How many packs/dust do I need to get every card golden?

Currently I have 19200 gold and 30k dust along with a Golden Tirion, Golden Sylvanas and Golden Jarraxus. How many packs do I need to buy all common/uncommon/rare/legendary cards? I do have a couple of those golden but I don't have a complete list to calculate it more easily.

Also, if I would buy the blizzcon 2013 goody pack on ebay, can I still get the golden elite tauren chieftain? I got every card there currently together with duplicates (2 of every non golden except legs) with naxxramas unlocked so don't worry about me wasting my gold/packs on other non-golden cards. Thanks in advance ^^

I believe the latest estimate of being able to craft all gold cards starting from nothing is around 2300 packs for what HS shipped with. Naxx is another 46400 more dust needed, and the average pack contains somewhere in the vicinity of 100 dust, so another 460 packs -> total = 2760 packs = 276,000 gold. So ... you've got enough stuff (your collection is about 500 packs baseline, your gold and dust is about equivalent to another 500 packs) to make a solid dent in it, but still quite a ways away (1700 packs left to go ...)

You do get the golden ETC if you input a code from last year's blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shisui-kun View Post
    Currently I have 19200 gold and 30k dust along with a Golden Tirion, Golden Sylvanas and Golden Jarraxus. How many packs do I need to buy all common/uncommon/rare/legendary cards? I do have a couple of those golden but I don't have a complete list to calculate it more easily.

Also, if I would buy the blizzcon 2013 goody pack on ebay, can I still get the golden elite tauren chieftain? I got every card there currently together with duplicates (2 of every non golden except legs) with naxxramas unlocked so don't worry about me wasting my gold/packs on other non-golden cards. Thanks in advance ^^
    how did you get all that?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    I'm going to hazard a guess and say "Played the game a fuuuucking lot".

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    Bought around 240 packs in total and did alot of arena runs while just saving up after I got every card there is. After a while you don't have anything to spend it on and I don't mind buying 2 to 3 arena runs a week with real money to acquire every golden card since hearthstone was pretty cheap compared to magic or pokemon in terms of money cost.

If it's another 1700 packs I will just take it slowly from here and try to get some other goldens through arena while acquiring gold at the same time.. 1700 packs is going to take lots of time though _-_

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I'm going to hazard a guess and say "Played the game a fuuuucking lot".
    Not that much to be honest. Currently on 1600 arena wins and 2800 playmode wins.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    the average pack contains somewhere in the vicinity of 100 dust
    The "average" pack - that is, the vast, VAST majority of packs you open - will contain 4 commons and a rare. 40 dust.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    The "average" pack - that is, the vast, VAST majority of packs you open - will contain 4 commons and a rare. 40 dust.
    And on average you'll probably get around 60 per pack (Taking into consideration the packs you get legendaries and all that). That said, it's not a big difference.

The best way would obviously be to get all the dust required before you start crafting anything (except Naxxramas cards) since you can always luck out with the odd golden from arena/packs.

A pack in average (considering all the occurrences) is indeed about 100 dust and the poster was correct: you're thinking of median rather than average.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

The plurality of packs will contain 4 commons and a rare for 40 dust (roughly 46% of packs end up that way), but because golden and higher rarity cards are worth much more, the average disenchant value of a pack will rise significantly higher. Because we're talking in such large number of packs, it's viable to extrapolate the statistical average per pack. If you're interested in the math behind it, here goes -

A common has a 10% chance to upgrade to a rare.
    A rare has a 20% chance to upgrade to an epic.
    An epic has a 20% chance to upgrade to a legendary.

Every common has a 2% chance to upgrade to a gold.
    Every other rarity has a 5% chance to upgrade to a gold.

A pack starts out as 4 commons and a rare. Each common has a:

88.2% chance to remain a common.
    1.8% chance to upgrade a golden common.
    7.6% chance to upgrade to a rare.
    0.4% chance to upgrade to a golden rare.
    1.52% chance to upgrade to an epic.
    0.08% chance to upgrade to a golden epic.
    0.38% chance to upgrade to a legendary.
    0.02% chance to upgrade to a golden legendary

Each rare has a:

76% chance to remain a rare
    4% chance to upgrade to a golden rare
    15.2% chance to upgrade to an epic
    0.8% chance to upgrade to a golden epic.
    3.8% chance to upgrade to a legendary
    0.2% chance to upgrade to a golden legendary.

A common disenchants to 5 dust; golden is 50.
    A rare disenchants to 20 dust; golden is 100.
    An epic disenchants to 100 dust; golden is 400.
    A legendary disenchants to 400 dust; golden is 1600.

Multiplying it straight out and adding up the weighted average, each of the original 4 commons in the packs has an expected value of 10.91 dust. The rare has an expected value of 56 dust.

4*10.91 + 56 = 99.64 average dust per pack.

10+ Year Old Account
    if each pack only has a .38% chance for a legendary then i must have gotten really lucky to get 7 legendaries in less than 50 purchased card packs. purchased all but 3 with gold. not counting the naxxrammas ones of course.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Each individual common card has a 0.38% chance to upgrade to a legendary. (Actually 0.4% including gold). There are 4 such common cards per pack, and one rare card which itself has a 4% chance to become a legendary. Overall, you have approximately a 5.5% chance to get a legendary in a pack, which is about one per 18 packs.

So you're still lucky. Just not lotto winning lucky.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep, brain fail on my part there. Ignore me!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

id suggest buying all the packs first, seeing what you get, D/Eing what you dont need, finding out how much dust you have after then start at the bottom with the Common Cards, as they'll be the fastest ones to get crafted, and you could probably get the full set with what you have to start with.

Assuming you're starting with no Goldens, then you will probably need in the region of 300k+ dust just off the top of my head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    id suggest buying all the packs first, seeing what you get, D/Eing what you dont need, finding out how much dust you have after then start at the bottom with the Common Cards, as they'll be the fastest ones to get crafted, and you could probably get the full set with what you have to start with.

Assuming you're starting with no Goldens, then you will probably need in the region of 300k+ dust just off the top of my head.
    I'd suggest crafting the legendaries first, as the chance of getting them are the lowest (unless you already have enough dust to make them all, in which case just make whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I'd suggest crafting the legendaries first, as the chance of getting them are the lowest (unless you already have enough dust to make them all, in which case just make whatever).
    Yeah thats true... probably go in reverse order actually, rather than starting from the bottom.

If you mean crafting golden legendaries from Naxx, sure - actually, crafting golden Naxx anything is fine. But if you were to craft the golden legendaries from expert set, you'd set yourself back about ~400 packs if you craft as you go (ie requiring 3100 packs instead of 2700). Counterintuitively, if you craft golden commons -> rares -> epics -> legendaries as you go, you will only set yourself back about ~320 packs. The best strategy is simply to craft absolutely nothing until you have enough dust to craft everything you need in one swoop.