Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    Not British, don't care.
    you cared enough to post....
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SidFwuff View Post
    Charles has his moments- he's got some wit.

He does seem rather entitled though- CBC had a documentary (originally from BBC maybe?) where he is alleged to be the stereotypical portrayal of a Royal: He calls servants to pick things up for him, has them put toothpaste on his toothbrush, and there was a video clip of him appearing really confused when Harry (IIRC) was polishing his own riding boots. Charles asked his son why he didn't just get a servant to do it from what I remember.

That aside, an article in the local newspaper once painted him as a rather tragic figure. He's someone that was caught between older ideals and modern times. Unlike his sons, Charles was raised 'old school' and doesn't have the benefit of his sons' contact with the 'unwashed masses' courtesy of Diana (sneaking them off to McDonald's and such). His marriage of Diana, for example, was purely political and Charles was taught a Royal is supposed to marry for political reasons and then see an actual love on the side.

...which the media tore him apart when it was found out he was cheating on Diana.

As you said RICH, he's a nice enough guy though. He always takes time to talk with the 'peasants' when he visits Canada, even when it gets him in trouble. (His recent talking with an employee at a museum here about Putin comes to mind) but both William and Harry seem much more adapted to the 'modern' role of a Royal.
    Exactly what most of the UK think, we love the Queen but she keeps to herself and rarely makes her private opinions known. We love Harry and William as they seem like genuinely nice guys that spend a lot of time spent helping others while at the same time knowing how to have a good time like any others their age. Poor Prince Charles is stuck in the middle, he is too old to embrace modern ways but is too young to get away with what Philip does.

I pro baby but I loathe royals.

I'm conflicted.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think starting up a thread about an upcoming royal baby with "hope it's a lesbian" and "crotch midget" is a good way to go. From reading the thread, most of the other posters feel the same way.

Closing.