Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Heh, well I'm a transplant from California.
    That explains your pinko tendencies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Nope, I am what I am.

No. It's probably why I don't have friends.

Or it could be this other thing.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. I might pretend to be having a good time at events I don't want to go to simply because I feel the need to be polite, though. That has nothing to do with fitting in.
    That's different. That's just called having social skills. It's not the same as faking interests so people like you.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I pretend to like my job to stay employed. Does that count?

Nope, because once the conversation moves any further you'll get called on your bullshit immediately. Or not get called and look like an ass anyway.

Usually I handle such situations with something like "nope, never seen XYZ but I've heard about it; it sounds interesting." At that point, people are usually eager to tell you everything about that particular subject and all you have to do in order to participate in the conversation is listen. Works like a charm, every time.

7+ Year Old Account
    I pretend to not like things or know less about them than I actually do.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I pretend I dont like Britney Atleast its not Justin Bieber right?...

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Heck no, I tell my friends all the time how much I hate Dr.Who and they all love it.
    Little things like that don't matter when it comes to friendship.
    Oh my lord...that fucking show. It is not good. Like not at all...and somehow it became some sort of prerequisite for being a nerd.

I mean what the hell. I've tried. I have really tried to like this show. I've started watching it several times and every time I just can't finish it. It's almost like the show is self aware and know it's an ass whole...I feel like it is laughing at me every time I watch it.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Nope. I tend to try and piss people off intentionally if I dislike them...which is however rare, I don't get out much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    I pretend to like my job to stay employed. Does that count?
    You probably can drop that. If employers fired employees who didn't like their job...NO PLACE would be adequately staffed.

Deleted
    Hell no. If i don't like something, i don't like it. Fuck them.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Screw other people. I don't much care for them, and if they don't like me because I don't like the same things as them, it's less people I have to put up with talking too.

Didn't you make a thread wondering whether it was OK to admit to your friends that you like anime fairly recently? Are you concerned that people you have met are just claiming to like anime to get closer to you as they are no doubt aware you are the ultimate being?

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Oh my lord...that fucking show. It is not good. Like not at all...and somehow it became some sort of prerequisite for being a nerd.

I mean what the hell. I've tried. I have really tried to like this show. I've started watching it several times and every time I just can't finish it. It's almost like the show is self aware and know it's an ass whole...I feel like it is laughing at me every time I watch it.
    My ex told me when we went back out I'd have to give it a try at least. She made me watch some episode, and I was like "That was garbage" and then she was like "Well, if I knew you'd just base it off one episode I would of showed you a better one!".
    So reassuring! Everything I see from it just makes me go "Why"

In a professional environment, through work for example, I pretend to be knowledgeable and interested if in a situation that needs it I suppose. I can't say I'd lie and pretend to like something to make friends though.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    No I don't. Lost quite alot of ''friends'' by saying how much I hate clubbing or going out in general and refuse to do it. If I don't like something I don't like something, nothings going to change that.

Deleted
    Heh, well I'm a transplant from California.
    It's really great that plants such as yourself can freely express their gender.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    My ex told me when we went back out I'd have to give it a try at least. She made me watch some episode, and I was like "That was garbage" and then she was like "Well, if I knew you'd just base it off one episode I would of showed you a better one!".
    So reassuring! Everything I see from it just makes me go "Why"
    yeah, I think i've given it about 15 hours to "Get it" and failed miserably. "Why" is also my overwhelming opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Never, but I'm always interested in hearing about other peoples interests, as long as they don't go overboard with it.