Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    seriously though why are you still boyfriend/girlfriend after 8 years?
    If you loved it, you should have put a ring on it. 8 years is too long to stall in a relationship that's going nowhere.
    Laughing at these two.

What difference would've that made?

Been through a divorce, suffering through years of a relationship I didnt want to be in was far worse than the divorce.

Live goes on, it gets a little better, then worse, then a a lot better, then just kind of plateaus for another 30 years.

If she's right, and you're codependent, then here's an opportunity to learn about you and being on your own. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    but what if his friend has drinks?
    Lol noooo. Drinking won't help at all..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    People want to have a future with somebody and not just sit around and hope. When the only things you own are booze and a few nicknacks you can find in any 17 year olds room and you don't have a job, things look bleak.
    I've been deliberately oversimplifying both sides of the issue. I own a few, very precious things. Some game boxes, there's a giant wooden crab I bought when we went to Cambodia together, there's a stuffed turtle I won at Disneyland for her...okay this isn't fair. even the shit she left behind reminds me of her.

Regardless, I only keep things inside that have some very significant sentimental value. Most of the things that I buy are utilitarian. Desks, chairs, bookcases, and tools. Lots of tools. My old job was a CEO for a small commercial satellite company I started, so I'm loaded top the brim with nut drivers, cutters, crimpers, meters, and other things from many years in the telecom industry.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

You'll get over it. Women are only good for their holes, anyway.

Deleted
    Marriage at ages -25 is like castration. It is doomed to fail because the woman will most of the time bail and looking for someone better.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrllish View Post
    Marriage isn't just piece of paper and for you to think that's all that's involved really shows how young/inexperienced you are.
    You don't have to be married to someone to love them and have a good relationship and be happy. That's my point...I'm 37 years old and have plenty of experience with relationships. I have friends who were together over 10 years, decided to get married and then within a few years were divorced. That's why I say a piece of paper doesn't equate to love.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Lol noooo. Drinking won't help at all..
    which is why he cant go to his friends house. he likely has drinks.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eja216 View Post
    If you loved it, you should have put a ring on it. 8 years is too long to stall in a relationship that's going nowhere.
    If she can't be a girlfriend for eight years then how the hell is she going to be a wife for life? Divorce is pretty expensive, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrllish View Post
    Are you really saying that love only exists between family members? lol
    More or less. "lol".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Laughing at these two.

What difference would've that made?
    it likely was one of the reasons she left him.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Why does she think you're not independent enough? What were some of the problems you had over the last eight years? Oh and stop drinking.

Women are all around horrible people. My best friend is a girl and the way they rationalize things, play games, and then give the puppy eyes if their extensive plans fail is ridiculous. Her mother who was a woman who has been threw 3 marriages tells her daily to "First marry for money, second marriage do it for property or to test the waters, marry for love the 3rd time around." I mean how fucked is that.

Women demand equality, but then constantly complain about their raw end of the deal, or dislike being treated as an equal.

She had you waiting to get married till after school? Sounds to me like she was unsure of what she wanted and you were a time sink. In my opinion on the the next one. It gets easier as you get older though.... men and woman hold different sets of stock in life. Early on a beautiful young woman with no kids has all the options in the world. But as time goes on, her beauty fades, maybe she has a kid or two and no stable marriage, maybe she ends up a single mother....he stock has fallen to penny stock prices. You as a man, the old, fatter, and more successful you get just become that much more of an eligible bachelor. Women got us beat early on, but 30 and up, you can have any unmarried betty you want, shed rather be with some asshole she doesnt love than a crazy cat lady screaming at kids playing outside her 1/1 condo in Boca.

which is why he cant go to his friends house. he likely has drinks.
    Haha I think my point is to stop yourself from drinking. Maybe he should go hang with his granny then.

it likely was one of the reasons she left him.
    Oh yeah, for sure. Aren't they simple to please, those wimmity-womans. Sign a piece of paper, give her a ring, drop back on the couch. She's all happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dbaum23 View Post
    Funny, switch man and women around and it's suddenly okay. I know quite a few women with most of that reasoning, except maybe the alcohol collection and that's fine by society's standards.
    wait you mean men and women are different? really? As for those "women you know" I'm going to guess they're between 18-24
    Last edited by stabetha; 2014-09-08 at 06:07 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incarnate View Post
    Been through a divorce, suffering through years of a relationship I didnt want to be in was far worse than the divorce.

Live goes on, it gets a little better, then worse, then a a lot better, then just kind of plateaus for another 30 years.

If she's right, and you're codependent, then here's an opportunity to learn about you and being on your own. Enjoy!
    I'm 20....something. Hard to counter after 5. more than 25. I know enough about myself already. I'm an amateur writer. I like to make people laugh. I love to learn random shit to share with those around me. Oh and me being proud of my alcohol has a lot to do with a fascination I had with anthropology while I could still afford to go to school. Every notice that every civilization discovers fermentation right after agriculture? All regions of the world have a just fascinating history of making booze and I started my collection as a way to categorize the history of different spirits. Man I was so excited the first time I found Plymouth gin for sale. One of the oldest styles of gin still in existence!

Anyway, point being, I haven't just put the edges on the jig-saw puzzle that is "Bob," I'm just missing a few ducks and some faces.

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    I'm overly simplifying things, absolutely. Partially because I've gone 1/3 of the way into a bottle of death's door gin and partially because I am incredibly upset. There are things I could have been doing to help, but it just feels to me that they're things we could have worked out considering I'm in a transition period. I don't know. I alternate between bitter and "sky is falling" depending on drunkenness and how well I'm occupying my time. Currently, not too bad, feel better after talking. Thank you internet strangers.
    I feel ya. It sucks. Life can sometimes kick our asses. But now you have a unique opportunity to look yourself in the mirror and truly, honestly, evaluate where you are, what you want, and what needs to change to better your situation. You'll get through this. If nothing else, accept this troubling time as a chance to learn some big life lessons so that you'll never make those mistakes again. That's what it's all about. /brofist
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Next time before making a thread try to at least have a reasonable discussion topic and not use this forum to rant about simple matters.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnasty View Post
    Women are all around horrible people. My best friend is a girl and the way they rationalize things, play games, and then give the puppy eyes if their extensive plans fail is ridiculous. Her mother who was a woman who has been threw 3 marriages tells her daily to "First marry for money, second marriage do it for property or to test the waters, marry for love the 3rd time around." I mean how fucked is that.

Women demand equality, but then constantly complain about their raw end of the deal, or dislike being treated as an equal.

She had you waiting to get married till after school? Sounds to me like she was unsure of what she wanted and you were a time sink. In my opinion on the the next one. It gets easier as you get older though.... men and woman hold different sets of stock in life. Early on a beautiful young woman with no kids has all the options in the world. But as time goes on, her beauty fades, maybe she has a kid or two and no stable marriage, maybe she ends up a single mother....he stock has fallen to penny stock prices. You as a man, the old, fatter, and more successful you get just become that much more of an eligible bachelor. Women got us beat early on, but 30 and up, you can have any unmarried betty you want, shed rather be with some asshole she doesnt love than a crazy cat lady screaming at kids playing outside her 1/1 condo in Boca.
    Unless he gets married at a young age. It's just too big of a gamble to get married nowadays, it can screw you up emotionally and it can screw you severely financially even if you do convince her to do a prenup with all the loopholes involved.

Plus that isn't going into what she's like during the marriage. More often than not I found a lot of dames unable to handle finances or get grasp on that concept and just simply want to buy a lot of useless shit. Not all women are like that, thankfully but the ones that are just horrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    You'll get over it. Women are only good for their holes, anyway.
    The sex was amazing for a relationship of this length, or so I've been told. Probably average it to around 6-8 times a week for the last 3 years.