Poll: What do you think of WoD?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think it's a good expansion and I'm looking forward to it. I skipped most of MoP but this time it will be different I think.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have mixed feelings on it. I want it to be good, and Garrisons do sound fun. But it feels very lacking in actual content.

Party excited, partly disappointed.

I couldn't agree more with OP.

I've been playing since I was 18, and I just turned 29, I'm now married with a wife/kid (she plays too.) and we are both very excited, not been this hyped since BC. it has a ton of potential, and I've loved the beta so far. I'm not 100% on board with some char changes. (Make lone wolf viable. and change MM mastery plx.) but other then that, I'm happy as larry with it!

to be perfectly honest, forums are typically a horrible place for a poll like this, because you'll get jaded ex players, and people with too much time to qq on their hands, the fans of the game, don't waste time on boards whining, they simply play the game they enjoy.

that being said, excited about it seems to be winning at the moment, which in itself is quite interesting!

Deleted
    Well before WoD there where alot of things going around with The Dark Below.

And i have to say The Dark Below had alot more potential in my opinion (got me more hyped then WoD)

Seems that it'll be better then Cata and MoP, but still not that excited for it. I got the beta since day 1 and I didn't even bother to quest past the Tanaan starting quests.

Deleted
    Honestly, I don't know...

In a hand, I like garnisons idea and love the new race skin design, and It can be good to "back" to a "Warcraft" ambiant. MoP was a very nice expansion so I'm sure WoD can be as good as it, and perhaps better.

In a other hand, the "Back in time to an parallel universe" plot is....meh. I'm not sure bringing back "Big Bad villains in the beginning" is a good idea and I feel this "Warcraft ambiant" comeback is just a "fanservice" stuff, especially for those who "hate" MoP.

This expansion has so many good system changes its not even funny imo.

Deleted
    I tried play beta. Zones looks cool, overall game is played smoothly. But this is pretty much end. Lore doesnt exist. Alternative universe and more orcs? Really? Even end game boss is another orc. I play horde but i am getting sick of orc expansions. Questing seems very casual as always nothing special. I dont know it is just feel wrong go back in time to kill what is supostu be dead. Garrisons are boring. They are just this static gheto where you can chose few buildins what will give you some extra perks but you will not really use them anyway since whole leveling is so casual and easy. It doesnt even feel like your house or anything even similir to that.

Dungeons seems like on right place. Not sure about raids since i dont really care about them anyway. PvP could be fine if classe gonna not be compeltly broken with so many changes.

Overall WoD seems too simple. And do not offer anything to be excited about. Ye you can say like but we got all these badass characters. Well they were badass becouse of their previous lore, which doesnt exist anymore becouse of time change. Too many holes in lore. Like BLizzard could create expanson about old gods, burning legion, titans, but no they pick alternative universe with orcs? What?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's gonna be great! I can't wait.

People are just impatient for it and talk shit because it's natural (for some) to over-analyze/nitpick things because they'll just ruminate on the same dead horse for months on end.
    In the company of thieves, liars, beggars and whores
    I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come.

Deleted
    Artwork looks good for it

10+ Year Old Account
    I have mixed feelings. What worries me most is that the Garrison feature is going to take up so many resources that it will come at a cost to other content. Garrisons also contradict Blizzard's "wanting players to go out and explore the world" mantra. Like Pet Battles and Farming, they don't add substance to the game but appeal to those craving "filler" content, all of which can be better experienced outside WOW.
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.

let's see...

things i hate about it;

- yet another god damn story with fucking thrall as a main figure head.
    - more orcs...
    - no flying so getting around is going to be a pita
    - the store has slowly becoming the focus of the game, with items who's design surpass heroic raiding in looks so anyone can be a special snowflake
    - it's turning into a platformer (as much as WoW is not a flight sim, it sure as shit ain't a fucking platformer)
    - bots are still breaking battlegrounds with no fix or plans to fix that cancer (why bother when you have to put focus on the store)
    - fewer raids, fewer dungeons...garrisons seem mandatory and i am not the excited about them

things i like about it;

- the new models look ok. but the animations on some of them have wrecked some of the character the old animations had.

Deleted
    I chose "expected better". Following explanations are subjective and about how I "feel". People might not feel the same, so no need to tell me that I'm wrong.

Lorewise:
    I'm not really interested in the old Draenor. I know all the warlords, I've read all the books (etc) and to me they're all figures of the past. I didn't feel the need to go there and see (and fight!) almost all of them. So for that, I'm not too excited about the theme of the expansion. However, there is potential for it to have its nice spots regarding the Burning Legion, new lore around Paladins/Draenei etc. I'm just not excited about the Warlords themselves.
    -> sidenote, I wasn't too happy about the Pandaria lore either, though there were bits and pieces that I enjoyed and the raids were still pretty good among other things. Lore alone doesn't spoil an expansion for me.

Garrisons:
    Most of what's new I don't seem to be interested in. I'm not too hyped about the Garrisons at all. Can't really explain why but on beta it's a gameplay I'm not enjoying. And even if it's not mandatory, to most (including me) it will feel as if it was just like I farmed those charms every week on my chars to get a chance on extra loot, or how I did the farm to have the 300 stat food. At first I thought it'd be a pretty small thing but it turns into something so big that I think if you don't do it, you're giving up on alot of little perks that will put others at a slight advantage.

Raid difficulties:
    I'm not too fussed about the LFR/Normal/Heroic/Mythic changes, because I generally find there is way too many difficulties these days. But it's good for those who use them regularly, I guess. I'm really just interested in Heroic/Mythic.

Stat squish, stat changes and ability pruning:
    Stat squish doesn't interest me, I don't care if it shows 1,000,000 or 1,000.
    Nice that exp/hit are gone, those were majorly annoying, would have prefered to keep reforging though cause I like to be able to choose how I want to play, e.g. Feral druid going full haste so that the rotation just feels faster or going full mastery to make dots stronger. Now you get what you get.
    Ability pruning.. meh.. for some classes it was needed, for others it wasn't. Some classes make me fall asleep. Playing beta I'm also extremely sad about what they did to Holy Paladins (my main), it's just not a playstyle I enjoy alot, will need to reroll unless they change it to.. I don't even know what. Class feels generally extremely clunky.

Character models:
    Happy there are no new races/classes. We got enough already as it is. The character model updates are great and were reallllyyy due, one of the few things I was looking forward to. Until I saw how my characters look like on beta. It'd be ok if it came with a free recustomisation or race change, but as it stands now I'm pretty unhappy how my main looks on beta as well as a few alts. I'm one of those people who can't play characters they don't like the look of.

---

I'm sure there is more, but as always before an expansion I'll wait and see how it goes, as things can always turn out better than I thought they'd be (like in MoP). The above is just my current impression of the information I have read about/experienced on beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im careful this time. I was super excited after blizzocon but since then we got alot of info. Capital city fiasco,calss changes that i dont like,2-tier expac...I'll wait and see if i like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    let's see...

things i hate about it;

- yet another god damn story with fucking thrall as a main figure head.
    Thrall is a big reason why there IS a World of Warcraft. I don't see what's the problem.
    - more orcs...
    So what?
    - no flying so getting around is going to be a pita
    Oh boohoo, it's not the end of the world. But I do kinda hope there are faster ground mounts.
    - the store has slowly becoming the focus of the game, with items who's design surpass heroic raiding in looks so anyone can be a special snowflake
    Lmao, stop.
    - it's turning into a platformer (as much as WoW is not a flight sim, it sure as shit ain't a fucking platformer)
    - bots are still breaking battlegrounds with no fix or plans to fix that cancer (why bother when you have to put focus on the store)
    Blizzard is putting the smack down on bots recently afaik.
    - fewer raids, fewer dungeons...garrisons seem mandatory and i am not the excited about them

things i like about it;

- the new models look ok. but the animations on some of them have wrecked some of the character the old animations had.
    /10characters

Deleted
    Expected better than MoP but will be max same level as MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Lore is terrible, it is just absolutely garbage. The gameplay changes for the most part leave me unimpressed. Garrisons are uninteresting, the Class Changes are awful. I could go on, but I think it's fairly obvious that WoD is a lackluster expansion overall.

The only good things that they've done are New Character Models, Removal of Flying, Reduction of CC in PvP.

Garrisons = amazing
    No more reforge = amazing
    Ability squish = awesome but could have pruned more
    Stat squish = I wish they would have done more to squish hp but I understand it from a pvp perspective
    New Models = nice added bonus I guess. I was content with the old models
    Story = convoluted to start but I have a feeling the upcoming patches will flesh it out to be something amazing leading up to xpac 6
    No flying = don't care one way or the other
    No more valor/justice = amazing

Pretty much looks to be a solid xpac, the only meh feeling I have is the starting time travel premise. That could be good or it could spiral out of control. This better be the only xpac with time travel outside the caverns of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctusar View Post
    Thrall is a big reason why there IS a World of Warcraft. I don't see what's the problem.
    - Thrall is a big reason because they won't stop writing about him. Their are Humans, Gnomes, Dwarves, Undead, Night Elves, Dranei, Blood Elves, Trolls, Tauren, Goblins, Worgens and now Pandas in this game. Each race has their own figure head which could possibly be an interesting character that I wouldn't mind diving into for an expansion. So uhhh why is it we keep having to have a story focus around orcs and thrall again?

Oh boohoo, it's not the end of the world. But I do kinda hope there are faster ground mounts
    - not gonna bite on this and turn this thread into a flying/anti flying discussion. Let's just end it with...I'd rather have flying to bypass the crap I don't want to interact with, (mostly because it's boring)

this is a quote from a beta tester in the wow forums;

One of the most annoying things. Get a quest, look at map, it's right next to you. Run toward where the quest is. Discover quest is indeed right there.... up a mountain. And the only way UP that mountain is literally the other side.

ALL the damned time. Constantly.

Lmao, stop.
    - Your naive about the store...you really are.

"hey I can't raid heroic...I think I'll buy this 15 buck healm and look super special!"

https://us.battle.net/shop/en/produc...eternal-winter

Blizzard is putting the smack down on bots recently afaik.
    It's been an issue since the release of battlegrounds and it's only gotten worse. That's what? 8 and a half years of a bot problem? You are still under the belief that they either know how to fix it, or are even capable of fixing it??? Really? LOL.
    Last edited by Drytoast; 2014-09-06 at 06:03 PM.