Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    I fail to see how are we gonna find any clue in a place they haven't even set foot on. Another metzen's great storytelling chapter incoming?
    lol...

/10chars

I do vaguely recall blizz saying they might make an appearance in WoD, I've got no proof whatsoever to back that claim though.
    Like said above they simply weren't on draenor at the time this expansion will take place. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

In the same way as a trickle of water will prefer to run down a course it has run before, opening portals between timelines and dimensions leave a "residual path" as it were. As people leap between dimensions, they are more likely to be lead to a destination that is more heavily traversed, than a completely new one. Or something.

In patch 6.4 Turalyon and Alleria will pop out of a portal on Draenor wearing Space Marine armour and with massive lazer guns and shit. Heard it here first
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I really hope Turalyon and Alleria become raid fodder. Its high time the Alliance loses some of its iconic lore characters like the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I really hope Turalyon and Alleria become raid fodder. Its high time the Alliance loses some of its iconic lore characters like the Horde.
    Arthas
    Terenas
    Anduin Lothar
    Medivh(I think he was Alliance for the most part)
    Antonidas
    Uther

I could name a few more if I remembered them.

Oh yeah. Most of the High Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    why are you people obcessed with turalyon?
    Because he's not an orc...and we're tired of orcs...

10+ Year Old Account
    Better be dead before they become neutral heroes working with the Horde, as the traitor of Khadgar ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    why are you people obcessed with turalyon?
    Maybe because along with Alleria, they are the only ones who can restore the pride to the Alliance, that now is sullied by the filthy neutrality.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Better be dead before they become neutral heroes working with the Horde, as the traitor of Khadgar ...

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe because along with Alleria, they are the only ones who can restore the pride to the Alliance, that now is sullied by the filthy neutrality.
    Neutral heroes working for the horde.

Does that even make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctusar View Post
    Arthas
    Terenas
    Anduin Lothar
    Medivh(I think he was Alliance for the most part)
    Antonidas
    Uther

I could name a few more if I remembered them.

Oh yeah. Most of the High Elves.
    I meant in WoW. To which none of those apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    Turalyon and Alleria are too busy in pound town making their own army.

OT: didnt metzen say that we might get some clues at to their whereabouts?
    This expansion is likely to flesh out our information about the Legion... I mean in the original timeline they successfully take Outland and use it as the stepping stone to get to Azeroth. Karioz messed up a little bit here. His plan was to form an infinite Horde... But now we have two Legions, and the same Horde/Alliance (+ Frostwolf Orcs and Draenei??) so it stands to reason at some point the Legion are going to hit Draenor Hard... We had a lot more going for us when we defeated them on Azeroth. I hope they find a way to connect the plots of Outland and Draenor in a meaningful way, and then the next expansions will lead us out there.

I would not even doubt that what we do in Draenor may end up causing time rifts or some chaos in Outland, leading us into the next expansion in Outland and beyond. While this is another timeline, that does not prevent the possibility of this new timeline spilling into ours in other ways. The Dark Portal is only one portal, Outland has them all over the place, and Outland is in itself a multidimensional place, you can see that looking into the sky over Karabor... Just having us making so many changes in Draenor, and destabilizing their timeline could cause dramatic effects. We ARE changing 'their' future. The short stories show the elements and shamans in Draenor HATE us. We are essentially the Infinite dragonflight of this timeline, we are stepping in, and changing the natural flow of events.

I just hope the story makes sense and flows towards a really nice conclusion... I hate wishy washy stories.
    Last edited by Concequence; 2014-09-08 at 03:35 PM.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

Bolvar.

I'll get back to you though when I think of some more.

But he says "with" the Horde.

And I agree with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry. I'm sure they'll eventually show up. To both be neutral. With Turalyon constantly bossing and micro-managing Alleria and telling her to hush all the time. Such excite.
    Look! Words!

So only in one game in this grand scheme of lore? That's kind of ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycoko View Post
    This is actually unfortunate to me. I understand how this story is working. Alternate timeline=current time line unaffected. That's all fine and what not. But im really hoping when we come back through to Azeroth when all is said and done. There will be a new Nage infused problem we have to deal with. ^.^ One can only hope.

EDIT: Also why are those two so significant? I played during BC but I came into the game after BC was released probably 7-8 months before Wrath.
    when you have time you should check out WOWwiki or see if Nobbel87 has any videos on it.

But Turalyon was one of the first paladins (ever), he ended up leading the (first) Alliance (of Kul Tiras, Lordearon, Gilneas, Dalaran, Silvermoon, Alterac, Arathi, Ironforge, The Wildhammers) in their counter to the Hordes invasion of the north. In doing so he allied with Alleria, leader of the elven forces and sister of Sylvannus and Vereesa, and the representative of the WIldhammers, Kudran wildhammer. Lots of Drama and action happened (the book is directly based on the game, rather than vice versa, so its mostly action) but despite Alterac's betrayal and with the might of the Alliance and the cleverness of Trollbane the Alliance military saved Lordearon against the Horde (which included Gul'dan's deathknights, Ogre mages and Amani Trolls).

I'm not sure if it was during this war or when Nerzhul recreated the Dark portal but in one of the battles most of the Windrunner family was destroyed and indeed the Elves later left the Alliance as they blamed the Alliance for getting them involved in a war not their own that destroyed so much of their forests and homes and people. But Griefstricken by the genocide of her family and those under her protection Alleria took comfort with Turalyon ("I just want to forget" sex) and became increasingly genocidal to Orcs. So while those two had a "thing" there was this big overtone of rescuing her from her grief. Anyways Nerzhul sent Gorefiend to steal some artifacts a few years later. But in response to these remnants of the Horde on Draenor's side doing this military action and taking such powerful artifacts with them the greatest heroes of the alliance led an expedition after them. Turalyon, Alleria, Kadgar, Kudran, and Danath Trollbane took their forces through the portal, hunted Ner'zhul, defeated deathwing, but got to the orc to late. All the portals he created to try to find a new planet for the orcs put to much strain on the planet. In order to save Azeroth from the explosion that would tear through the portal Kadgar forced shut the dark portal and opened a temporary portal that our heroes jumped into that saved them. This portal quickly destabalized and plopped them out onto the new outland and the Alliance forces, the military might of the wildhammers,Trollbane's forces, Lordearon, and The High Elves made the most of it creating bases such as those you see in Terrokkar forest, Netherstorm, and hellfire penninsula.

The countries on Azeroth assumed Draenor destroyed and about 20 years later for the Burning crusade Kazzak opened the dark portal and reveals Outland.

This is why it was a big deal, because we first learned that those forces lived, and it was a direct Ode to Warcraft 2 and 3.

WoD may be "Burning crusade 2" to some, but it is in a different way. Burning crusade delt alot with the stuff of the second two games, while WoD "fills in the gaps" for Warcraft 1 in a sense.

But i think supposedly those two went into a different portal and only Kadgar popped out. So we dont know were they are.

He said with the Horde not for the Horde. Implying with the Alliance as well. Try to calm down.

He said with the Horde not for the Horde. Implying with the Alliance as well. Try to calm down.
    You know I really hate when people tell me to calm down when I was perfectly calm. Where was I not calm in that post?

Nevermind, I don't wanna go off topic because you feel I wasn't calm enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Barracks00 View Post
    So only in one game in this grand scheme of lore? That's kind of ridiculous.
    No. But since we're talking about Alleria and Turalyon being implemented in WoW. WoW is the only relevant one.

Bolvar.

I'll get back to you though when I think of some more.
    Not dead.

No. But since we're talking about Alleria and Turalyon being implemented in WoW. WoW is the only relevant one.

Not dead.
    But we lost a major alliance lore character. It doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Because he's not an orc...and we're tired of orcs...
    the orcs i hate the most? Kadgar, Yrel, Velen, Maarad, Varian, anduin, jaina, Voljin and Sylvannus

Hate those damn orcs all over our expansions

- - - Updated - - -

Actually he wasnt implying the alliance.

He was implying that a member of the Alliance being smart enough to work with people from the horde to stop a mutual threat somehow makes them Neutral and a traitor.

So his intent was clear. Ignoring the fact that Kadgar is a part of the alliance and only working with the horde to stop a hostile invasion force dangerous to both parties, and focusing on the fact that a Hero of the alliance isnt a racist moron with a personal vendetta.

P.S this is what "calm, but aggressively pointed and tired of peoples snarky self fulfilling B.S." reads like"

- - - Updated - - -

But we lost a major alliance lore character. It doesn't matter.
    Seems like not liking your favorite quarterback just because he gets sold to a different team. Is the only thing that matters is if a good character wears blue or red?

especially when the major theme of Warcraft is "We are not so different".