10+ Year Old Account

Always been a hunter but...

Pretty sure I'm coming back to WoW for WoD (Quit in Jan). How are hunters doing on beta right now? I've mained a hunter since late 2008 and I've always loved the class. However, due to certain circumstances I've been considering a different main, perhaps something even melee. However, I haven't played beta and I'd really like to know the general consensus of the playstyles out there for WoD.

There's been a lot of talk about rogues being really fun as well as ret paladins.

I've always had a love-hate relationship with pets. I loved them for their utility and DPS (especially when soloing old content) but I hated how buggy they could be on certain boss encounters and in PvP (My interest is primarily mything raiding btw).
    Last edited by Supakaiser; 2014-09-06 at 09:23 AM.
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

10+ Year Old Account
    Survival seems to play pretty much the same, although Serpent Sting has a spell has been removed. It gets applied by other shots now. Marksmanship...I have played Marks since Cataclysm but I hate it now. They removed Arcane Shot for the spec, so you've got Aimed Shot, your Glaive/Powershot talent, and Chimera Shot. The cast time makes it painful to play. It's not hard, but imo it is just not fun winding up long cast after long cast after long cast. I don't really do BM, so I can't comment on that.

Also forgot to mention that Survival lost Kill Shot for whatever reason.
    Last edited by foxHeart; 2014-09-06 at 09:28 AM.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    Pretty sure I'm coming back to WoW for WoD (Quit in Jan). How are hunters doing on beta right now? I've mained a hunter since late 2008 and I've always loved the class. However, due to certain circumstances I've been considering a different main, perhaps something even melee. However, I haven't played beta and I'd really like to know the general consensus of the playstyles out there for WoD.

There's been a lot of talk about rogues being really fun as well as ret paladins.

I've always had a love-hate relationship with pets. I loved them for their utility and DPS (especially when soloing old content) but I hated how buggy they could be on certain boss encounters and in PvP (My interest is primarily mything raiding btw).
    I don't know where you got the Rogues being fun part from, because they're completely the same as live. If you like the live version of rogues you won't find any difference.

SV is almost the same, Except for a few minor points like
    1.You don't have a seperate button for Serpent Sting, Its baked into Arcane Shot.
    2. No Kill Shot.
    3. No Rapid Fire.

BM is almost the same, Except that it doesn't have Serpent Sting & Rapid Fire.

MM:
    1. No Serpent Sting.
    2. No Arcane Shot.
    3. Sniper Training is your new mastery that does more damage as long as you don't move.

And I'd advise you beforehand, don't make any judgement on how the specs play out by listening to other people. Opinions are subjective. I for one am looking forward to playing the new MM (probably because i'm too bored with the live version) but many people don't feel the same way. Play it on the PTR or when 6.0 hits and see for yourself.

Deleted
    MM is likely to remain sucky at PVE and more of a PVP spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasi View Post
    MM is likely to remain sucky at PVE and more of a PVP spec.
    Umm.. No. MM is currently the wosrt PVP spec because of the mastery and in beta right now it is the best single target spec. So you're wrong on both counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Raicky View Post
    Umm.. No. MM is currently the wosrt PVP spec because of the mastery and in beta right now it is the best single target spec. So you're wrong on both counts.
    Did the AiS dmg increase really get it ahead of BM?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    Did the AiS dmg increase really get it ahead of BM?
    That, and the nerfs to BM. Although if there's more than one target or a fair amount of movement BM will pull ahead.

Just hope MM doesn't come out on top, dmg-wise. Did't play a hunter to have to stand still to use my mastery.

Deleted
    I really hope MM becomes good... i've played hunter since firelands and never really got to play MM (i dont pvp , at all.) sniper training seems so interesting and paired with LW it seems like a very weird/fun playstyle...

No arcane shot is weird though o_O

Deleted
    So new MM hunter = Arcane mage spec?

Not nearly as punishing, but it leads to a similar playstyle whereby you are cautious of movement, and have to minmax it to keep the maximum uptime on Sniper Training as you can
    Retired hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Faladrath View Post
    Just hope MM doesn't come out on top, dmg-wise. Did't play a hunter to have to stand still to use my mastery.
    And here I am hoping for the exact opposite. =D

When Sniper Training was a talent i enjoyed it quite a bit, cause it meant you had to think ahead of the fight with each movement you made, and always keep an eye out for the upcomming boss mechanics (the few that were).

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    And here I am hoping for the exact opposite. =D

When Sniper Training was a talent i enjoyed it quite a bit, cause it meant you had to think ahead of the fight with each movement you made, and always keep an eye out for the upcomming boss mechanics (the few that were).
    I'm hoping for MM to be good as well. Although it didn't work out quite as well for SV when it was a talent. Sniper Training fits the MM theme perfectly as it stands now. One change I do hope they make is that disengage refreshes your remaining time on the buff. Being good at disengaging should be rewarding

Quote Originally Posted by Raicky View Post
    Oh goody, being obligated to play the most annoying spec because it's the highest single target... can't wait...
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    They removed Arcane Shot for the spec, so you've got Aimed Shot, your Glaive/Powershot talent, and Chimera Shot. The cast time makes it painful to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by McBlemmen View Post
    No arcane shot is weird though o_O
    Do you guys even MM? You wouldn't be using Arcane Shot anyway and with the glyph baked in (AiS on the move) it isn't a big deal. Sniper Training when it was SV only back in Cata wasn't a big deal either, it isn't hard to keep it applied.