zero of those things. They were done by others groups of adventurers or by major lore characters like Tirion, Maiev, or Thrall.

The Warlords wouldn't care who are heroes are. We mean shit on Draenor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Because in lore, you technically did zero of those things. They were done by others groups of adventurers or by major lore characters like Tirion, Maiev, or Thrall.

The Warlords wouldn't care who are heroes are. We mean shit on Draenor.

That is not true. Even Blizzard uses the selling argument such as "you have defeated Illidan,now face the Lich King!" and so on

We are supposed to be those who defeat them,with the help sometimes of major characters. Its the center of the WoW marketing campaign, to make us feel like epic heroes (when its just an MMO but oh well...) so don't try to justify things with lies.

Deleted
    This cinematic shows that Grom needs to be played by Arnold Schwarzenegger in the movie.

This was basicly a short story about Conan the barbarian.

Shocking that Blizzard can't tell their own stories properly and confuse over half the people in this thread. I love the "it makes perfect sense" posters. I wonder what drugs they're on.

Shouldn't characters that were still currently "alive" back then be running into au versions of themselves? There should be 2 of a lot of characters in this I would think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sololux View Post
    Shouldn't characters that were still currently "alive" back then be running into au versions of themselves? There should be 2 of a lot of characters in this I would think.
    Well, Thrall isn't born yet in AU as he was born on Azeroth in an internment camp, AU Draenor's Garrosh doesn't exist for some reason which let Garrosh have a longer leash when working with Grom, MU Velen didn't come to AU Draenor, and AU Khadgar is still on AU Azeroth (or not even born, I don't know).

So, not an awful lot of characters that came with us have a chance of meeting with their past self. The only thing I can't seem to figure out is where AU Maraad is, unless he got killed at some point.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

I still kind of wonder how he managed to get off that tree claw thing. His arms were still bound. Magic I guess XD

Deleted
    I still hope that Gromm wont by final boss :/

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    By a decade, I mean from before WoD starts. The only changes are recent ones, Nerzhul's wife, Garrosh's birth were all within 10 years of the opening of the Dark Portal. Anything before that isn't really well known or discussed. So far both of these 2 videos take place within a decade of WoD. I would hope they take butterfly effects into consideration, but that is also why I don't believe the changes go back any further than 10 years.

- - - Updated - - -

If you read the books, they set a tone that the Orcs are peaceful, that they go to Nagrand and meet up and how they set up Grom is that he's just some new chieftain who is loud and annoying. They claim the ogres are stupid and wild, there's no empire, the Orcs aren't these blood thirsty "Victory or Death" guys. It's hard to explain, im bad at it but if you ask people who have read the book in great detail, they will most likely agree that this is not the same as in the book.
    i readed all these books man....