Factoring question (56m^2-15m-56)

I am working on this math problem and I was really proud of myself when I thought that I had found the answer without checking my notes or receiving any help. Unfortunately, it would seem that my elation was premature, as apparently I got the answer "wrong," even though I don't understand where I could have possibly made a mistake.

Can someone explain to me where I went wrong and why?

My work:

All of the writing on the page is mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General McMuffin View Post
    I am working on this math problem and I was really proud of myself when I thought that I had found the answer without checking my notes or receiving any help. Unfortunately, it would seem that my elation was premature, as apparently I got the answer "wrong," even though I don't understand where I could have possibly made a mistake.

Can someone explain to me where I went wrong and why?

My work:
    http://i61.tinypic.com/35d0x15.jpg

All of the writing on the page is mine.
    Because you don't have -15m.

-7 * 7m = -49m.
    8m * 8 = 64m.

You have +15m and not negative 15m. Swap the signs so that it's 7 * 7m and -8 * 8m and then you're golden.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Signs are backwards!
    Oh my, you are correct sir. I had been considering that as a possibility, but didn't want to risk being wrong and permanently getting the question incorrect (we only have three tries). Thank you!

wolfram alpha says a bunch of stuff that I don't understand and (8m + 7) (7m-8)

and it shows all the steps

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by General McMuffin View Post
    Oh my, you are correct sir. I had been considering that as a possibility, but didn't want to risk being wrong and permanently getting the question incorrect (we only have three tries).
    It is very easy to check yourself - just multiply brackets again and see if you get stuff at the beginning.