Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I thought this was pretty funny until I realized you actually meant shingles.

Never heard of it though, is this common where you're from?
    Hot sexy shingles in your area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    NHS claim 1 in 4 get shingles at least once in their life

Dunno bout that. I also had never heard about it till a guildy got it last year. From how he was sounding it might've been a rough case.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Dunno bout that. I also had never heard about it till a guildy got it last year. From how he was sounding it might've been a rough case.
    Not sure how old you are, but if you're young, that's probably the reason. Most shingles cases are in people over 50.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Not sure how old you are, but if you're young, that's probably the reason. Most shingles cases are in people over 50.
    I knew Reeve was an old man! proofs!

but Im not looking foreward to getting shingles myself. Had chickenpox when I was 7, and still have a scar form where I scratched too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I knew Reeve was an old man! proofs!

but Im not looking foreward to getting shingles myself. Had chickenpox when I was 7, and still have a scar form where I scratched too much.
    Hey now, I'm 31!

It also tends to afflict people with weakened immune systems. I'd just come back from Singapore, where I'd gotten a nasty flu, and then California, where I spent a week in a hospital with my sister, whose baby was stuck in the NICU, so I was around plenty of stuff that could have compromised my immune system. (No, I don't have AIDS)
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    i havent seen much of those ads up myself. a lot of Clorox bleach ones though

i remember getting chicken pox while with my family on vacation in canada, my father wanted to go there for cheap laser eye surgery, damn that was 17 years ago already
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Hey now, I'm 31!

It also tends to afflict people with weakened immune systems. I'd just come back from Singapore, where I'd gotten a nasty flu, and then California, where I spent a week in a hospital with my sister, whose baby was stuck in the NICU, so I was around plenty of stuff that could have compromised my immune system. (No, I don't have AIDS)
    Best pickup line ever, you smooth talker you

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually got shingles when I was 7. Apparently that's very uncommon. It was like a belt of big chicken pox that wrapped around my chest and upper back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alzoron View Post
    Now that there's a vaccine some studies have shown an upswing in incidents of shingles.

Of course after all us old people that didn't get to benefit from the chicken pox vaccine finally die off this won't be an issue anymore.
    Mind linking the articles where this is stated? Because considering shingles usually affects people decades down the line,e and the vaccine wasn't that prominent when the people getting shingles now got chicken pox in the first place, that sounds like intentionally skewed information.
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2014-09-09 at 04:52 AM.

got shingles at about age 25 or 26 i cant remember. worst pain of my life and not a damn thing you can do about it. pop a bunch of ibuprofen or have a friend with some pain pills. mine started on my back/shoulder area and spread out from there. created heart attack like pain in my chest/shoulder (which is common) pretty much layed in bed for about 1-2 days before it started to wane.

ot i agree there have been a rash of commercials on TV about it all of a sudden. dont know why. i guess with more and more people having access to healthcare were going to start seeing more and more pharma companies pushing more and more crap. not that im against vacs or boosters etc but i dont think shingles is at the top of the priority list.

When I was a kid, my best friend got chicken pox. Her mom called my mom, and then I was rushed over there to get infected. This is after I was diagnosed with type I Diabetes, and that's started from an immune disorder... so... I got it rather quickly. Then I had to go to the hospital because I got rather sick, and it put me into DKA. Thanks, mom. Worst two weeks of my entire life.

Still, I'm highly liable to get shingles at some point in my life. Yay for auto immune disorders! I'm 26 now, and... I'm sure it'll strike eventually

I had the pox, I wasn't deliberately infected though. 31 and no shingles yet. But I did work at a brake shoe relining facility when I was 21, so there might be mesothelioma in my future. I'd rather get shingles.

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    When I was a kid, my best friend got chicken pox. Her mom called my mom, and then I was rushed over there to get infected. This is after I was diagnosed with type I Diabetes, and that's started from an immune disorder... so... I got it rather quickly. Then I had to go to the hospital because I got rather sick, and it put me into DKA. Thanks, mom. Worst two weeks of my entire life.

Still, I'm highly liable to get shingles at some point in my life. Yay for auto immune disorders! I'm 26 now, and... I'm sure it'll strike eventually
    take heart, science may be to the rescure (unsure of the site, but was the first one i grabbed, link states MS, however the research applies to all autoimmune diseases)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...ne-system.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ycarene View Post
    Maybe it's serving you ads based on your age, or the age it thinks you are.
    thats really kind of hard for a tv that isnt internet capable to do. i keep seeing the shingles ads on tv and i was wondering why?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I had the pox, I wasn't deliberately infected though. 31 and no shingles yet. But I did work at a brake shoe relining facility when I was 21, so there might be mesothelioma in my future. I'd rather get shingles.
    now that you mention it. i see a LOT of lawyer ads on tv for mesothelioma. at least 5 times a day.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.