Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScourgeSlayer View Post
    I am not what you could consider socially active and I have experience in relationships.

Am I the 5% or the 95%?
    The percentage was just a illustration, absolutely no fact involved. Almost as saying only a handfull.
    You decide yourself that. I've been in a few relationships, I don't consider me a expert, however I don't look at it as something to be a expert on.
    Do you need to be a expert on how to walk on two legs? People have recreated in so many years before us, it's something everyone can.
    You talk, you get to know eachother to the point you feel comfortable with eachother. Thing is, just because you feel attached to a girl, it doesn't
    mean she feels the same way about you. At some points you have to accept that it doesn't work out between you. Ever had the "long odd boring conversation"?

Yeah. That's the sign that you guys wont make a good match.

- - - Updated - - -

No there were dates involved, I just came right out on the first date and make my intentions clear, if they were interested we went from there, if not I was friendzoned.

My methods are my own.

I did and it worked 2 out of 20 times. Your move.
    How long did they last?
    Friendzone? Jesus. That's just some myth. If you're trying to catch a girl that's already whippd, or if she's already dating someone else, you just blame it on the friendzone. Stop going after whippd girls. Remember, they can't let their feelings down just because you like them. Make them like you rather than convince them that you're better by asking " Want to be my GF ".
    Even first date? Where's the part where you're going to get to know eachother? Gone`?
    And 2/20. That's terrible. 10 dates for one catch. I'm sure most guys here have been on less dates with different girls overall in their entire
    life and been in more relationships.
    Last edited by Kezotar; 2014-09-07 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    How long did they last?
    The first one lasted lets say 9 months?
    The second one was 7 and the current one is still going and probably around 8 months currently.

Friendzone? Jesus. That's just some myth. If you're trying to catch a girl that's already whippd, or if she's already dating someone else, you just blame it on the friendzone. Stop going after whippd girls. Remember, they can't let their feelings down just because you like them. Make them like you rather than convince them that you're better by asking " Want to be my GF ".
    Maybe that is true.

Even first date? Where's the part where you're going to get to know eachother? Gone`?
    We would have gotten to know each other prior to the first date. I wouldn't go on a date with someone unless I knew what I was in for beforehand.

And 2/20. That's terrible. 10 dates for one catch. I'm sure most guys here have been on less dates with different girls overall in their entire
    life and been in more relationships.
    Different people get different results, as I said before I am not a very social person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

15+ Year Old Account
    No there were dates involved, I just came right out on the first date and make my intentions clear, if they were interested we went from there, if not I was friendzoned.

My methods are my own.

I did and it worked 2 out of 20 times. Your move.
    And what did you say your intentions were?

People in general hate labels. Some people may like to say "I'm your GF/BF" but most don't. People HATE labels when it comes to dating unless you've been going steady for awhile. You ask if the person wants to hang out, you ask if they want to go to dinner more or do things you like. If you like hiking ask them on a hike. Dates are for grade schoolers. When you're an adult you take the person doing things YOU like to do and if there's a connection you'll feel it after a bit. If there's not it will be obvious.

Also, one of the worst things you can do is not being true to yourself. If you hate going to the movies don't do movie dates. If you prefer watching movies at home, wait until they seem comfortable coming to your place and ask them over. If you like to cook make them dinner.

If you're saying "Hey I like you, wanna be exclusive?" on the first date then that's going to drive potential people away really fast.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2014-09-07 at 05:34 PM.

Ok so here's my 2 cents. Let's discuss your profile pic.
    If this is you then you have a good physique and should just be confident. Women like confidence... a lot.
    If that is not you, well..., there may be an underlying issue you need to address..

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    And what did you say your intentions were?

People in general hate labels. Some people may like to say "I'm your GF/BF" but most don't. People HATE labels when it comes to dating unless you've been going steady for awhile. You ask if the person wants to hang out, you ask if they want to go to dinner more or do things you like. If you like hiking ask them on a hike. Dates are for grade schoolers. When you're an adult you take the person doing things YOU like to do and if there's a connection you'll feel it after a bit. If there's not it will be obvious.

If you're saying "Hey I like you, wanna be exclusive?" then that's going to drive potential people away really fast.
    Simply put, I would outright say, "I like you, it seems that you like me, how about we get together?" (Not the exact words I would use but essentially that is what it is.

We would have gotten to know each other prior to the first date. I wouldn't go on a date with someone unless I knew what I was in for beforehand.
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The first one lasted lets say 9 months?
    The second one was 7 and the current one is still going and probably around 8 months currently.
    None of these are serious. Figures.

Maybe that is true.
    It's true. Imagine your case. You liked this girl, you have a friend that likes you. You talk to your friend how much you love her. (The other girl).
    It's a myth.

So a few times met and you're ready for a date? I talked with my GF for 2 months, dated in 1 month. Currently going 2 years.
    Again, means nothing. Yours is just usually a one night stand thing. No feelings, only pleasure. If it works for you, that's great.

Different people get different results, as I said before I am not a very social person.
    Exactly. But usually a good pattern is to get to know eachother.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're saying "Hey I like you, wanna be exclusive?" on the first date then that's going to drive potential people away really fast.
    Best pickup line. Gotta give it a shot, gonna post results.
    Jokes aside. If you're 20+ Drop that line.

15+ Year Old Account
    Simply put, I would outright say, "I like you, it seems that you like me, how about we get together?" (Not the exact words I would use but essentially that is what it is.
    Eh, not so bad, but it will scare a lot of people away if they think you want to be exclusive so quickly. The best way to approach it is to ask them to hang out pretty regularly, do the things you want to do. If they're not into at least a few of the things you like to do, it wasn't going to work out anyway. If they are, then you'll both feel the spark and something will develop from there.

None of these are serious. Figures.
    The first two ended on my side, I simply lost interest in them over time (That is a different topic and the opposite of what this post is about).

So a few times met and you're ready for a date? I talked with my GF for 2 months, dated in 1 month. Currently going 2 years.
    Again, means nothing. Yours is just usually a one night stand thing. No feelings, only pleasure. If it works for you, that's great.
    I never said just a few times before. It would most likely be a decent amount of get together before I actually ask them out on a date.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, not so bad, but it will scare a lot of people away if they think you want to be exclusive so quickly. The best way to approach it is to ask them to hang out pretty regularly, do the things you want to do. If they're not into at least a few of the things you like to do, it wasn't going to work out anyway. If they are, then you'll both feel the spark and something will develop from there.
    That's exactly what I do already. If they don't share the same interests with my I wouldn't even bother to talk to them at all.
    Last edited by UnluckyAmateur; 2014-09-07 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Error

15+ Year Old Account
    All I can really say is this: People like to make decisions on their own time, their own pace. They don't like to be forced into something. If you ask them if they wanna be your GF well before they're ready to seal the deal then they'll turn you down. Asking someone if they wanna be your GF/exclusive is almost like giving them a contract to sign. Relationships can be hard to get out of so most rational people won't want to seal the deal right away. They want samples before they sign that contract.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The first two ended on my side, I simply lost interest in them over time (That is a different topic and the opposite of what this post is able).
    Exactly. That's why if you had known better, talked with them beforehand you maybe wouldn't have had such a thing towards them. Obviously you don't lose feelings for a girl within a day, it starts usually a long timebefore.

I never said just a few times before. It would most likely be a decent amount of get together before I actually ask them out on a date.
    Then after all that time you guys didn't feel as comfortable and yet still needed a "Do you want to be together" ? That's strange, but kudos for you mate.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    All I can really say is this: People like to make decisions on their own time, their own pace. They don't like to be forced into something. If you ask them if they wanna be your GF well before they're ready to seal the deal then they'll turn you down. Asking someone if they wanna be your GF/exclusive is almost like giving them a contract to sign. Relationships can be hard to get out of so most rational people won't want to seal the deal right away. They want samples before they sign that contract.
    Exactly. Don't be selfish and seal it and give the girl fake hopes and then lose the feelings for her a few months afterwards and ditch her in the trash.
    a) That's why girls call guys dicks.

If relationship is nothing more for you than a short period of sex, make that clear rather than luring her into thinking that you actually want her, or
    you can just do ONS.

Exactly. That's why if you had known better, talked with them beforehand you maybe wouldn't have had such a thing towards them. Obviously you don't lose feelings for a girl within a day, it starts usually a long timebefore.
    That's the funny part actually, we actually had a lot of things in common and shared the same interests. I just lost interest with them after a time passed on.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's the funny part actually, we actually had a lot of things in common and shared the same interests. I just lost interest with them after a time passed on.
    Define "Long time".

7 - 9 Months, is not a long time.
    You must've lonst interests a few months ahead, you don't just lose it. Nothing that happens overnight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadPixel23 View Post
    So basically since i was a teen i was always ver shy talking to girls but in the last couple of years i have come out of my shell and have become comfortable talking to them, over the last couple of years i have spoken to girls who i belive were interested in me, i am great at doing all the chat and taking them out for a movie or a meal but when i comes to asking them if they want to be in a relationship i just can't get past that wall... and after a while i think they get bored of waiting for me to make a move and then just dissapear : / Just to clear up, i'm not that sort of guy who talks to girls just to get them in bed once and then never speak to them again, just incase i made it sould like that.

What should i do to show that i want a relationship?

you have to leave the impression to girls that you want a relationship, by not saying it out loud.

chatting to much about the wrong topics can make you a friend instead of a boyfriend. they dont loose interest - they get the impression you want a friendship. (though girls always say they thin men just want sex ^^) - butm ost girls have girlfriends for that, then they move on.

to be honest, i think it just depends, either it happens, or not. you can do things wrong though, even if if "may have happened with her" but you prevented it by wrong body signals.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the information is on MMO-Champion bud. I mean, if only those 5% that actually are socially active could answer you, you'd be off with some great advice. However most of the these people here haven't even talked to girls before, absolutely wrong forum.

Oh and,word of advice. Unless you're finished with school, bored with life and hitting 25 you shouldn't really be looking for a girl. Enjoy your life, most of the guys that are whipd wish they never were. It's a good feeling the first few months, after that it's just a huge bother.
    There's always one of you in these threads, and it's not even a good joke anymore. There are plenty of normal well adjusted people on MMOC who have lots of experience with dating.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    There's always one of you in these threads, and it's not even a good joke anymore. There are plenty of normal well adjusted people on MMOC who have lots of experience with dating.
    Right, and what was it that you had to offer on this topic since you so badly wish to be excluded from those 95%?
    Oh .. Figures.

Deleted
    My only "serious" relationship started after we went on dates for 2 weeks, every day or every other day at the least. I'd try to seal the proverbial deal every time, during and at the end of the date, got rejected every time (must have been 20+times easily), then I left town for a week and when I came back we went out again, I didn't act towards her anymore, and by the end of the night we were in her bed. Never had the world "together" or "girlfriend" been mentioned during that month of constant interaction.

Asking outright if they "want to be your girlfriend" just puts unnecessary pressure on them and gets their reasoning going. She'll start finding or making up reasons for why they shouldn't get with you, you're practically hamstringing yourself. Just do stuff and try to kiss her during the dates, if she doesn't want to get atleast THAT intimal but she still goes out on dates with you, it's practically her saying that she is attracted to you, she is considering being with you but she's waiting to see if it's not just you being horny and wanting quick sex and if what she currently feels will last.

Now, if you're talking about just sex, just state it outright during the first date so that she gets your motives perfectly straight. Saves both time and emotional investment if she doesn't want that kind of a relationship with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL! You are asking for advice on how to get with the ladies on a video game forum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by captainkanji View Post
    LoL! You are asking for advice on how to get with the ladies on a video game forum.
    All you're doing is promoting the already rampant stereotype that gamers are no-lifer, basement dweller, fedora-sporting, meme-spouting weirdos. There certainly are people around that can offer advice on relationships and sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Stereotypes are usually based on fact, though!
    This is just...